Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,190. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,224 (+0.5% change)
Males: 3,429 (47.7%), Females: 3,761 (52.3%)
Median resident age: 29.3 years
Median household income: $15,400 (year 2000)
Median house value: $27,800 (year 2000)
Crystal City, TX residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Crystal City:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (95.0%)
- Other race (28.3%)
- White Non-Hispanic (4.1%)
- Two or more races (2.5%)
- Black (0.7%)
Ancestries: United States (1.2%).City, Texas forum
Land area: 3.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Crystal City
- High school or higher: 43.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 19.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 14.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Crystal City city
- Never married: 25.1%
- Now married: 54.6%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 8.8%
12.0% Foreign born (11.8% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -1,153 (-13.8%).
| Ads by Google |
to Houston, Texas? - on Sugar Land, Missouri City, Katy and Other Communities. + MLS />
at Mystic Shores - premium lots & acreage in this hilltop community on Canyon Lake />
Antonio Real Estate - access, custom home search, new listing emailed daily, San Antonio. />
Real Estate - on MLS $595. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Cash back when you buy />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: TX Laredo, (83.5 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Antonio, TX San (104.8 miles pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Colonias, TX (2.0 miles Las Vista-River Spur, TX (2.2 miles Chula Springs, TX Carrizo (11.2 miles Hill, TX (12.5 miles Carrizo Brundage, TX (12.9 miles) , TX (17.0 miles Asherton, Pryor, TX (18.0 miles La Wells, TX (19.4 miles Big
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 28 buildings, average cost: $52,000
- 1997: 16 buildings, average cost: $30,300
- 1998: 16 buildings, average cost: $30,300
- 1999: 18 buildings, average cost: $30,300
- 2000: 4 buildings, average cost: $62,600
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $62,600
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $62,600
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $46,700
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $131,000
- 2005: 3 buildings, average cost: $148,500
Latitude: 28.68 N, Longitude: 99.83 W
Area code: 830
Crystal City, Texas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (35.8%), Manufacturing (13.0%).
Crime in Crystal City by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||2 ||1 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||27.8 ||13.9 ||13.9 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||0 ||5 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||13.9 ||0.0 ||69.5 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||2 ||2 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||27.8 ||27.8 ||13.9 ||0.0 |
|Assaults ||12 ||8 ||13 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||166.9 ||111.3 ||180.8 ||69.5 |
|Burglaries ||49 ||50 ||78 ||30 |
| per 100,000 ||681.5 ||695.4 ||1084.8 ||417.2 |
|Thefts ||105 ||88 ||129 ||140 |
| per 100,000 ||1460.4 ||1223.9 ||1794.2 ||1947.1 |
|Auto thefts ||9 ||6 ||6 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||125.2 ||83.4 ||83.4 ||125.2 |
| ||191.2 ||148.8 ||236.4 ||131.0 |
Average climate in Crystal City, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Crystal City-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Texas state average. It is 66% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/15/1973, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 43.0 miles away from the Crystal City city center killed 5 people and injured 12 people.
On 10/18/1956, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 0.6 miles away from the city center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Crystal City:
- DIMMIT COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; CARRIZO SPRINGS, TX)
- UVALDE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 40 miles; UVALDE, TX)
- COMMUNITY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 42 miles; DILLEY, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Crystal City:
- LAREDO INTL (about 84 miles; LAREDO, TX; ID: LRD)
- LACKLAND AFB (KELLY FLD ANNEX) (about 100 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; ID: SKF)
- SAN ANTONIO INTL (about 111 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; ID: SAT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Crystal City:
- CRYSTAL CITY MUNI (about 1 miles; CRYSTAL CITY, TX; ID: 20R)
- DIMMIT COUNTY (about 12 miles; CARRIZO SPRINGS, TX; ID: CZT)
- GARNER FIELD (about 37 miles; UVALDE, TX; ID: UVA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Crystal City:
- SOUTHWEST TEXAS JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 40 miles; UVALDE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,366)
- TEXAS A & M INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (about 82 miles; LAREDO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,107)
- LAREDO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 84 miles; LAREDO, TX; FT enrollment: 4,449)
- PALO ALTO COLLEGE (about 100 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 3,623)
- ST MARYS UNIVERSITY (about 103 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 3,588)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE-SAN ANTONIO (about 104 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,303)
- OUR LADY OF THE LAKE UNIVERSITY-SAN ANTONIO (about 104 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,312)
Public high school in Crystal City:
- CRYSTAL CITY H S (Students: 570; Location: 805 E CROCKETT ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Crystal City:
- FLY J H (Students: 489; Location: 805 E CROCKETT; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LORENZO DE ZAVALA EL (Students: 394; Location: 805 E CROCKETT; Grades: 01 - 03)
- DR TOMAS RIVERA EL (Students: 311; Location: 805 E CROCKETT; Grades: PK - KG)
- BENITO JUAREZ EL (Students: 307; Location: 805 E CROCKETT; Grades: 04 - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Crystal City:
- WINTERGARTEN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 105; Location: 301 W UVALDE; Grades: PK - 7)
Library in Crystal City:
- CRYSTAL CITY MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $53,854; Location: 101 E DIMMIT ST; 9,018 books; 82 audio materials; 200 video materials; 5 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Cross Plaza (A).
Churches in Crystal City include: Church of Christ (A), Mount Olive Baptist Church (B).
Cemeteries: Juarez Cemetery (1), Edgewood Cemetery (2).
Park in Crystal City: Oak Park (1).
Crystal City compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Crystal City:
- KKYX (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KBEN (1450 AM; 1 kW; CARRIZO SPRINGS, TX; Owner: SYLVIA MIJARES)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KVOZ (890 AM; 12 kW; DEL MAR HILLS, TX; Owner: CONSOLIDATED RADIO, INC.)
- WOAI (1200 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KENS (1160 AM; 25 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: KENS-TV, INC.)
- KCTA (1030 AM; 50 kW; CORPUS CHRISTI, TX; Owner: BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF THE SOUTHWEST)
- KSAH (720 AM; 10 kW; UNIVERSAL CITY, TX; Owner: KSAH LICENSING, INC.)
- KGBT (1530 AM; 50 kW; HARLINGEN, TX; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KDRY (1100 AM; 11 kW; ALAMO HEIGHTS, TX; Owner: KDRY RADIO, INC.)
- KTSA (550 AM; 5 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF SAN ANTONIO)
- KVOU (1400 AM; 1 kW; UVALDE, TX; Owner: EQUICOM, INC)
- KSLR (630 AM; 5 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF TEXAS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Crystal City:
- KHER (94.3 FM; CRYSTAL CITY, TX; Owner: SYLVIA MIJARES)
- KCZO (92.1 FM; CARRIZO SPRINGS, TX; Owner: PAULINO BERNAL EVANGELISM)
- KBNU (93.9 FM; UVALDE, TX; Owner: RADIO CACTUS, LTD.)
TV broadcast stations around Crystal City:
- KVAW (Channel 16; EAGLE PASS, TX; Owner: HISPANIC TELEVISION NETWORK, INC., DEBTOR IN POSSESSION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.