Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 17,292. Estimated population in July 2005: 17,046 (-1.4% change)
Males: 8,183 (47.3%), Females: 9,109 (52.7%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 39.3 years
Median household income: $30,478 (year 2000)
Median house value: $89,300 (year 2000)
Rutland, VT residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Rutland:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.1%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (23.5%), French (18.0%), English (13.4%), Italian (12.6%), United States (7.0%), German (6.7%).
New! Vermont forum
Elevation: 648 feet
Land area: 7.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Rutland
- High school or higher: 82.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rutland city
- Never married: 29.0%
- Now married: 44.5%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 10.5%
- Divorced: 14.4%
2.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -591 (-3.3%).
Vermont Hotels - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Villa in Vermont - most beautiful estate in VT For sale now - must be seen! />
Hotel Guide - Hotels at Discount Prices Select, Reserve, and Save! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Colonie, (85.2 miles Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (157.1 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (211.0 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: VT Rutland, (0.0 miles VT (4.4 miles Mendon, Rutland, VT West (5.2 miles VT (5.6 miles Proctor, VT (6.3 miles Clarendon, VT (7.1 miles Chittenden, VT (7.8 miles Pittsford,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 5 buildings, average cost: $107,000
- 1997: 9 buildings, average cost: $122,800
- 1998: 11 buildings, average cost: $123,600
- 1999: 13 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2000: 14 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2001: 12 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2002: 13 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2003: 12 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2004: 17 buildings, average cost: $123,400
- 2005: 13 buildings, average cost: $154,800
Latitude: 43.61 N, Longitude: 72.97 W
Area code: 802
href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Introduction.html">Rutland: Introduction href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland.html">Rutland Basic Facts href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Communications.html">Rutland: Communications href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Convention-Facilities.html">Rutland: Convention Facilities href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Economy.html">Rutland: Economy href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Education-and-Research.html">Rutland: Education and Research href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Geography-and-Climate.html">Rutland: Geography and Climate href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Health-Care.html">Rutland: Health Care href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-History.html">Rutland: History href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Municipal-Government.html">Rutland: Municipal Government href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Population-Profile.html">Rutland: Population Profile href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Recreation.html">Rutland: Recreation href="/us-cities/The-Northeast/Rutland-Transportation.html">Rutland: Transportation
Rutland, Vermont business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.7%), Retail trade (15.6%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (14.2%), Manufacturing (12.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,804 (+33.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,395 (67.2%)
Crime in Rutland by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||9 ||4 ||6 ||3 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||52.0 ||23.1 ||34.7 ||17.3 ||17.3 |
|Robberies ||4 ||21 ||16 ||7 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||23.1 ||121.4 ||92.5 ||40.5 ||52.0 |
|Assaults ||20 ||30 ||27 ||26 ||12 |
| per 100,000 ||115.7 ||173.5 ||156.1 ||150.4 ||69.4 |
|Burglaries ||140 ||131 ||118 ||133 ||80 |
| per 100,000 ||809.6 ||757.6 ||682.4 ||769.1 ||462.6 |
|Thefts ||743 ||678 ||713 ||624 ||754 |
| per 100,000 ||4296.8 ||3920.9 ||4123.3 ||3608.6 ||4360.4 |
|Auto thefts ||23 ||26 ||37 ||27 ||21 |
| per 100,000 ||133.0 ||150.4 ||214.0 ||156.1 ||121.4 |
| ||290.1 ||302.3 ||302.7 ||259.8 ||252.9 |
Average climate in Rutland, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Rutland-area historical tornado activity is near Vermont state average. It is 68% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/20/1968, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 37.1 miles away from the Rutland city center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category 3 tornado 49.0 miles away from the city center injured 68 people and caused $71 million in damages.
Main business address for: CASELLA WASTE SYSTEMS INC (REFUSE SYSTEMS), CENTRAL VERMONT PUBLIC SERVICE CORP (ELECTRIC SERVICES).
