Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,733. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,689 (-0.5% change)
Males: 4,312 (49.4%), Females: 4,421 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 44.5 years
Median household income: $70,139 (year 2000)
Median house value: $132,700 (year 2000)
Woodway, TX residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Woodway:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.3%)
- Hispanic (3.8%)
- Black (2.2%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
Ancestries: English (20.2%), German (17.0%), Irish (14.8%), United States (9.4%), Scotch-Irish (4.4%), Scottish (4.2%).Texas forum
Land area: 6.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Woodway
- High school or higher: 97.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 51.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 21.2%
- Unemployed: 1.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Woodway city
- Never married: 15.2%
- Now married: 74.8%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 4.5%
2.4% Foreign born (1.3% Asia, 0.8% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +216 (+2.5%).
| Ads by Google |
- an available building or site in 30 seconds or less. />
buildings - business topics in leading business publications. />
- Waco hotels, maps, attractions & tours - Yahoo! Travel />
Hotels - prices from the top travel engines to find the lowest rate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: TX Waco, (5.7 miles travel.Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: TX Arlington, (83.4 miles pop. 332,969).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Dallas, (94.5 miles pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: TX Hewitt, (3.9 miles Hills, TX (4.9 miles Beverly TX Waco, (5.7 miles TX (7.5 miles Robinson, TX Lorena, (8.4 miles TX Bellmead, (10.9 miles TX (11.8 miles Lacy-Lakeview, TX (13.4 miles Golinda,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 26 buildings, average cost: $204,800
- 1997: 17 buildings, average cost: $218,200
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $279,100
- 1999: 16 buildings, average cost: $153,700
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $155,800
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $193,000
- 2002: 7 buildings, average cost: $231,000
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $140,600
- 2004: 12 buildings, average cost: $288,800
- 2005: 31 buildings, average cost: $352,200
Latitude: 31.50 N, Longitude: 97.22 W
Woodway, Texas business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (33.8%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (11.1%), Manufacturing (11.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,091 (-23.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 460 (10.8%)
Crime in Woodway by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||1 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||11.5 ||22.9 ||11.5 |
|Robberies ||0 ||1 ||0 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||11.5 ||0.0 ||22.9 |
|Assaults ||7 ||11 ||10 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||80.2 ||126.0 ||114.5 ||80.2 |
|Burglaries ||26 ||33 ||21 ||42 |
| per 100,000 ||297.7 ||377.9 ||240.5 ||480.9 |
|Thefts ||142 ||138 ||110 ||90 |
| per 100,000 ||1626.0 ||1580.2 ||1259.6 ||1030.6 |
|Auto thefts ||7 ||14 ||5 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||80.2 ||160.3 ||57.3 ||45.8 |
| ||108.3 ||135.7 ||103.9 ||106.0 |
Average climate in Woodway, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Woodway-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 140% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/11/1953, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 6.0 miles away from the Woodway city center killed 114 people and injured 597 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/6/1973, a category 5 tornado 17.9 miles away from the city center .
Hospitals/medical centers near Woodway:
- PROVIDENCE HEALTH CENTER (about 2 miles; WACO, TX)
- HILLCREST BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; WACO, TX)
- DE PAUL CENTER (about 7 miles; WACO, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Woodway:
- WACO REGIONAL (about 7 miles; WACO, TX; ID: ACT)
- DRAUGHON-MILLER CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL (about 28 miles; TEMPLE, TX; ID: TPL)
- KILLEEN MUNI (about 43 miles; KILLEEN, TX; ID: ILE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Woodway:
- MC GREGOR EXECUTIVE (about 6 miles; WACO, TX; ID: PWG)
- TSTC WACO (about 15 miles; WACO, TX; ID: CNW)
- WILDCAT CANYON (about 15 miles; CHINA SPRING, TX; ID: 3T8)
Amtrak station near Woodway:
- 14 miles: MCGREGOR (1 AMTRAK BLVD.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Woodway:
- MCLENNAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; WACO, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,658)
- BAYLOR UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; WACO, TX; FT enrollment: 13,183)
- TEXAS STATE TECHNICAL COLLEGE-WACO (about 12 miles; WACO, TX; FT enrollment: 3,218)
- TEMPLE COLLEGE (about 30 miles; TEMPLE, TX; FT enrollment: 2,054)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY HARDIN-BAYLOR (about 35 miles; BELTON, TX; FT enrollment: 2,257)
- CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE (about 49 miles; KILLEEN, TX; FT enrollment: 6,777)
- NAVARRO COLLEGE (about 67 miles; CORSICANA, TX; FT enrollment: 2,842)
Churches in Woodway include: Church of the Redeemer (A), Westwood Baptist Church (B), Woodway First Baptist Church (C).
Cemetery: Whitehall Cemetery (1).
Parks in Woodway include: Poage Park (1), Midway Little League Broughton Field (2).
Woodway compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Woodway:
- KRZX (1660 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KRZI (1580 AM; 10 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KBBW (1010 AM; 10 kW; WACO-MARLIN, TX; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING OF TEXAS)
- KWTX (1230 AM; 1 kW; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KESS (1270 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: KESS-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- KAHZ (1360 AM; 50 kW; HURST, TX)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KZMP (1540 AM; 50 kW; UNIVERSITY PARK, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSKY (660 AM; 20 kW; BALCH SPRINGS, TX; Owner: BISON MEDIA, INC.)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KBIS (1150 AM; 25 kW; HIGHLAND PARK, TX; Owner: DALLAS AM RADIO PARTNERS, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Woodway:
- KBCT (94.5 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: KENNELWOOD BCST/G COMPANY, INC.)
- WACO-FM (99.9 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KWBU-FM (103.3 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KWTX-FM (97.5 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KLRK (92.9 FM; MARLIN, TX; Owner: VAN D. GOODALL, JR.)
- KBGO (95.7 FM; WACO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBDE (89.9 FM; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KLTD (101.7 FM; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KNCT-FM (91.3 FM; KILLEEN, TX; Owner: CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE)
- KBRQ (102.5 FM; HILLSBORO, TX; Owner: CHASE RADIO PROPERTIES, L.L.C.)
- K221DF (92.1 FM; WACO, ETC., TX; Owner: JAKE E. KING AND JOHN S. LATOUR)
- KWOW (104.1 FM; CLIFTON, TX; Owner: M&M BROADCASTERS, LTD.)
TV broadcast stations around Woodway:
- KWBU-TV (Channel 34; WACO, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING FOUNDATION)
- KXXV (Channel 25; WACO, TX; Owner: CENTEX TELEVISION LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KCEN-TV (Channel 6; TEMPLE, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- KWKT (Channel 44; WACO, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF TEXAS LICENSE CORP.)
- KWTX-TV (Channel 10; WACO, TX; Owner: KWTX-KBTX LICENSEE CORP.)
- KNCT (Channel 46; BELTON, TX; Owner: CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE)
- KSEX-LP (Channel 57; DALLAS, TX; Owner: COMMERCIAL BROADCASTING CORP.)
- K38FN (Channel 38; WACO, TX; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.