Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,911. Estimated population in July 2005: 10,432 (+17.1% change)
Males: 3,999 (44.9%), Females: 4,912 (55.1%)
Median resident age: 47.2 years
Median household income: $32,276 (year 2000)
Median house value: $91,300 (year 2000)
Fredericksburg, TX residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Fredericksburg:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (81.7%)
- Hispanic (17.0%)
- Other race (5.1%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (36.6%), English (10.8%), United States (7.3%), Irish (7.2%), Scotch-Irish (2.9%), French (2.9%).Texas
Elevation: 1702 feet
Land area: 6.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fredericksburg
- High school or higher: 79.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.1%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fredericksburg city
- Never married: 15.6%
- Now married: 59.2%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 14.2%
- Divorced: 9.8%
7.3% Foreign born (5.9% Latin America, 1.4% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,388 (+18.5%).
| Ads by Google |
and Sell at eBay - an eBay member and get great deals. Register now. It's free. />
Hill Country Cabins - definitive directory for resorts and lodges in Texas />
Estate Agent - info & links to Real Estate Agents and mls listings. />
on Yahoo - great rates and information See photos, reviews & what's nearby />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Antonio, TX San (62.0 miles pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: TX Stonewall, (14.7 miles TX (21.2 miles Comfort, TX Kerrville, (24.3 miles TX (25.6 miles Harper, TX Ingram, (28.6 miles City, TX Johnson (31.9 miles TX Blanco, (33.2 miles TX Boerne, (34.5 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 37 buildings, average cost: $109,100
- 1997: 38 buildings, average cost: $123,100
- 1998: 47 buildings, average cost: $118,300
- 1999: 76 buildings, average cost: $134,100
- 2000: 61 buildings, average cost: $140,500
- 2001: 86 buildings, average cost: $148,600
- 2002: 99 buildings, average cost: $150,400
- 2003: 81 buildings, average cost: $160,500
- 2004: 79 buildings, average cost: $154,800
- 2005: 80 buildings, average cost: $163,500
Latitude: 30.27 N, Longitude: 98.87 W
Area code: 830
Fredericksburg, Texas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.1%), Retail trade (16.6%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (13.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,252 (+25.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,643 (72.7%)
Crime in Fredericksburg by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||11.2 ||0.0 |
|Assaults ||1 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||11.2 ||22.4 ||11.2 |
|Burglaries ||19 ||37 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||213.2 ||415.2 ||213.2 |
|Thefts ||179 ||222 ||205 |
| per 100,000 ||2008.8 ||2491.3 ||2300.5 |
|Auto thefts ||4 ||8 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||44.9 ||89.8 ||112.2 |
| ||101.1 ||143.8 ||118.2 |
Average climate in Fredericksburg, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fredericksburg-area historical tornado activity is below Texas state average. It is 2% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/11/1999, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 27.5 miles away from the Fredericksburg city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused $750,000 in damages.
On 10/12/2001, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.0 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Fredericksburg:
- HILL COUNTRY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL INC (1020 KERRVILLE HIGHWAY PO BOX 835)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Fredericksburg:
- KERRVILLE STATE HOSP (about 26 miles; KERRVILLE, TX)
- SID PETERSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 26 miles; KERRVILLE, TX)
- LLANO MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM (about 34 miles; LLANO, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fredericksburg:
- SAN ANTONIO INTL (about 59 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; ID: SAT)
- LACKLAND AFB (KELLY FLD ANNEX) (about 65 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; ID: SKF)
- AUSTIN-BERGSTROM INTL (about 84 miles; AUSTIN, TX; ID: AUS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fredericksburg:
- GILLESPIE COUNTY (about 4 miles; FREDERICKSBURG, TX; ID: T82)
- KERRVILLE MUNI/LOUIS SCHREINER FIELD (about 26 miles; KERRVILLE, TX; ID: ERV)
- MASON COUNTY (about 38 miles; MASON, TX; ID: T92)
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fredericksburg:
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT SAN ANTONIO (about 52 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Full-time enrollment: 14,495)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE-SAN ANTONIO (about 58 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,303)
