Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,871. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,917 (+0.6% change)
Males: 3,556 (45.2%), Females: 4,315 (54.8%)
Median resident age: 38.7 years
Median household income: $27,459 (year 2000)
Median house value: $70,100 (year 2000)
Pulaski, TN residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Pulaski:
- White Non-Hispanic (69.8%)
- Black (27.1%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: United States (19.4%), English (7.2%), Irish (6.2%), German (4.4%), Scotch-Irish (2.1%), Subsaharan African (1.5%).Tennessee
Elevation: 709 feet
Land area: 6.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Pulaski
- High school or higher: 68.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 8.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pulaski city
- Never married: 25.0%
- Now married: 44.8%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 13.7%
- Divorced: 14.0%
1.6% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -206 (-2.6%).
Public Record Search - Record Center Free Online Public Record Access />
Real Estate - All Clarksville, Tn Homes Using the Local MLS Database />
Homes Nashville - Plantation--a Lakeside golf community near Nashville, Nissan />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: AL Decatur, (42.7 miles pop. 53,929).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: TN Nashville-Davidson, (68.9 miles pop. 545,524).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (461.7 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: TN (12.7 miles Lynnville, TN (13.1 miles Elkton, Hill, TN (14.4 miles Minor Lester, AL (16.6 miles) , TN (17.4 miles Cornersville, TN (18.2 miles Ardmore, AL (18.8 miles Elkmont, AL (19.5 miles Ardmore,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 15 buildings, average cost: $54,500
- 1997: 14 buildings, average cost: $74,600
- 1998: 18 buildings, average cost: $60,300
- 1999: 18 buildings, average cost: $47,100
- 2000: 45 buildings, average cost: $16,900
- 2001: 12 buildings, average cost: $98,900
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $42,000
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $98,300
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $83,300
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $113,500
Latitude: 35.20 N, Longitude: 87.03 W
Area code: 931
Pulaski, Tennessee business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (40.7%), Educational,health and social services (14.3%), Retail trade (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,310 (+67.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,300 (74.9%)
Crime in Pulaski by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||4 ||1 ||7 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||50.8 ||12.7 ||88.9 ||76.2 |
|Robberies ||8 ||9 ||5 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||101.6 ||114.3 ||63.5 ||76.2 |
|Assaults ||37 ||40 ||59 ||57 |
| per 100,000 ||470.1 ||508.2 ||749.6 ||724.2 |
|Burglaries ||99 ||96 ||119 ||120 |
| per 100,000 ||1257.8 ||1219.7 ||1511.9 ||1524.6 |
|Thefts ||207 ||286 ||353 ||326 |
| per 100,000 ||2629.9 ||3633.6 ||4484.8 ||4141.8 |
|Auto thefts ||11 ||16 ||14 ||13 |
| per 100,000 ||139.8 ||203.3 ||177.9 ||165.2 |
| ||349.3 ||388.0 ||504.0 ||483.8 |
Average climate in Pulaski, Tennessee
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pulaski-area historical tornado activity is above Tennessee state average. It is 143% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/16/1998, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 26.2 miles away from the Pulaski city center killed 3 people and injured 36 people and caused $13 million in damages.
On 5/18/1995, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 14.2 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 32 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Main business address for: FIRST PULASKI NATIONAL CORP (NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKS).
Hospital/medical center in Pulaski:
- HILLSIDE HOSPITAL (1265 E COLLEGE ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Pulaski:
- CROCKETT HOSPTIAL (about 24 miles; LAWRENCEBURG, TN)
- MARSHALL MEDICAL CENTER (about 26 miles; LEWISBURG, TN)
- ATHENS-LIMESTONE HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; ATHENS, AL)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pulaski:
- HUNTSVILLE INTL-CARL T JONES FIELD (about 43 miles; HUNTSVILLE, AL; ID: HSV)
- NORTHWEST ALABAMA RGNL (about 51 miles; MUSCLE SHOALS, AL; ID: MSL)
- SMYRNA (about 66 miles; SMYRNA, TN; ID: MQY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pulaski:
- ABERNATHY FIELD (about 4 miles; PULASKI, TN; ID: GZS)
- LAWRENCEBURG-LAWRENCE COUNTY (about 16 miles; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; ID: 2M2)
- ARDMORE (about 19 miles; ARDMORE, AL; ID: 1M3)
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Pulaski:
- MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 472; Location: 433 W MADISON ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.martinmethodist.edu)
- TENNESSEE TECHNOLOGY CENTER AT PULASKI (FT enrollment: 245; Location: 1233 E COLLEGE ST; Public; Website: www.pulaski.tec.tn.us)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pulaski:
- COLUMBIA STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; COLUMBIA, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,784)
- JOHN C CALHOUN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; DECATUR, AL; FT enrollment: 4,547)
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA IN HUNTSVILLE (about 42 miles; HUNTSVILLE, AL; FT enrollment: 4,795)
- ALABAMA A & M UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; NORMAL, AL; FT enrollment: 4,886)
- NORTHWEST SHOALS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-MUSCLE SHOALS (about 51 miles; MUSCLE SHOALS, AL; FT enrollment: 2,669)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH ALABAMA (about 52 miles; FLORENCE, AL; FT enrollment: 4,770)
- MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 58 miles; Tullahoma, TN; FT enrollment: 2,256)
Public high school in Pulaski:
- GILES COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 908; Location: 200 SHEILA FROST DR; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Pulaski:
- HIGHLAND CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 103; Location: 1827 MILL STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Pulaski:
- PULASKI ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 474; Location: 606 CEDAR LA; Grades: KG - 02)
- SOUTHSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 445; Location: 707 SOUTH CEDAR LA; Grades: 03 - 05)
- BRIDGEFORTH MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 439; Location: 1051 BRIDGEFORTH CR; Grades: 06 - 08)
Library in Pulaski:
- GILES COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $162,246; Location: 122 SOUTH SECOND STREET; 41,162 books; 1,136 audio materials; 568 video materials; 83 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Pulaski: Pulaski-Giles County Industrial Par (A), Kellum Gap (B), Pulaski City Hall (C), Giles County Courthouse (D).
