Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,337
Males: 2,985 (47.1%), Females: 3,352 (52.9%)
Median resident age: 36.3 years
Median household income: $25,008 (year 2000)
Median house value: $53,700 (year 2000)
Homeland Park, SC residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Homeland Park:
- White Non-Hispanic (76.2%)
- Black (20.9%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Other race (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: United States (20.6%), Irish (11.5%), English (6.0%), German (5.5%), Dutch (1.7%), Scotch-Irish (1.3%).
New! Park, South Carolina forum
Elevation: 800 feet
Land area: 4.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Homeland Park
- High school or higher: 56.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 3.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.1%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Homeland Park CDP
- Never married: 24.1%
- Now married: 48.5%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 10.2%
- Divorced: 14.1%
1.0% Foreign born
Inlet New Homes - just listed homes, townhomes, condos and real estate for sale />
Real Estate - Current & Local Home Listings. Find Real Estate In SC. Free! />
SC Homes - Professional Real Estate Services To Local Buyers & Sellers! />
SC Real Estate - of home information from one of Anderson's leading Realtors. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: SC Greenville, (32.1 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: GA Atlanta, (129.6 miles pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (615.9 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: SC Anderson, (3.5 miles SC (5.7 miles Centerville, Starr, SC (6.6 miles) , SC (7.2 miles Northlake, SC (10.9 miles Iva, SC (11.7 miles Belton, Secession, SC (13.2 miles Lake Antreville, SC (13.6 miles) .
Latitude: 34.47 N, Longitude: 82.66 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 864
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (40.1%), Retail trade (11.9%), Educational,health and social services (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -359 (-5.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 275 (10.3%)
Average climate in Homeland Park, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Homeland Park-area historical tornado activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 30% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/31/1973, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 27.3 miles away from the Homeland Park city center killed 7 people and injured 30 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/8/1974, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.2 miles away from the city center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Homeland Park:
- ANDERSON AREA MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; ANDERSON, SC)
- PATRICK B HARRIS PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; ANDERSON, SC)
- HART COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; HARTWELL, GA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Homeland Park:
- ANDERSON RGNL (about 4 miles; ANDERSON, SC; ID: AND)
- DONALDSON CENTER (about 28 miles; GREENVILLE, SC; ID: GYH)
- GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG INTL (about 42 miles; GREER, SC; ID: GSP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Homeland Park:
- OCONEE COUNTY REGIONAL (about 21 miles; CLEMSON, SC; ID: CEU)
- PICKENS COUNTY (about 24 miles; PICKENS, SC; ID: LQK)
- HESTER MEMORIAL (about 27 miles; CALHOUN FALLS, SC; ID: 0A2)
Amtrak station near Homeland Park:
- 20 miles: CLEMSON (U.S. 123 & STATE HWY. 133). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Homeland Park:
- TRI-COUNTY TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 15 miles; PENDLETON, SC; Full-time enrollment: 2,343)
- CLEMSON UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; CLEMSON, SC; FT enrollment: 15,962)
- GREENVILLE TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 33 miles; GREENVILLE, SC; FT enrollment: 6,157)
- BOB JONES UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; GREENVILLE, SC; FT enrollment: 3,577)
- FURMAN UNIVERSITY (about 36 miles; GREENVILLE, SC; FT enrollment: 2,915)
- LANDER UNIVERSITY (about 39 miles; Greenwood, SC; FT enrollment: 2,429)
- PIEDMONT TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 41 miles; GREENWOOD, SC; FT enrollment: 2,406)
| || |
Shopping Centers: Southgate Shopping Center (1), Watson Village Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Homeland Park include: Homeland Park - John Wesley United Methodist Church (A), Homeland Park Baptist Church (B), Homeland Park Church of God (C), Anderson Mennonite Church (D), Marshall Memorial Church (E), Wellington Pentecostal Holiness Church (F), Varennes Heights Baptist Church (G), Rock Hill Church (H).
Homeland Park compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Homeland Park:
- WRIX (1020 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HOMELAND PARK, SC; Owner: AM 1020 INCORPORATED)
- WANS (1280 AM; 5 kW; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: FM 103 INC.)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WAIM (1230 AM; 1 kW; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTBI (1540 AM; daytime; 10 kW; PICKENS, SC; Owner: TABERNACLE CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS)
- WFGW (1010 AM; 50 kW; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
- WHPB (1390 AM; 1 kW; BELTON, SC; Owner: ROBERT BRYSON)
- WELP (1360 AM; 5 kW; EASLEY, SC)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGCR (720 AM; daytime; 10 kW; PISGAH FOREST, NC; Owner: ANCHOR BAPTIST BROADCASTING ASSOCIATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Homeland Park:
- WJMZ-FM (107.3 FM; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WROQ (101.1 FM; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: OBC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHZT (98.1 FM; SENECA, SC; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WESC-FM (92.5 FM; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRIX-FM (103.1 FM; HONEA PATH, SC; Owner: FM 103, INC.)
- WEPC (88.5 FM; BELTON, SC; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WCCP-FM (104.9 FM; CLEMSON, SC; Owner: GOLDEN CORNERS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSSL-FM (100.5 FM; GRAY COURT, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMUU-FM (94.5 FM; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: WMUU, INC.)
- WKSF (99.9 FM; ASHEVILLE, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEPR (90.1 FM; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WSPA-FM (98.9 FM; SPARTANBURG, SC; Owner: ENTERCOM GREENVILLE LICENSE, LLC)
- WMYI (102.5 FM; HENDERSONVILLE, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLFJ-FM (89.3 FM; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WFBC-FM (93.7 FM; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: ENTERCOM GREENVILLE LICENSE, LLC)
- WTPT (93.3 FM; FOREST CITY, NC; Owner: UPSTATE BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WBZT-FM (96.7 FM; MAULDIN, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBTS (95.5 FM; ATHENS, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W218AD (91.5 FM; BREVARD, NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
- W217AO (91.3 FM; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Homeland Park:
- W22AC (Channel 22; HARTWELL & ROYSTON, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- W50CL (Channel 50; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WBSC-TV (Channel 40; ANDERSON, SC; Owner: ANDERSON (WFBC-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- W50AB (Channel 50; HIAWASSEE, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WHNS (Channel 21; ASHEVILLE, NC; Owner: MEREDITH CORPORATION)
- WNEH (Channel 38; GREENWOOD, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- W65DS (Channel 65; HONEA PATH, SC; Owner: CAROLINA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.