Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 34,782. Estimated population in July 2005: 35,746 (+2.8% change)
Males: 16,380 (47.1%), Females: 18,402 (52.9%)
Median resident age: 35.7 years
Median household income: $29,727 (year 2000)
Median house value: $65,800 (year 2000)
Texarkana, TX residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Texarkana:
- White Non-Hispanic (58.1%)
- Black (37.0%)
- Hispanic (2.9%)
- Other race (1.4%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: United States (10.0%), Irish (7.9%), English (6.4%), German (6.1%), Scotch-Irish (2.2%), French (2.0%).Texas forum
Land area: 25.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Texarkana
- High school or higher: 79.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.8%
- Unemployed: 9.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Texarkana city
- Never married: 26.9%
- Now married: 47.6%
- Separated: 3.8%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 12.2%
1.9% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +1,131 (+3.4%).
| Ads by Google |
at Mystic Shores - premium lots & acreage in this hilltop community on Canyon Lake />
Angelo La Quinta - Great Deals for La Quinta Inn. Make Your Reservation Online Now! />
Antonio Real Estate - access, custom home search, new listing emailed daily, San Antonio. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: City, LA Bossier (68.6 miles www.LaQuinta.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: LA Shreveport, (70.1 miles pop. 200,145).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Dallas, (192.0 miles pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Village, TX (3.1 miles Wake AR Texarkana, (3.2 miles TX (4.0 miles Nash, Lick, TX (7.4 miles Red AR (10.4 miles Ogden, TX (10.8 miles Leary, Domino, TX (13.2 miles) , TX (13.9 miles Redwater,
Latitude: 33.44 N, Longitude: 94.07 W
Area code: 903
Texarkana, Texas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (26.6%), Retail trade (14.6%), Manufacturing (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +14,681 (+42.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 8,974 (67.2%)
Crime in Texarkana by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||1 ||3 ||2 ||5 ||6 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||2.9 ||8.6 ||5.8 ||14.4 ||17.3 ||5.8 |
|Rapes ||22 ||25 ||25 ||31 ||27 ||29 |
| per 100,000 ||63.3 ||71.9 ||71.9 ||89.1 ||77.6 ||83.4 |
|Robberies ||36 ||60 ||65 ||97 ||68 ||76 |
| per 100,000 ||103.5 ||172.5 ||186.9 ||278.9 ||195.5 ||218.5 |
|Assaults ||216 ||228 ||299 ||228 ||308 ||340 |
| per 100,000 ||621.0 ||655.5 ||859.6 ||655.5 ||885.5 ||977.5 |
|Burglaries ||467 ||461 ||517 ||602 ||645 ||557 |
| per 100,000 ||1342.6 ||1325.4 ||1486.4 ||1730.8 ||1854.4 ||1601.4 |
|Thefts ||1,418 ||1,662 ||1,991 ||1,863 ||2,135 ||2,001 |
| per 100,000 ||4076.8 ||4778.3 ||5724.2 ||5356.2 ||6138.2 ||5753.0 |
|Auto thefts ||89 ||109 ||127 ||157 ||213 ||145 |
| per 100,000 ||255.9 ||313.4 ||365.1 ||451.4 ||612.4 ||416.9 |
| ||461.0 ||529.2 ||624.7 ||636.3 ||708.4 ||675.7 |
Average climate in Texarkana, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Texarkana-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 142% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/12/1971, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 23.3 miles away from the Texarkana city center killed one person and injured 5 people.
On 11/1/1977, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 12.8 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Ross Perot, Brandon Jones - 2005 NFL player (Tennessee Titans, born: Oct 6, 1982), Craig Monroe - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Detroit Tigers, born: Feb 27, 1977), Jeremiah Trotter - 2005 NFL player (Philadelphia Eagles, born: Jan 20, 1977), Wilbert Brown - 2005 NFL player (New England Patriots, born: May 9, 1977), Ryan Brown - College basketball player (Colorado State Rams).
