Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 109,576. Estimated population in July 2005: 118,870 (+8.5% change)
Males: 54,275 (49.5%), Females: 55,301 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 33.0 years
Median household income: $62,406 (year 2000)
Median house value: $125,900 (year 2000)
Carrollton, TX residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Carrollton:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (61.2%)
- Hispanic (19.5%)
- Other race (7.7%)
- Black (6.3%)
- Asian Indian (4.0%)
- Two or more races (2.7%)
- Vietnamese (2.1%)
- Other Asian (2.0%)
- Korean (1.3%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (12.7%), English (10.5%), Irish (9.5%), United States (7.6%), Italian (3.0%), French (2.7%).Texas forum
Land area: 36.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Carrollton
- High school or higher: 86.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 37.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.6%
- Unemployed: 3.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Carrollton city
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 61.4%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 3.4%
- Divorced: 9.9%
19.9% Foreign born (9.9% Latin America, 8.5% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +26,409 (+31.8%).
| Ads by Google |
Apts Free Rent - months Free Rent on area apts Free expert help and moving guide. />
Property Mgmt - N Dallas Property Mgmt Search for Homes />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: TX Plano, (10.9 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Dallas, (15.1 miles pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: TX (2.7 miles Hebron, Branch, TX (4.4 miles Farmers TX Addison, (4.6 miles TX Coppell, (6.6 miles Colony, TX The (7.0 miles TX Lewisville, (8.4 miles TX Plano, (10.9 miles TX Irving, (11.1 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 547 buildings, average cost: $115,700
- 1997: 603 buildings, average cost: $126,700
- 1998: 784 buildings, average cost: $112,600
- 1999: 727 buildings, average cost: $158,900
- 2000: 520 buildings, average cost: $182,700
- 2001: 355 buildings, average cost: $214,200
- 2002: 282 buildings, average cost: $176,100
- 2003: 249 buildings, average cost: $220,100
- 2004: 503 buildings, average cost: $223,300
- 2005: 242 buildings, average cost: $279,100
Latitude: 32.99 N, Longitude: 96.89 W
Area codes: 972, 469, 214
Carrollton, Texas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (14.2%), Educational,health and social services (13.7%), Retail trade (13.1%), Manufacturing (12.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +3,280 (+3.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 15,774 (26.0%)
Crime in Carrollton by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||2 ||1 ||2 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||1.8 ||0.9 ||1.8 ||1.8 |
|Rapes ||12 ||8 ||2 ||18 ||15 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||11.0 ||7.3 ||1.8 ||16.4 ||13.7 ||4.6 |
|Robberies ||59 ||68 ||52 ||90 ||77 ||77 |
| per 100,000 ||53.8 ||62.1 ||47.5 ||82.1 ||70.3 ||70.3 |
|Assaults ||168 ||132 ||135 ||148 ||144 ||162 |
| per 100,000 ||153.3 ||120.5 ||123.2 ||135.1 ||131.4 ||147.8 |
|Burglaries ||734 ||781 ||802 ||819 ||808 ||844 |
| per 100,000 ||669.9 ||712.7 ||731.9 ||747.4 ||737.4 ||770.2 |
|Thefts ||2,291 ||2,406 ||2,491 ||2,802 ||2,742 ||2,553 |
| per 100,000 ||2090.8 ||2195.7 ||2273.3 ||2557.1 ||2502.4 ||2329.9 |
|Auto thefts ||317 ||314 ||358 ||411 ||489 ||413 |
| per 100,000 ||289.3 ||286.6 ||326.7 ||375.1 ||446.3 ||376.9 |
| ||204.9 ||206.3 ||209.7 ||243.7 ||242.1 ||231.6 |
Average climate in Carrollton, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Carrollton-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 225% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/25/1994, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 26.9 miles away from the Carrollton city center killed 3 people and injured 48 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 5/26/1976, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 6.9 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Mike Hawkins - 2005 NFL player (Green Bay Packers, born: Jul 15, 1983), Brandon Perry - College basketball player (Albany Great Danes), Columbus Willis - College basketball player (Arkansas LR Trojans), Jason Maxiell - College basketball player (Cincinnati Bearcats), Matt Davis - College basketball player (The Citadel Bulldogs), Patrick Wu - College football player (Cornell Big Red), Scott Weaver - College basketball player (Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks).
Main business address for: ZUNICOM INC (WHOLESALE-ELECTRONIC PARTS & EQUIPMENT, NEC), HOME INTERIORS & GIFTS INC (WHOLESALE-FURNITURE & HOME FURNISHINGS), GADZOOKS INC (RETAIL-FAMILY CLOTHING STORES), CELLSTAR CORP (WHOLESALE-ELECTRONIC PARTS & EQUIPMENT, NEC).
