Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,468
Males: 3,958 (46.7%), Females: 4,510 (53.3%)
Median resident age: 37.0 years
Median household income: $50,313 (year 2000)
Median house value: $151,700 (year 2000)
Wakefield-Peacedale, RI residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Wakefield-Peacedale:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.7%)
- American Indian (4.8%)
- Two or more races (2.8%)
- Black (2.0%)
- Hispanic (1.6%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (23.1%), English (17.3%), Italian (17.3%), French (10.1%), German (9.1%), Polish (5.9%).
New! Rhode Island forum
Land area: 4.9 square miles
false;" href="#"> Wakefield-Peacedale,
For population 25 years and over in Wakefield-Peacedale
- High school or higher: 89.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 41.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.6%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wakefield-Peacedale CDP
- Never married: 26.4%
- Now married: 54.4%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 10.3%
3.1% Foreign born (1.2% Europe, 1.0% Asia, 0.8% Latin America).
RI Homes - View Hundreds of RI Homes Search the Newport RI mls />
in Providence RI - Real Estate Agents compete for your business. Free - Easy />
Compton Property - of Little Compton Real Estate Houses, Land & Waterfront Property />
Island Hotels - Deals on Rhode Island Hotels at CheapTicketsยฎ Travel Made Simple />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: RI (20.0 miles Warwick, pop. 85,808).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (67.1 miles members.mlsassistant.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (173.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Pier, RI (2.4 miles Narragansett RI (3.2 miles Kingston, RI (3.4 miles Narragansett, Kingstown, RI (7.8 miles North RI (9.8 miles Exeter, RI (9.8 miles Jamestown, RI (10.6 miles Charlestown, RI Newport, (13.2 miles
Latitude: 41.44 N, Longitude: 71.50 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 401
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (34.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,426 (+28.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,306 (31.5%)
Average climate in Wakefield-Peacedale, Rhode Island
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Wakefield-Peacedale-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Rhode Island state average. It is 65% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 59.4 miles away from the Wakefield-Peacedale city center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 46.9 miles away from the city center injured 17 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Wakefield-Peacedale:
- SOUTH COUNTY HOSPITAL INC (about 3 miles; WAKEFIELD, RI)
- NEWPORT HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; NEWPORT, RI)
- KENT COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; WARWICK, RI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Wakefield-Peacedale:
- THEODORE FRANCIS GREEN STATE (about 20 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; ID: PVD)
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 38 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
- WORCESTER REGIONAL (about 63 miles; WORCESTER, MA; ID: ORH)
Other public-use airports nearest to Wakefield-Peacedale:
- RICHMOND (about 9 miles; WEST KINGSTON, RI; ID: 08R)
- QUONSET STATE (about 12 miles; NORTH KINGSTOWN, RI; ID: OQU)
- NEWPORT STATE (about 17 miles; NEWPORT, RI; ID: UUU)
Amtrak station near Wakefield-Peacedale:
- 6 miles: KINGSTON (WEST KINGSTON, FAIRGROUNDS RD.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wakefield-Peacedale:
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND (about 4 miles; KINGSTON, RI; Full-time enrollment: 11,759)
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF RHODE ISLAND (about 19 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 8,650)
- NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 19 miles; WARWICK, RI; FT enrollment: 2,419)
- ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; BRISTOL, RI; FT enrollment: 3,007)
- JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; Providence, RI; FT enrollment: 8,218)
- RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN (about 27 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; FT enrollment: 2,086)
- BROWN UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; PROVIDENCE, RI; FT enrollment: 7,460)
| || |
Notable locations in Wakefield-Peacedale: Peace Dale Museum of Primitive Culture and Nineteenth Century Mill Village (A), Hazard Memorial Library (B), South Kingston Town Hall (C), South Kingstown Public Library (D), YMCA of South County (E). their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Colonial Shopping Center (1), Dale Carlia Shopping Center (2), The Wakefield Mall Shopping Center (3), Belmont Shoppers Park Shopping Center (4). their locations on the map
Churches in Wakefield-Peacedale include: Wakefield Baptist Church (A), Saint Francis Church (B), First Church of the Nazarene (C), Peace Dale Congregational Church (D). their locations on the map
Cemetery: Riverside Cemetery (1). its location on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Silver Lake (A), Saugatucket Pond (B), Asa Pond (C), Rocky Brook Reservoir (D), Indian Run Reservoir (E), Peace Dale Reservoir (F), Crying Bog (G). their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Indian Run (A). its location on the map
Parks in Wakefield-Peacedale include: Old Mountain Field (1), Peace Dale Historic District (2). their locations on the map
Wakefield-Peacedale compared to Rhode Island state average:
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Wakefield-Peacedale:
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPRO (630 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRNI (1290 AM; 10 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WRNI FOUNDATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
- WARV (1590 AM; 5 kW; WARWICK, RI; Owner: BLOUNT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHJJ (920 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI)
- WSKO (790 AM; 5 kW; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wakefield-Peacedale:
- WAKX (102.7 FM; NARRAGANSETT PIER, RI; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WRIU (90.3 FM; KINGSTON, RI; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND)
- WSKO-FM (99.7 FM; WAKEFIELD-PEACEDALE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKKB (100.3 FM; MIDDLETOWN, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWRX-FM (103.7 FM; WESTERLY, RI; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WWBB (101.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPRO-FM (92.3 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWLI (105.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSNE-FM (93.3 FM; TAUNTON, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBRU (95.5 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: BROWN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- W243AI (96.5 FM; NEWPORT, RI; Owner: DAVID P. MAXSON)
- WHJY (94.1 FM; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHJM (107.7 FM; PAWCATUCK, CT; Owner: FULLER BROADCASTING INTERNATIONAL, LLC)
- WADK-FM (99.3 FM; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: ASTRO TELE-COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WCRI (95.9 FM; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: CHARLES RIVER BROADCASTING WCRI LICENSE CORP.)
- WXLM (102.3 FM; STONINGTON, CT; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Wakefield-Peacedale:
- WPXQ (Channel 69; BLOCK ISLAND, RI; Owner: OCEAN STATE TELEVISION, L.L.C.)
- WNAC-TV (Channel 64; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: WNAC, LLC)
- WPRI-TV (Channel 12; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: TVL BROADCASTING OF RHODE ISLAND, LLC)
- WLNE-TV (Channel 6; NEW BEDFORD, MA; Owner: FREEDOM BROADCASTING OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND, INC.)
- WJAR (Channel 10; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: OUTLET BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSBE-TV (Channel 36; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC TELECOM. AUTHORITY)
- WRIW-LP (Channel 50; PROVIDENCE, RI; Owner: ZGS PROVIDENCE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.