Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 91,802. Estimated population in July 2005: 99,187 (+8.0% change)
Males: 45,347 (49.4%), Females: 46,455 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 35.8 years
Median household income: $62,392 (year 2000)
Median house value: $131,400 (year 2000)
Richardson, TX residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Richardson:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (69.6%)
- Hispanic (10.3%)
- Black (6.2%)
- Chinese (3.8%)
- Other race (3.7%)
- Asian Indian (2.7%)
- Two or more races (2.6%)
- Vietnamese (1.9%)
- Other Asian (1.4%)
- Korean (1.2%)
- American Indian (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (14.1%), English (12.5%), Irish (10.2%), United States (7.6%), Scotch-Irish (3.2%), French (3.1%).Texas forum
Land area: 28.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Richardson
- High school or higher: 91.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 47.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.2%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Richardson city
- Never married: 23.8%
- Now married: 61.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 4.7%
- Divorced: 8.9%
18.8% Foreign born (10.2% Asia, 5.5% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +16,795 (+22.4%).
| Ads by Google |
TX Real Estate - information, schools, buying a home and relocation resources />
Apts Free Rent - months Free Rent on area apts Free expert help and moving guide. />
Texas - Low Rates For Richardson Texas and Save. />
Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: TX Plano, (6.2 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Dallas, (12.5 miles pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: TX Plano, (6.2 miles TX (6.8 miles Garland, TX (8.1 miles Murphy, TX Addison, (8.2 miles TX (8.9 miles Sachse, TX (9.1 miles Parker, Park, TX (9.6 miles University TX Allen, (10.0 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 462 buildings, average cost: $158,200
- 1998: 508 buildings, average cost: $186,300
- 1999: 486 buildings, average cost: $227,800
- 2000: 504 buildings, average cost: $238,300
- 2001: 379 buildings, average cost: $212,300
- 2002: 202 buildings, average cost: $316,600
- 2003: 175 buildings, average cost: $332,700
- 2004: 107 buildings, average cost: $233,600
- 2005: 125 buildings, average cost: $263,500
Latitude: 32.97 N, Longitude: 96.72 W
Richardson, Texas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (16.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.2%), Manufacturing (13.8%), Retail trade (12.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +32,716 (+35.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 14,102 (28.8%)
Crime in Richardson by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||6 ||1 ||2 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||6.5 ||1.1 ||2.2 ||0.0 ||1.1 |
|Rapes ||12 ||13 ||19 ||15 ||16 |
| per 100,000 ||13.1 ||14.2 ||20.7 ||16.3 ||17.4 |
|Robberies ||76 ||103 ||104 ||97 ||101 |
| per 100,000 ||82.8 ||112.2 ||113.3 ||105.7 ||110.0 |
|Assaults ||173 ||163 ||128 ||170 ||123 |
| per 100,000 ||188.4 ||177.6 ||139.4 ||185.2 ||134.0 |
|Burglaries ||703 ||779 ||746 ||716 ||698 |
| per 100,000 ||765.8 ||848.6 ||812.6 ||779.9 ||760.3 |
|Thefts ||2,453 ||2,524 ||2,502 ||2,487 ||2,593 |
| per 100,000 ||2672.1 ||2749.4 ||2725.4 ||2709.1 ||2824.6 |
|Auto thefts ||221 ||293 ||419 ||327 ||328 |
| per 100,000 ||240.7 ||319.2 ||456.4 ||356.2 ||357.3 |
| ||254.0 ||270.8 ||274.7 ||266.7 ||262.7 |
Average climate in Richardson, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Richardson-area historical tornado activity is above Texas state average. It is 219% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/25/1994, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.7 miles away from the Richardson city center killed 3 people and injured 48 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 5/26/1976, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 5.4 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Anthony Dill - College basketball player (Texas State Bobcats), Rodrick Epps - College basketball player (Texas Arlington Mavericks).
Main business address for: KANEB PIPE LINE OPERATING PARTNERSHIP LP (PIPE LINES (NO NATURAL GAS)), Reef Global Energy IV, L.P. (CRUDE PETROLEUM & NATURAL GAS), KANEB PIPE LINE PARTNERS L P (WHOLESALE-PETROLEUM BULK STATIONS & TERMINALS), LENNOX INTERNATIONAL INC (AIR COND & WARM AIR HEATING EQUIP & COMM & INDL REFRIG EQUIP), Reef Global Energy V, L.P. (CRUDE PETROLEUM & NATURAL GAS), Remote Dynamics Inc (RADIO TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS), KANEB SERVICES LLC (WHOLESALE-PETROLEUM & PETROLEUM PRODUCTS (NO BULK STATIONS)), INET TECHNOLOGIES INC (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE) and 8 other public companies.