Hospital/medical center in Carrollton:
- TRINITY MEDICAL CENTER (4343 NORTH JOSEY LANE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Carrollton:
- RHD MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; DALLAS, TX)
- SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL-DALLAS (about 5 miles; DALLAS, TX)
- PRESBYTERIAN HOSP OF PLANO (about 7 miles; PLANO, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Carrollton:
- DALLAS LOVE FIELD (about 12 miles; DALLAS, TX; ID: DAL)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 13 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; ID: DFW)
- FORT WORTH ALLIANCE (about 30 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; ID: AFW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Carrollton:
- ADDISON (about 5 miles; DALLAS, TX; ID: ADS)
- AIR PARK-DALLAS (about 5 miles; DALLAS, TX; ID: F69)
- LAKEVIEW (about 12 miles; LAKE DALLAS, TX; ID: 30F)
Amtrak station near Carrollton:
- 16 miles: DALLAS (400 S. HOUSTON ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
College/University in Carrollton:
- ALADDIN BEAUTY COLLEGE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE (Location: 3360 WILEY POST RD STE A; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Carrollton:
- BROOKHAVEN COLLEGE (about 7 miles; FARMERS BRANCH, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,711)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 8 miles; IRVING, TX; FT enrollment: 2,651)
- NORTH LAKE COLLEGE (about 11 miles; IRVING, TX; FT enrollment: 4,554)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS (about 11 miles; RICHARDSON, TX; FT enrollment: 7,695)
- UNIVERSITY OF DALLAS (about 12 miles; IRVING, TX; FT enrollment: 2,400)
- RICHLAND COLLEGE (about 13 miles; DALLAS, TX; FT enrollment: 7,352)
- EL CENTRO COLLEGE (about 16 miles; DALLAS, TX; FT enrollment: 2,359)
Public high schools in Carrollton:
- SMITH HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,209; Location: 2335 N JOSEY LN; Grades: 09 - 12)
- TURNER HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,133; Location: 1600 JOSEY LN; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CREEKVIEW HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,097; Location: 3201 OLD DENTON RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- HEBRON H S (Students: 1,856; Location: 4207 PLANO PKWY; Grades: 09 - 12)
- GRIMES EDUCATION CENTER (Students: 282; Location: 1745 HUTTON; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Carrollton:
- CARROLTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 853; Location: 1820 PEARL ST. P O BOX 110204; Grades: PK - 12)
- AMERICAN HERITAGE ACADEMY (Students: 439; Location: 2660 E TRINITY MILLS RD; Grades: PK - 12)
- VICTORY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 23; Location: 1000 E BELTLINE SUITE 102; Grades: 6 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Carrollton:
- BLALACK MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,157; Location: 1706 PETERS COLONY; Grades: 06 - 08)
- PERRY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 957; Location: 1709 E BELT LINE RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- POLK MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 930; Location: 2001 KELLY BLVD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CREEK VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 812; Location: 4109 CREEK VALLEY BLVD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CENTRAL ELEMENTARY (Students: 774; Location: 1600 S PERRY RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- ARBOR CREEK MIDDLE (Students: 748; Location: 2109 ARBOR CREEK DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY (Students: 694; Location: 1805 PEARL ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- HEBRON VALLEY ELEM (Students: 692; Location: 4108 CREEK VALLEY BLVD; Grades: PK - 05)
- MCLAUGHLIN EL (Students: 674; Location: 1500 WEBB CHAPEL RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- HOMESTEAD ELEMENTARY (Students: 606; Location: 1830 E BRANCH HOLLOW; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Carrollton:
- PRINCE OF PEACE CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 648; Location: 4000 MIDWAY RD; Grades: PK - 8)
- ROSEMEADE BAPT CHRISTIAN SCHOO (Students: 285; Location: 1225 ROSEMEADE PARKWAY; Grades: PK - 5)
- FIRST BAPTIST CARROLLTON WEEKD (Students: 269; Location: 2400 N JOSEY LANE; Grades: PK - KG)
- HEBRON PARKWAY CHRISTIAN SCHOO (Students: 132; Location: 2020 HEBRON PARKWAY; Grades: PK - KG)
- CARROLLTON MONTESSORI MIDWAY (Students: 96; Location: 3225 BELMEADE DRIVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- A CHILDS GARDEN MONTESSORI SCH (Students: 92; Location: 1935 OLD DENTON ROAD; Grades: PK - 4)
Library in Carrollton:
- CARROLLTON PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $3,655,240; Location: 4220 N JOSEY LN; 245,786 books; 11,201 audio materials; 14,649 video materials; 721 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Carrollton: Elm Fork Filtration Plant (A), A W Perry Homestead Museum (B).