- ST MARYS UNIVERSITY (about 60 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 3,588)
- UNIVERSITY OF THE INCARNATE WORD (about 62 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,734)
- SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE (about 62 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 11,226)
- TRINITY UNIVERSITY (about 62 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,474)
- OUR LADY OF THE LAKE UNIVERSITY-SAN ANTONIO (about 64 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; FT enrollment: 2,312)
Public high schools in Fredericksburg:
- FREDERICKSBURG H S (Students: 989; Location: 1107 HWY 16 S; Grades: 09 - 12)
- ALTER SCH (Students: 8; Location: 1110 S ADAMS; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Fredericksburg:
- FREDERICKSBURG EL (Students: 869; Location: 1608 N ADAMS; Grades: 01 - 05)
- FREDERICKSBURG MIDDLE (Students: 623; Location: 110 W TRAVIS ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- FREDERICKSBURG PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 268; Location: 1110 S ADAMS ST; Grades: PK - KG)
Private primary/middle schools in Fredericksburg:
- ST MARY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 365; Location: 202 SOUTH ORANGE; Grades: PK - 8)
- THE HERITAGE FAMILY SCHOOL (Students: 85; Location: PO BOX 1217; Grades: KG - 11)
- KINDERNEST MONTESSORI SCHOOL O (Students: 63; Location: 113 EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- FREDERICKSBURG CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 31; Location: 1208 NORTH MILAM STREET; Grades: KG - 11)
Library in Fredericksburg:
- PIONEER MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $240,477; Location: 115 W MAIN ST; 43,839 books; 2,834 audio materials; 448 video materials; 74 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Fredericksburg: Fredericksburg Historic District (A), Fort Martin Scott Historic Site (B), Fredericksburg Memorial Library (C), Gillespie County Courthouse (D), Gillespie County Historical Society (E).
Churches in Fredericksburg include: Saint Barnabas Episcopal Church (A), Church of Christ (B), Saint Marys Catholic Church (C), Saint Marys Catholic Church Youth Ministry (D), First Baptist Church (E), First Baptist Spanish Church (F), Seventh Day Adventist Church (G), Zion Lutheran Church (H).
Reservoir: Lady Bird Johnson Park Reservoir (A).
Creeks: Winfried Creek (A), Stink Creek (B), Town Creek (C).
Parks in Fredericksburg include: Oak Crest Park (1), Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park (2).
Fredericksburg compared to Texas state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fredericksburg:
- KNAF (910 AM; 1 kW; FREDERICKSBURG, TX; Owner: FRITZ BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KKYX (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KENS (1160 AM; 25 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: KENS-TV, INC.)
- WOAI (1200 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KDRY (1100 AM; 11 kW; ALAMO HEIGHTS, TX; Owner: KDRY RADIO, INC.)
- KSAH (720 AM; 10 kW; UNIVERSAL CITY, TX; Owner: KSAH LICENSING, INC.)
- KTSA (550 AM; 5 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF SAN ANTONIO)
- KSLR (630 AM; 5 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF TEXAS, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KLUP (930 AM; 5 kW; TERRELL HILLS, TX; Owner: SOUTH TEXAS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KONO (860 AM; 5 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KCOR (1350 AM; 5 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fredericksburg:
- KFAN-FM (107.9 FM; JOHNSON CITY, TX; Owner: FRITZ BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KCOR-FM (95.1 FM; COMFORT, TX; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KXXM (96.1 FM; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KCYY (100.3 FM; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KKER (88.7 FM; KERRVILLE, TX; Owner: HOUSTON CHRISTIAN BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KRNH (92.3 FM; KERRVILLE, TX; Owner: RADIO RANCH, LTD.)
- KRVL (94.3 FM; KERRVILLE, TX; Owner: BARBWIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KTXI (90.1 FM; INGRAM, TX; Owner: TEXAS PUBLIC RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Fredericksburg:
- KHPF-CA (Channel 44; FREDERICKSBURG, TX; Owner: KXAN, INC.)
- KBEJ (Channel 2; FREDERICKSBURG, TX; Owner: CORRIDOR TELEVISION, L.L.P.)
- KRRT (Channel 35; KERRVILLE, TX; Owner: SAN ANTONIO (KRRT-TV) LICENSEE, INC.)
- KWTC-LP (Channel 11; KERRVILLE, TX; Owner: INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KXAM-TV (Channel 14; LLANO, TX; Owner: KXAN, INC)
- KPXL (Channel 26; UVALDE, TX; Owner: PAXSON SAN ANTONIO LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.