Hospital/medical center in Richardson:
- BAYLOR/RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER (401 W CAMPBELL RD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Richardson:
- LEAVES,THE (about 2 miles; BUCKINGHAM, TX)
- HEALTHSOUTH PLANO REHABILITATION HOSP (about 5 miles; PLANO, TX)
- IHS HOSPITAL AT PLANO (about 5 miles; PLANO, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Richardson:
- DALLAS LOVE FIELD (about 13 miles; DALLAS, TX; ID: DAL)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 23 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; ID: DFW)
- FORT WORTH ALLIANCE (about 42 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; ID: AFW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Richardson:
- GARLAND/DFW HELOPLEX (about 7 miles; GARLAND, TX; ID: T57)
- ADDISON (about 9 miles; DALLAS, TX; ID: ADS)
- AIR PARK-DALLAS (about 9 miles; DALLAS, TX; ID: F69)
Amtrak station near Richardson:
- 15 miles: DALLAS (400 S. HOUSTON ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Richardson:
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS (Full-time enrollment: 7,695; Location: 2601 N FLOYD RD; Public; Website: www.utdallas.edu; Offers Doctor's degree)
- ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (FT enrollment: 494; Location: 2101 WATERVIEW PKY; Private, for-profit; Website: www.itt-tech.edu)
- PROFESSIONAL CAREER COLLEGE (FT enrollment: 258; Location: 1401 N CENTRAL EXPY; Private, for-profit; Website: www.pccdallas.com)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Richardson:
- RICHLAND COLLEGE (about 4 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,352)
- BROOKHAVEN COLLEGE (about 9 miles; FARMERS BRANCH, TX; FT enrollment: 4,711)
- EASTFIELD COLLEGE (about 12 miles; MESQUITE, TX; FT enrollment: 4,457)
- EL CENTRO COLLEGE (about 15 miles; DALLAS, TX; FT enrollment: 2,359)
- SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; DALLAS, TX; FT enrollment: 8,231)
- COLLIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-CENTRAL PARK (about 18 miles; MCKINNEY, TX; FT enrollment: 7,514)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 19 miles; IRVING, TX; FT enrollment: 2,651)
Public high schools in Richardson:
- BERKNER H S (Students: 2,179; Location: 1600 E SPRING VLY RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- RICHARDSON H S (Students: 1,514; Location: 1250 W BELT LINE RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PEARCE H S (Students: 1,502; Location: 1600 N COIT RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- EVOLUTION ACADEMY CHARTER SCHOOL (Students: 274; Location: 1100 BUSINESS PKWY; Grades: 09 - 12)
- DISTRICT H S MAGNET (Location: 1250 BELT LINE RD; Grades: 10 - 12)
Private high schools in Richardson:
- CANYON CREEK CHRISTIAN ACAD (Students: 762; Location: 2800 CUSTER PARKWAY; Grades: PK - 12)
- THE ALEXANDER SCHOOL (Students: 41; Location: 409 INTERNATIONAL PARKWAY'; Grades: 8 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Richardson:
- APOLLO J H (Students: 963; Location: 1600 APOLLO RD; Grades: 07 - 09)
- RICHARDSON NORTH J H (Students: 865; Location: 1820 N FLOYD RD; Grades: 07 - 09)
- RICHARDSON WEST J H (Students: 830; Location: 1309 HOLLY DR; Grades: 07 - 09)
- MILLER EL (Students: 780; Location: 5651 COVENTRY; Grades: KG - 05)
- STINSON ELEMENTARY (Students: 698; Location: 4201 GREENFIELD; Grades: PK - 05)
- RICHARDSON TERRACE EL (Students: 592; Location: 300 N DOROTHY AVE; Grades: PK - 06)
- RICHARDSON J H (Students: 584; Location: 450 ABRAMS RD; Grades: 07 - 09)
- ALDRIDGE EL (Students: 577; Location: 720 PLEASANT VLY LN; Grades: PK - 05)
- RICHLAND EL (Students: 556; Location: 550 PARK BEND; Grades: PK - 06)
- YALE EL (Students: 534; Location: 1900 E COLLINS BLVD; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Richardson:
- ST PAUL THE APOSTLE SCHOOL (Students: 461; Location: 720 SOUTH FLOYD ROAD; Grades: KG - 8)
- FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHUR (Students: 140; Location: 534 W BELT LINE RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- RICHARDSON ADVENTIST SCHOOL (Students: 117; Location: 1201 WEST BELTLINE; Grades: KG - 10)
- RAINBOW CONNECTION PRESCOOL (Students: 108; Location: 1651 E. CAMPBELL; Grades: PK - KG)
- MESSIAH LUTHERAN LAMBS ELD (Students: 83; Location: 1245 W BELTLINE ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- HIGHLAND ACADAMY (Students: 60; Location: 1231 WEST BELTLINE RD; Grades: KG - 8)
- DALLAS NORTH MONTESSORI (Students: 45; Location: 1149 ROCKINGHAM ST; Grades: PK - 3)
Library in Richardson:
- RICHARDSON PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,606,010; Location: 900 CIVIC CENTER DR; 203,000 books; 8,142 audio materials; 5,995 video materials; 698 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: West Plano Substation (A).