Shopping Center: Furneaux Creek Village Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Carrollton include: Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana Church (A), Redeemer Covenant Church (B), Christian Life Assembly of God Church (C), Church of Christ Hebron Parkway (D), Saint John Baptist Church (E), First Baptist Church (F), First Church of the Nazarene (G), Belaire Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Cemetery Hill (1), Thomas Park (2), Perry Cemetery (3), Hilltop Memorial Park (4).
Lakes and reservoirs: Sandy Lake (A), Columbian Club Lake (B), Colonial House Lake (C), Underwood Lake (D).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Perry Branch (A), Furneaux Creek (B), Dudley Branch (C), Indian Creek (D), Midway Branch (E).
Parks in Carrollton include: American Indoor Sports Facility (1), Hebron High School Softball Stadium (2), Hebron High School Football Stadium (3), Hebron High School Baseball Field (4), R J McInnish Park (5), Thomas Park (6), Standridge Stadium (7), Josey Ranch Athletic Complex (8), Valley Mill Park (9).
Carrollton compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Carrollton:
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KTCK (1310 AM; 9 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KLIF (570 AM; 5 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KLIF LICO, INC.)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KAAM (770 AM; 10 kW; GARLAND, TX; Owner: DONTRON, INC.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KTNO (1440 AM; 12 kW; DENTON, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KNAX (1630 AM; 10 kW; FT. WORTH, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Carrollton:
- KPLX (99.5 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KPLX LICO, INC.)
- KLUV-FM (98.7 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF DALLAS)
- WRR (101.1 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CITY OF DALLAS, TEXAS)
- K213BP (90.5 FM; IRVING, TX; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KLLI (105.3 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF DALLAS)
- KZPS (92.5 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KHKS (106.1 FM; DENTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KVIL-FM (103.7 FM; HIGHLAND PARK-DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TEXAS)
- KKDA-FM (104.5 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: SERVICE BROADCASTING I, LTD.)
- KOAI (107.5 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: INFINITY KOAI-FM, INC.)
- KEGL (97.1 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBFB (97.9 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KSCS (96.3 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KLNO (94.1 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KRBV (100.3 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF FORT WORTH)
- KCBI (90.9 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CRISWELL CENTER FOR BIBLICAL STUDIES)
- KDGE (102.1 FM; FORT WORTH-DALLAS, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDMX (102.9 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KESN (103.3 FM; ALLEN, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KERA (90.1 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Carrollton:
- KLDT (Channel 55; LAKE DALLAS, TX; Owner: JOHNSON BROADCASTING OF DALLAS, INC.)
- KLEG-LP (Channel 44; DALLAS, TX; Owner: DILIP VISWANATH)
- KTVT (Channel 11; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: CBS STATIONS GROUP OF TEXAS L.P.)
- KXAS-TV (Channel 5; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: STATION VENTURE OPERATIONS, LP)
- KDTN (Channel 2; DENTON, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KSTR-TV (Channel 49; IRVING, TX; Owner: TELEFUTURA DALLAS LLC)
- KTXA (Channel 21; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: VIACOM TELEVISION STATIONS GROUP OF DALLAS/FORT WORTH L.P.)
- KMPX (Channel 29; DECATUR, TX; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KUVN (Channel 23; GARLAND, TX; Owner: KUVN LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, L.P.)
- KPXD (Channel 68; ARLINGTON, TX; Owner: PAXSON DALLAS LICENSE, INC.)
- WFAA-TV (Channel 8; DALLAS, TX; Owner: WFAA-TV, L.P.)
- KERA-TV (Channel 13; DALLAS, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXTX-TV (Channel 39; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TELEMUNDO OF TEXAS PARTNERSHIP, LP)
- KDTX-TV (Channel 58; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF TEXAS, INC.)
- KDFW (Channel 4; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KDFW LICENSE, INC.)
- KDAF (Channel 33; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- KDFI (Channel 27; DALLAS, TX; Owner: NEW DMIC, INC.)
- KJJM-LP (Channel 46; DALLAS/MESQUITE, TX; Owner: JANE McGINNIS)
- K26HF (Channel 26; BRITTON, TX; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KHPK-LP (Channel 28; DE SOTO, TX; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K25FW (Channel 25; CORSICANA, TX; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- KATA-LP (Channel 60; MESQUITE, TX; Owner: JANE McGINNIS)
- KFWD (Channel 52; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: HIC BROADCAST, INC.)
- KVFW-LP (Channel 65; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: GERALD BENAVIDES)
- KTAQ (Channel 47; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: MIKE SIMONS)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.