Shopping Centers: Green Acres Shopping Center (1), Village Square Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Pulaski include: Church of God (A), Church of the Messiah Episcopal Church (B), Second Street Church of Christ (C), Saint Paul Church (D), Saint Andrew Memorial Church (E), East Hill Church of Christ (F), First Baptist Church (G), First Presbyterian Church (H).
Cemeteries: Old Graveyard Memorial Park (1), Patterson Cemetery (2), Maplewood Cemetery (3), Kellum Cemetery (4).
Reservoir: Abernathy Lake (A).
Parks in Pulaski include: North End Park (1), Washington Heights Park (2), Pleasant Run Park (3), Cave Springs Park (4), Richland Park (5), Sam Davis Park (6), South Patterson Park (7), Turner Park (8), Magazine Road Park (9).
Post office: (A).
Pulaski compared to Tennessee state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Pulaski:
- WKSR (1420 AM; 1 kW; PULASKI, TN; Owner: PULASKI BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLOR (1550 AM; 50 kW; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WVNN (770 AM; 10 kW; ATHENS, AL; Owner: ATHENS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBXR (1140 AM; daytime; 15 kW; HAZEL GREEN, AL; Owner: LOW COUNTRY CORPORATION, INC.)
- WZNN (620 AM; 5 kW; LEXINGTON, AL; Owner: MANUEL HUERTA)
- WAMB (1160 AM; 50 kW; DONELSON, TN; Owner: GREAT SOUTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKDA (1200 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: RADIO NASHVILLE, INC.)
- WNQM (1300 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: WNQM. INC.)
- WKAC (1080 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ATHENS, AL; Owner: LIMESTONE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WDJL (1000 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: JAMES K. SHARP DBA 5TH AVE BROADCASTING)
- WSLV (1110 AM; daytime; 3 kW; ARDMORE, TN; Owner: B & E BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pulaski:
- W265AQ (100.9 FM; PULASKI, TN; Owner: WILLIAM S. GEORGE)
- W291AO (106.1 FM; PULASKI, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WKSR-FM (98.3 FM; PULASKI, TN; Owner: PULASKI BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLLX (97.5 FM; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: ROGER WRIGHT DBA PROSPECT COMMUNICATIONS)
- WEUZ (92.1 FM; MINOR HILL, TN; Owner: BROADCAST ONE, INC.)
- WAHR (99.1 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WZYP (104.3 FM; ATHENS, AL; Owner: ATHENS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- W278AA (103.5 FM; MADISON, AL; Owner: TENNESSEE VALLEY RADIO, INC.)
- WDRM (102.1 FM; DECATUR, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W287AA (105.3 FM; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- W289AC (105.7 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: WILLIAM PAXTON ROGERS)
- W222AK (92.3 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: PRESS W. PARHAM)
- WXQW (94.1 FM; MERIDIANVILLE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W293AH (106.5 FM; NORMAL, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAYH (88.1 FM; HARVEST, AL; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WYFD (91.7 FM; DECATUR, AL; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDXE-FM (106.7 FM; LAWRENCEBURG, TN; Owner: LAKEWOOD COMMUNICATIONS LLC)
- W263AE (100.5 FM; LEWISBURG, TN; Owner: WEATHER RADAR ASSOCIATES)
TV broadcast stations around Pulaski:
- WTZT-LP (Channel 11; ATHENS, AL; Owner: WTZT-LP TELEVISION STATION, L.L.C.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.