Hospitals/medical centers in Texarkana:
- CHRISTUS ST MICHAEL HEALTH CARE CENTER (2600 ST MICHAEL DR)
- CHRISTUS ST MICHAEL REHAB HOSPITAL (2400 ST MICHAEL DRIVE)
- DUBUIS HOSPITAL OF TEXARKANA (2600 ST MICHAEL DRIVE)
- HEALTHSOUTH REHAB HOSP OF TEXARKANA (515 WEST 12TH STREET)
- WADLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (1000 PINE STREET)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Texarkana:
- TEXARKANA REGIONAL-WEBB FIELD (about 6 miles; TEXARKANA, AR; ID: TXK)
- BARKSDALE AFB (about 71 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; ID: BAD)
- SHREVEPORT REGIONAL (about 72 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; ID: SHV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Texarkana:
- HALL-MILLER MUNI (about 25 miles; ATLANTA, TX; ID: ATA)
- IDA'S (about 33 miles; IDA, LA; ID: L87)
- HOPE MUNI (about 35 miles; HOPE, AR; ID: M18)
Amtrak station near Texarkana:
- 3 miles: TEXARKANA (100 E. FRONT ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2004)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Water Supply ||92 ||$237,542 ||$30,983 ||4 ||$1,904 |
|Sewerage ||83 ||$208,767 ||$30,183 ||0 ||$0 |Colleges/Universities in Texarkana:
- TEXARKANA COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 1,779; Location: 2500 N ROBISON RD; Public; Website: tc.cc.tx.us)
- TEXAS A & M UNIVERSITY-TEXARKANA (FT enrollment: 690; Location: 2600 N ROBINSON RD; Public; Website: www.tamut.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- CAREER ACADEMY INC (FT enrollment: 31; Location: 32 OAK LAWN VILLAGE; Private, for-profit)
- WADLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER-SCHOOL OF RAD TECHN (Location: BOX 1878; Private, not-for-profit)
- MARY LYNNES BEAUTY SCHOOL (Location: 324 HICKORY; Private, for-profit)
- WADLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER SCHOOL OF MED TECH (Location: 1000 PINE ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.wadleyrmc.com)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Texarkana:
- SOUTHERN ARKANSAS UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS (about 62 miles; MAGNOLIA, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,646)
- BOSSIER PARISH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 66 miles; BOSSIER CITY, LA; FT enrollment: 2,743)
- HENDERSON STATE UNIVERSITY (about 75 miles; ARKADELPHIA, AR; FT enrollment: 3,109)
- LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY-SHREVEPORT (about 81 miles; SHREVEPORT, LA; FT enrollment: 3,059)
- KILGORE COLLEGE (about 92 miles; KILGORE, TX; FT enrollment: 2,814)
- TYLER JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 113 miles; TYLER, TX; FT enrollment: 5,872)
- GRAMBLING STATE UNIVERSITY (about 113 miles; GRAMBLING, LA; FT enrollment: 4,299)
Public high schools in Texarkana:
- TEXAS H S (Students: 1,430; Location: 2112 KENNEDY LN; Grades: 09 - 12)
- LIBERTY-EYLAU H S (Students: 657; Location: 2905 LEOPARD DR; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PLEASANT GROVE H S (Students: 621; Location: 5406 MCKNIGHT; Grades: 09 - 12)
- OPTIONS (Students: 98; Location: 4241 SUMMERHILL RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- ALTER SCH (Students: 85; Location: 2901 LEOPARD DR; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high school in Texarkana:
- N.A.I. CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 196; Location: 5801 SUMMERHILL RD; Grades: PK - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Texarkana:
- TEXAS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,272; Location: 2100 COLLEGE DR; Grades: 05 - 08)
- LIBERTY-EYLAU MIDDLE (Students: 802; Location: 5555 LEOPARD DR; Grades: 05 - 08)
- PLEASANT GROVE EL (Students: 700; Location: 6500 PLEASANT GROVE RD; Grades: PK - 04)
- PLEASANT GROVE MIDDLE (Students: 604; Location: 5605 COOKS LN; Grades: 05 - 08)
- LIBERTY-EYLAU C K BENDER ELEMENTAR (Students: 584; Location: 2300 BUCHANAN RD; Grades: 02 - 04)
- WESTLAWN EL (Students: 430; Location: 410 WESTLAWN DR; Grades: PK - 05)
- FIFTEENTH STREET EARLY LITERACY CE (Students: 406; Location: 2600 W 15TH ST; Grades: PK - 02)
- LIBERTY-EYLAU PRI (Students: 393; Location: 5492 HWY 59 S; Grades: KG - 01)
- HIGHLAND PARK EL (Students: 349; Location: 401 W 25TH ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- SPRING LAKE PARK ELEMENTARY (Students: 308; Location: 4324 GHIO FISH BLVD; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Texarkana:
- ST JAMES DAY SCHOOL (Students: 294; Location: 5501 N. STATELINE; Grades: PK - 6)
- LIBERTY EYLAU CHR (Students: 105; Location: 4903 EYLAU LOOP ROAD; Grades: PK - 3)
- FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH (Students: 100; Location: 3015 MOORES LANE; Grades: PK - KG)
- ABC KINDERGARTEN (Students: 18; Location: 3505 BEECHWOOD LANE; Grades: PK - KG)
- BETHEL S D A SCHOOL (Students: 8; Location: PO BOX 660; Grades: KG - 7)
Library in Texarkana:
- TEXARKANA PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $673,704; Location: 600 W 3RD ST; 84,369 books; 3,121 audio materials; 2,489 video materials; 152 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Texarkana: Wye Siding (A), Trigg Street Yard (B), Whitaker House (C), Saenger Theater (D), Rialto Building (E), Union Station (F), Tyrrell Historical Library (G), Hotel McCartney (H), The Discovery Place (I), Texarkana Regional Arts Museum (J), Texarkana Historical Museum (K), Museum of Regional History (L), Draughn-Moore House (M).