Shopping Center: Richardson Square Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Richardson include: Heights Baptist Church (A), Richardson East Baptist Church (B), Richland Bible Fellowship Church (C), Chinese Catholic Church (D), Christians at Richardson East Church (E), Asian American Baptist Church (F), Church of Christ Waterview Richardson (G), Saint Francis of Assisi Anglican Church (H).
Cemeteries: Routh Cemetery (1), Blewett Cemetery (2).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beck Branch (A), Cottonwood Creek (B), Pittman Creek (C).
Parks in Richardson include: Heights Park (1), Lookout Park (2), Richland Park (3), Greenville Avenue Stadium (4), Canyon Creek Park (5), Custer Park (6), Berkner Park (7), Dallas Soccer Complex - University of Texas (8), Prairie Creek Park (9).
Richardson compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Richardson:
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KAAM (770 AM; 10 kW; GARLAND, TX; Owner: DONTRON, INC.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KGGR (1040 AM; daytime; 5 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: MORTENSON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTCK (1310 AM; 9 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KRBE LICO, INC.)
- KLIF (570 AM; 5 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KLIF LICO, INC.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KMKI (620 AM; 5 kW; PLANO, TX; Owner: ABC, INC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Richardson:
- WRR (101.1 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CITY OF DALLAS, TEXAS)
- KLUV-FM (98.7 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF DALLAS)
- KPLX (99.5 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KPLX LICO, INC.)
- KLLI (105.3 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF DALLAS)
- KEGL (97.1 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KOAI (107.5 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: INFINITY KOAI-FM, INC.)
- KVIL-FM (103.7 FM; HIGHLAND PARK-DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF TEXAS)
- KHKS (106.1 FM; DENTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KZPS (92.5 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KRBV (100.3 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF FORT WORTH)
- KKDA-FM (104.5 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: SERVICE BROADCASTING I, LTD.)
- KBFB (97.9 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- KSCS (96.3 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KLNO (94.1 FM; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KEOM (88.5 FM; MESQUITE, TX; Owner: MESQUITE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- KCBI (90.9 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CRISWELL CENTER FOR BIBLICAL STUDIES)
- KDGE (102.1 FM; FORT WORTH-DALLAS, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KDMX (102.9 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KERA (90.1 FM; DALLAS, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KESN (103.3 FM; ALLEN, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
TV broadcast stations around Richardson:
- KLEG-LP (Channel 44; DALLAS, TX; Owner: DILIP VISWANATH)
- KLDT (Channel 55; LAKE DALLAS, TX; Owner: JOHNSON BROADCASTING OF DALLAS, INC.)
- KJJM-LP (Channel 46; DALLAS/MESQUITE, TX; Owner: JANE McGINNIS)
- KTVT (Channel 11; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: CBS STATIONS GROUP OF TEXAS L.P.)
- KXAS-TV (Channel 5; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: STATION VENTURE OPERATIONS, LP)
- KDTN (Channel 2; DENTON, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMPX (Channel 29; DECATUR, TX; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KTXA (Channel 21; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: VIACOM TELEVISION STATIONS GROUP OF DALLAS/FORT WORTH L.P.)
- KUVN (Channel 23; GARLAND, TX; Owner: KUVN LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, L.P.)
- KSTR-TV (Channel 49; IRVING, TX; Owner: TELEFUTURA DALLAS LLC)
- KPXD (Channel 68; ARLINGTON, TX; Owner: PAXSON DALLAS LICENSE, INC.)
- KERA-TV (Channel 13; DALLAS, TX; Owner: NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFAA-TV (Channel 8; DALLAS, TX; Owner: WFAA-TV, L.P.)
- KXTX-TV (Channel 39; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TELEMUNDO OF TEXAS PARTNERSHIP, LP)
- KDTX-TV (Channel 58; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF TEXAS, INC.)
- KDAF (Channel 33; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TRIBUNE TELEVISION COMPANY)
- KDFW (Channel 4; DALLAS, TX; Owner: KDFW LICENSE, INC.)
- KDFI (Channel 27; DALLAS, TX; Owner: NEW DMIC, INC.)
- K26HF (Channel 26; BRITTON, TX; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KHPK-LP (Channel 28; DE SOTO, TX; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTAQ (Channel 47; GREENVILLE, TX; Owner: MIKE SIMONS)
- K25FW (Channel 25; CORSICANA, TX; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- KATA-LP (Channel 60; MESQUITE, TX; Owner: JANE McGINNIS)
- KFWD (Channel 52; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: HIC BROADCAST, INC.)
- KVFW-LP (Channel 65; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: GERALD BENAVIDES)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.