Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 11,463
Males: 5,449 (47.5%), Females: 6,014 (52.5%)
Median resident age: 41.2 years
Median household income: $49,552 (year 2000)
Median house value: $148,900 (year 2000)
Newport East, RI residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Newport East:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.3%)
- Black (4.0%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- Hispanic (2.2%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
- Other race (0.9%)
Ancestries: Irish (29.2%), English (16.3%), Portuguese (14.3%), Italian (12.0%), German (8.6%), French (6.8%).
New! East, Rhode Island forum
Land area: 5.7 square miles
false;" href="#"> Newport
For population 25 years and over in Newport East
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.6%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Newport East CDP
- Never married: 25.7%
- Now married: 54.1%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 10.4%
5.9% Foreign born (3.0% Europe, 1.2% Asia, 1.0% Latin America, 0.7% North America).
Real Estate MLS Search - Selling Rhode Island real estate, we can help you find it! />
RI Homes - View Hundreds of RI Homes Search the Newport RI mls />
Newport - RI's newest historic inn is ready to welcome you. />
RI Vacation Home - Property by the Ocean In Point Judith Narragansett RI />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: River, MA Fall (16.3 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (57.9 miles members.mlsassistant.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (189.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: RI Newport, (2.2 miles RI (2.6 miles Middletown, RI (3.9 miles Melville, RI (5.5 miles Jamestown, RI (7.0 miles Portsmouth, Compton, RI Little (8.0 miles RI Tiverton, (11.7 miles .
Latitude: 41.51 N, Longitude: 71.29 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 401
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (13.1%), Retail trade (10.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,379 (+12.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,545 (26.4%)
Average climate in Newport East, Rhode Island
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Newport East-area historical tornado activity is below Rhode Island state average. It is 67% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 37.9 miles away from the Newport East city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 57.0 miles away from the city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Newport East:
- NEWPORT HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; NEWPORT, RI)
- SOUTH COUNTY HOSPITAL INC (about 18 miles; WAKEFIELD, RI)
- DR JOHN C CORRIGAN MENTAL HEALTH CTR (about 18 miles; FALL RIVER, MA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Newport East:
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 17 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
- MARTHAS VINEYARD (about 49 miles; VINEYARD HAVEN, MA; ID: MVY)
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 54 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
Other public-use airports nearest to Newport East:
- NEWPORT STATE (about 2 miles; NEWPORT, RI; ID: UUU)
- QUONSET STATE (about 10 miles; NORTH KINGSTOWN, RI; ID: OQU)
- DOWNTOWN PROVIDENCE HELISTOP (about 23 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: RI9)
Amtrak station near Newport East:
- 20 miles: KINGSTON (WEST KINGSTON, FAIRGROUNDS RD.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Newport East:
- ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; BRISTOL, RI; Full-time enrollment: 3,007)
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND (about 17 miles; KINGSTON, RI; FT enrollment: 11,759)
- BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; FALL RIVER, MA; FT enrollment: 3,497)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF RHODE ISLAND (about 18 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 8,650)
- NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 18 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-DARTMOUTH (about 23 miles; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; FT enrollment: 6,071)
- JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; Providence, RI; FT enrollment: 8,218)
| || |
Notable locations in Newport East: Green End Fort (A), Wanumetonomy Golf Club (B), Newport Butterfly Farm (C), Newport County Chamber of Commerce (D), Temple Shalom Judaica Library (E), Middletown Historical Society Building (F), Middletown Town Hall (G). their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Browns Lane Plaza Shopping Center (1), Middletown Plaza Shopping Center (2), Ames Plaza Shopping Center (3), Aquidneck Shopping Centre (4). their locations on the map
Churches in Newport East include: Holy Cross Church (A), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (B), Temple Shalom (C), Church of Christ (D), Saint Michaels Episcopal Church (E), Middletown Baptist Church (F), Calvary United Methodist Church (G). their locations on the map
Cemetery: Saint Columbas Cemetery (1). its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Bailey Brook (A). its location on the map
Parks in Newport East include: Butterfly Zoo (1), Paradise Valley Park (2), Memorial to Black Soldiers (3). their locations on the map
Beach: Atlantic Beach (A). its location on the map
Newport East compared to Rhode Island state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Newport East:
- WADK (1540 AM; 1 kW; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: ASTRO TELE-COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WPRO (630 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WHJJ (920 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSAR (1480 AM; 5 kW; FALL RIVER, MA; Owner: BRISTOL COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSKO (790 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WRNI (1290 AM; 10 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WRNI FOUNDATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Newport East:
- WKKB (100.3 FM; MIDDLETOWN, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W243AI (96.5 FM; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: DAVID P. MAXSON)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WXHQ-LP (105.9 FM; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: NEWPORT MUSICAL ARTS ASSOCIATION)
- WRIU (90.3 FM; KINGSTON, RI; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND)
- WSNE-FM (93.3 FM; TAUNTON, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPRO-FM (92.3 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBRU (95.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: BROWN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WSKO-FM (99.7 FM; WAKEFIELD-PEACEDALE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWLI (105.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHJY (94.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAKX (102.7 FM; NARRAGANSETT PIER, RI; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WCTK (98.1 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJFD-FM (97.3 FM; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: EDMUND DINIS, TRUSTEE)
- WSMU-FM (91.1 FM; NORTH DARTMOUTH, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WQRI (88.3 FM; BRISTOL, RI; Owner: ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY)
- WJHD (90.7 FM; PORTSMOUTH, RI; Owner: PORTSMOUTH ABBEY SCHOOL)
TV broadcast stations around Newport East:
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WLWC (Channel 28; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: C-28 FCC LICENSEE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WWDP (Channel 46; NORWELL, MA; Owner: NORWELL TELEVISION, LLC)
- WRIW-LP (Channel 50; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: ZGS PROVIDENCE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.