Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,625
Males: 3,332 (50.3%), Females: 3,293 (49.7%)
Median resident age: 23.3 years
Median household income: $40,777 (year 2000)
Median house value: $93,400 (year 2000)
Laurel Bay, SC residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Laurel Bay:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (62.9%)
- Black (25.9%)
- Hispanic (7.9%)
- Other race (3.8%)
- Two or more races (2.0%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
- Filipino (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (14.9%), Irish (12.6%), United States (7.1%), English (6.2%), Italian (4.7%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%).
New! Bay, South Carolina forum
Elevation: 37 feet
Land area: 4.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Laurel Bay
- High school or higher: 92.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Laurel Bay CDP
- Never married: 12.9%
- Now married: 78.0%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 1.5%
- Divorced: 5.3%
3.9% Foreign born (2.1% Latin America, 1.3% Asia, 0.6% Europe).
Island, SC - your dream home in Pawleys Island. Free MLS search tool. />
Lake - New Lake Community! Minutes from Hilton Head Island, SC />
Head Homes on Sale - Homes for Sale in a South Carolina Coastal Community />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: GA Savannah, (35.4 miles pop. 131,510).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: FL Jacksonville, (159.5 miles pop. 735,617).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (649.9 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: SC (4.2 miles Burton, Point, SC (6.1 miles Shell SC (7.2 miles Beaufort, Royal, SC (7.7 miles Port Island, SC (11.1 miles Parris SC (13.3 miles Ridgeland, SC (16.9 miles Yemassee, SC Bluffton, (18.5 miles
Latitude: 32.46 N, Longitude: 80.79 W
Area code: 843
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.5%), Retail trade (16.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (12.9%), Public administration (10.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,419 (-36.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 126 (4.4%)
Average climate in Laurel Bay, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Laurel Bay-area historical tornado activity is below South Carolina state average. It is 32% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/9/1998, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 38.4 miles away from the Laurel Bay city center killed 2 people and injured 17 people and caused $3 million in damages.
On 9/3/1998, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 23.8 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 4 people and caused $360,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Laurel Bay:
- BEAUFORT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; BEAUFORT, SC)
- HILTON HEAD HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC)
- HAMPTON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 31 miles; VARNVILLE, SC)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Laurel Bay:
- BEAUFORT MCAS /MERRITT FIELD/ (about 6 miles; BEAUFORT, SC; ID: NBC)
- HILTON HEAD (about 19 miles; HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC; ID: HXD)
- SAVANNAH/HILTON HEAD INTERNATIONAL (about 37 miles; SAVANNAH, GA; ID: SAV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Laurel Bay:
- BEAUFORT COUNTY (about 12 miles; BEAUFORT, SC; ID: 73J)
- RIDGELAND (about 14 miles; RIDGELAND, SC; ID: 3J1)
- LOWCOUNTRY RGNL (about 34 miles; WALTERBORO, SC; ID: RBW)
Amtrak station near Laurel Bay:
- 17 miles: YEMASSEE (MAIN ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Laurel Bay:
- SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN (about 39 miles; SAVANNAH, GA; Full-time enrollment: 4,565)
- ARMSTRONG ATLANTIC STATE UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; SAVANNAH, GA; FT enrollment: 3,945)
- TRIDENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 62 miles; CHARLESTON, SC; FT enrollment: 5,925)
- CHARLESTON SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY (about 62 miles; CHARLESTON, SC; FT enrollment: 2,191)
- MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA (about 63 miles; CHARLESTON, SC; FT enrollment: 2,162)
- COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON (about 64 miles; CHARLESTON, SC; FT enrollment: 9,756)
- SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 68 miles; ORANGEBURG, SC; FT enrollment: 3,971)
Public primary/middle schools in Laurel Bay:
- LAUREL BAY PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 645; Location: LAUREL BAY SCHOOLS; Grades: PK - 02)
- LAUREL BAY INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 404; Location: LAUREL BAY SCHOOLS; Grades: 03 - 06)
| || |
Shopping Center: Laurel Bay Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Laurel Bay include: Laurel Bay Church (A), Rose Hill Church (B).
Cemetery: Laurel Bay Cemetery (1).
Laurel Bay compared to South Carolina state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Laurel Bay:
- WVGB (1490 AM; 1 kW; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: VIVIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WIQB (1050 AM; 25 kW; CONWAY, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBMQ (630 AM; 5 kW; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNFO (1430 AM; daytime; 1 kW; RIDGELAND, SC)
- WJLG (900 AM; 4 kW; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WTKS (1290 AM; 5 kW; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFXH (1130 AM; 1 kW; HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WALD (1080 AM; daytime; 3 kW; WALTERBORO, SC; Owner: JACQUELYN COLLIER PEMBROKE)
- WOKV (690 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, FL; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WQIZ (810 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ST. GEORGE, SC; Owner: RADIO PROPERTIES, LLC)
- WSCC (730 AM; 5 kW; CHARLESTON, SC; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Laurel Bay:
- WAGP (88.7 FM; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF BEAUFORT, INC)
- WYKZ (98.7 FM; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJWJ-FM (89.9 FM; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WWVV (104.9 FM; RIDGELAND, SC; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WJZX (99.7 FM; HOLLYWOOD, SC; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFXH-FM (106.1 FM; HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WGZR (106.9 FM; BLUFFTON, SC; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WLOW (107.9 FM; PORT ROYAL, SC; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WGZO (103.1 FM; PARRIS ISLAND, SC; Owner: ZIP COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZAT (102.1 FM; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WAEV (97.3 FM; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQBT (94.1 FM; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJCL-FM (96.5 FM; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSVH (91.1 FM; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WLFS (91.9 FM; PORT WENTWORTH, GA; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC)
- WSIS (103.9 FM; SPRINGFIELD, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Laurel Bay:
- W19CH (Channel 19; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W32BJ (Channel 32; BEAUFORT, ETC., SC; Owner: SOUTHERN TV CORPORATION)
- WJWJ-TV (Channel 16; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WGSA-CA (Channel 50; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: SOUTHERN TV CORPORATION)
- WSAV-TV (Channel 3; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTOC-TV (Channel 11; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WTGS (Channel 28; HARDEEVILLE, SC; Owner: BLUENOSE BROADCASTING OF SAVANNAH LLC)
- WJCL (Channel 22; SAVANNAH, GA; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF SAVANNAH LICENSE LLC)
- W35AY (Channel 35; HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC; Owner: MYRON K. HINES)
- W53BX (Channel 53; HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC; Owner: WHHI-TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.