Hospital/medical center in Rutland:
- RUTLAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (160 ALLEN ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Rutland:
- PORTER MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 31 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT)
- GIFFORD MEDICAL CENTER (about 32 miles; RANDOLPH, VT)
- MOSES-LUDINGTON HOSPITAL (about 38 miles; TICONDEROGA, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Rutland:
- RUTLAND STATE (about 7 miles; RUTLAND, VT; ID: RUT)
- FLOYD BENNETT MEMORIAL (about 48 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY; ID: GFL)
- BURLINGTON INTL (about 61 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; ID: BTV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Rutland:
- FAIR HAVEN MUNI (about 21 miles; FAIR HAVEN, VT; ID: 1B3)
- GRANVILLE (about 24 miles; GRANVILLE, NY; ID: B01)
- MIDDLEBURY STATE (about 27 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; ID: 6B0)
RUTLAND (MERCHANTS ROW). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/Universities in Rutland:
- COLLEGE OF ST JOSEPH (Full-time enrollment: 371; Location: 71 CLEMENT RD; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.csj.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- RUTLAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER SCHOOL OF RAD TECH (FT enrollment: 5; Location: 160 ALLEN ST; Private, not-for-profit)
- RUTLAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Location: 160 ALLEN ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: RDeAngelis@rrmc.org)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rutland:
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,265)
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY (about 43 miles; NORTHFIELD, VT; FT enrollment: 2,585)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 51 miles; HANOVER, NH; FT enrollment: 5,309)
- ADIRONDACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; QUEENSBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,182)
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 58 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; FT enrollment: 8,852)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 63 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; FT enrollment: 2,272)
- WILLIAMS COLLEGE (about 66 miles; WILLIAMSTOWN, MA; FT enrollment: 2,047)
Public high schools in Rutland:
- RUTLAND SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,142; Location: 22 STRATTON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- STAFFORD TECHNICAL CENTER (Location: 8 STRATTON ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Rutland:
- MT ST JOSEPH ACADEMY (Students: 195; Location: 127 CONVENT AVE; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Rutland:
- RUTLAND INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (Students: 743; Location: 63-65 LIBRARY AVENUE; Grades: 03 - 06)
- RUTLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 410; Location: 65-67 LIBRARY AVE; Grades: 07 - 08)
- RUTLAND NORTHEAST PRIMARY S (Students: 257; Location: 117 TEMPLE STREET; Grades: KG - 02)
- RUTLAND CITY S.D. (Students: 31; Location: 6 CHURCH STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- RUTLAND CENTRAL S.U. (Location: 257 SOUTH MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - PK)
Private primary/middle schools in Rutland:
- CHRIST THE KING SCHOOL (Students: 288; Location: 60 SOUTH MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- RUTLAND AREA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 87; Location: 2 MEADOW LANE; Grades: PK - 9)
- VERMONT ACHIEVEMENT CENTER (Students: 33; Location: 88 PARK ST P O BOX 6283; Grades: 3 - 11)
- RUTLAND LEARNING CENTER (Students: 7; Location: 87 BROWN STREET; Grades: 3 - 10)
Library in Rutland:
- RUTLAND FREE (Operating income: $797,322; Location: 10 COURT ST.; 83,980 books; 2,076 audio materials; 1,857 video materials; 283 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Rutland: Riverside Reformatory (A), Rutland City Swimming Pool (B), Rutland Country Club (C), Rutland Golf Course (D), College of Saint Joseph Playhouse (E), Vermont State Southwest Regional Library (F), Vermont Achievement Center (G), Senior Citizens Center (H), Saint Joseph College Library (I), Lawrence Recreation Center (J), Rutland Regional Medical Center Health Science Library (K), Rutland Regional Chamber of Commerce (L), Rutland Historical Society Museum (M), Rutland Historical Society Building (N), Rutland Free Library (O), Rutland County Courthouse (P), Rutland City Hall (Q), Central Fire Station (R), Chaffee Art Center (S).
Shopping Center: Rutland Plaza Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Rutland include: Church of Christ the King Roman Catholic Church (A), Saint Josephs Convent (B), Advent Christian Church (C), Saint Joseph Novitiate (D), Messiah Lutheran Church (E), Church of Christ (F), The Synagogue (G), Alliance Church of Rutland (H).
Cemeteries: North Main Cemetery (1), Old West Street Cemetery (2), Saint Josephs Cemetery (3), Evergreen Cemetery (4), Calvary Cemetery (5), West Street Cemetery (6).
Lakes and reservoirs: Muddy Pond (A), Dunklee Pond (B), Rocky Pond (C), Piedmont Pond (D), Lower Eddy Pond (E), Combination Pond (F).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Moon Brook (A), Tenney Brook (B), East Creek (C), Mussey Brook (D).
Parks in Rutland include: Rutland Courthouse Historic District (1), Rutland Downtown Historic District (2), Main Street Park (3), Pine Hill Park (4), Whites Playground (5).
Post office: (A).
Rutland compared to Vermont state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Rutland:
- WSYB (1380 AM; 5 kW; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WVNR (1340 AM; 1 kW; POULTNEY, VT; Owner: PINE TREE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Rutland:
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WJEN (94.5 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WEXP (101.5 FM; BRANDON, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C.)
- WFTF (90.5 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN RADIO FELLOWSHIP)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WNGN (91.9 FM; ARGYLE, NY; Owner: NORTHEAST GOSPEL BROADCASTING INC)
TV broadcast stations around Rutland:
- W07AG (Channel 7; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: WNYT INC.)
- W69AR (Channel 69; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: MT. MANSFIELD TELEVISION, INC.)
- WVER (Channel 28; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: VERMONT ETV, INC.)
- W61CE (Channel 61; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: MARGARET SANGUINETTI (ADMINISTRATRIX OF THE ESTATE))
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.