Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,571. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,495 (-1.0% change)
Males: 3,664 (48.4%), Females: 3,907 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 39.5 years
Median household income: $29,269 (year 2000)
Median house value: $81,200 (year 2000)
St. Johnsbury, VT residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in St. Johnsbury:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.6%)
- American Indian (1.8%)
- Two or more races (1.5%)
- Hispanic (1.2%)
- Black (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (16.2%), French (13.6%), Irish (12.9%), French Canadian (11.2%), United States (10.3%), Italian (5.1%).
New! Johnsbury, Vermont forum
Elevation: 588 feet
Land area: 13.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in St. Johnsbury
- High school or higher: 79.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.9%
- Unemployed: 4.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in St. Johnsbury town
- Never married: 24.0%
- Now married: 51.3%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 10.4%
- Divorced: 12.4%
4.1% Foreign born (1.8% North America, 1.8% Europe, 0.5% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: -48 (-0.6%).
Foreclosures - Foreclosures low as $10k Search Free Today! />
Hotels Hotels - Low Rate Guaranteed Special Hotel Deals Everyday />
Johnsbury Vermont - Hotels, Compare Rates & Read Recent Reviews. Try TripAdvisor! />
Vermont Real Estate - Real Estate Buyer's Advocate Search All local listings. Get Info />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NH Manchester, (106.8 miles www.TripAdvisor.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (158.8 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (288.5 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Johnsbury, VT St. (0.0 miles VT (6.3 miles Lyndon, VT Lyndonville, (7.7 miles VT (8.4 miles Danville, VT (8.8 miles Concord, VT (9.1 miles Barnet, NH (11.6 miles Monroe, VT Peacham, (12.3 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 6 buildings, average cost: $61,700
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $72,900
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 1999: 6 buildings, average cost: $132,200
- 2000: 9 buildings, average cost: $67,800
- 2001: 7 buildings, average cost: $77,600
- 2002: 14 buildings, average cost: $92,400
- 2003: 12 buildings, average cost: $89,000
- 2004: 14 buildings, average cost: $103,400
- 2005: 15 buildings, average cost: $106,500
Latitude: 44.42 N, Longitude: 72.02 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.1%), Retail trade (15.2%), Manufacturing (14.7%).
Crime in St. Johnsbury by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||2 ||3 ||0 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||26.4 ||39.6 ||0.0 ||26.4 |
|Robberies ||3 ||0 ||1 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||39.6 ||0.0 ||13.2 ||13.2 |
|Assaults ||7 ||2 ||4 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||92.5 ||26.4 ||52.8 ||39.6 |
|Burglaries ||22 ||21 ||14 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||290.6 ||277.4 ||184.9 ||237.7 |
|Thefts ||89 ||118 ||86 ||70 |
| per 100,000 ||1175.5 ||1558.6 ||1135.9 ||924.6 |
|Auto thefts ||1 ||3 ||8 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||13.2 ||39.6 ||105.7 ||52.8 |
| ||109.4 ||106.1 ||81.4 ||80.3 |
Average climate in St. Johnsbury, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near St. Johnsbury:
- NORTHEASTERN VERMONT REG HOSPITAL (about 1 miles; SAINT JOHNSBURY, VT)
- LITTLETON REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; LITTLETON, NH)
- COTTAGE HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; WOODSVILLE, NH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to St. Johnsbury:
- BURLINGTON INTL (about 79 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; ID: BTV)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 89 miles; RUTLAND, VT; ID: RUT)
- CLINTON CO (about 106 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; ID: PLB)
Other public-use airports nearest to St. Johnsbury:
- CALEDONIA COUNTY (about 10 miles; LYNDONVILLE, VT; ID: 6B8)
- DEAN MEMORIAL (about 25 miles; HAVERHILL, NH; ID: 5B9)
- FRANCONIA (about 26 miles; FRANCONIA, NH; ID: 1B5)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to St. Johnsbury:
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY (about 49 miles; NORTHFIELD, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,585)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 51 miles; HANOVER, NH; FT enrollment: 5,309)
- PLYMOUTH STATE COLLEGE (about 53 miles; PLYMOUTH, NH; FT enrollment: 3,542)
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 74 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; FT enrollment: 8,852)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 80 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; FT enrollment: 2,272)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 85 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; FT enrollment: 2,265)
- NEW HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE (about 102 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; FT enrollment: 3,251)
Library in St. Johnsbury:
- ST. JOHNSBURY ATHENAEUM (Operating income: $273,839; Location: 1171 MAIN ST.; 45,809 books; 1,493 audio materials; 622 video materials; 80 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in St. Johnsbury: Moose River Campground (A), Caledonia County Courthouse (B), Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium Library (C), Fairbanks Museum and Plantarium (D), Saint Johnsbury Town Offices (E), Saint Johnsbury Fire Station (F), Saint Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce (G), Saint Johnsbury Athenaeum (H), Catamount Film and Arts Center (I), Fuller Hall (J), Maple Grove Museum (K), Northeastern Vermont Regional Hosptial Information Center (L).
Shopping Center: Green Mountain Mall Shopping Center (1).
Churches in St. Johnsbury include: North Congregational Church (A), Advent Christian Church (B), Pleasant Street Baptist Church (C), Saint Johns Catholic Church (D), Living Water Assembly of God Church (E), Saint Andrews Episcopal Church (F), First Church of Christ Scientist (G), First Congregational Church (H).
Cemeteries: Mount Calvary Cemetery (1), Mount Pleasant Cemetery (2), New Saint Johnsbury Center Cemetery (3), Old Church Yard Cemetery (4).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Roberts Brook (A), Sleepers River (B), Moose River (C), Spaulding Brook (D), Stiles Brook (E).
Parks in St. Johnsbury include: Saint Johnsbury Historic District (1), Saint Johnsbury Main Street Historic District (2), Arnold Park (3), Kiwanis Pool and Tennis Courts (4), Railroad Street Historic District (5).
Post offices: Saint Johnsbury Center Post Office (A), Saint Johnsbury Post Office (B).
St. Johnsbury compared to Vermont state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- House age significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in St. Johnsbury:
- WSTJ (1340 AM; 1 kW; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WLTN (1400 AM; 1 kW; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in St. Johnsbury:
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WKXH (105.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLTN-FM (96.7 FM; LISBON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WPNH-FM (100.1 FM; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- W257AU (99.3 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, ETC., VT; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WYKR-FM (101.3 FM; HAVERHILL, NH; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around St. Johnsbury:
- WLED-TV (Channel 49; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WVTB (Channel 20; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT ETV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.