Churches in Texarkana include: Pleasant Grove Baptist Church (A), Pleasant Grove Church (B), Pleasant Oaks Baptist Church (C), Akin Church (D), Presbyterian Church of the Redeemer (E), Centre West Baptist Church (F), Red Springs Church (G), Charity Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Red Springs Cemetery (1), Holy Cross Cemetery (2), Rose Hill Cemetery (3), Wooten Spring Cemetery (4), Grandview Cemetery (5).
Reservoir: Wright Lake (A).
Creeks: Cowhorn Creek (A), Corral Creek (B), Swampoodle Creek (C), Nix Creek (D).
Parks in Texarkana include: Tiger Stadium at Grimm Memorial Park (1), Texas High School Baseball Field (2), Spring Lake Park (3), Lee Park (4), Ferguson Park (5).
Texarkana compared to Texas state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Texarkana:
- KKTK (1400 AM; 1 kW; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: PETRACOM OF TEXARKANA, L.L.C.)
- KTFS (940 AM; 3 kW; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: ARKLATEX, LLC)
- KCMC (740 AM; 1 kW; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: ARKLATEX, LLC)
- KOSY (790 AM; 1 kW; TEXARKANA, AR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KPYN (900 AM; 10 kW; ATLANTA, TX; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KNCB (1320 AM; 5 kW; VIVIAN, LA; Owner: NORTH CADDO BROADCASTING CO.)
- KNBO (1530 AM; daytime; 3 kW; NEW BOSTON, TX; Owner: BOWIE COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KWXI (670 AM; daytime; 5 kW; GLENWOOD, AR; Owner: PGR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Texarkana:
- KKYR-FM (102.5 FM; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFYX (107.1 FM; TEXARKANA, AR; Owner: ARKLATEX, LLC)
- KPWW (95.9 FM; HOOKS, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMJI (93.3 FM; ASHDOWN, AR; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KHTA (92.5 FM; WAKE VILLAGE, TX; Owner: HOUSTON CHRISTIAN BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KYGL (106.3 FM; TEXARKANA, AR; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- K224BZ (92.7 FM; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: BURNS & TAYLOR BROADCASTING)
- KTOY (104.7 FM; TEXARKANA, AR; Owner: JO-AL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K205DN (88.9 FM; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K244BE (96.7 FM; TEXARKANA, AR; Owner: J AND J BROADCASTING)
- KNRB (100.1 FM; ATLANTA, TX; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- KPGG (103.9 FM; ASHDOWN, AR; Owner: PETRACOM OF TEXARKANA, L.L.C.)
- KTXK (91.5 FM; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: TEXARKANA COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KTAL-FM (98.1 FM; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: ACCESS.1 COMMUNICATIONS - SHREVEPORT, LLC)
- KVMA-FM (107.9 FM; MAGNOLIA, AR; Owner: COLUMBIA BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KRMD-FM (101.1 FM; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KJMY (101.7 FM; HOPE, AR; Owner: ARKLATEX, INC.)
- KEWL-FM (95.1 FM; NEW BOSTON, TX; Owner: PETRACOM OF TEXARKANA, L.L.C.)
- KZRB (103.5 FM; NEW BOSTON, TX; Owner: B & H BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Texarkana:
- KLFI-LP (Channel 35; TEXARKANA, AR; Owner: BEECH STREET COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- K41EQ (Channel 41; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K30EA (Channel 30; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KTAL-TV (Channel 6; TEXARKANA, TX; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF LOUISIANA, LLC)
- KTBS-TV (Channel 3; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: KTBS, INC.)
- KSLA-TV (Channel 12; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: KSLA, LLC)
- KMSS-TV (Channel 33; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: COMCORP OF TEXAS LICENSE CORP.)
- KSHV (Channel 45; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: WHITE KNIGHT BROADCASTING OF SHREVEPORT LIC. CORP.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.