Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,203. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,454 (+4.0% change)
Males: 3,023 (48.7%), Females: 3,180 (51.3%)
Median resident age: 36.5 years
Median household income: $41,086 (year 2000)
Median house value: $100,300 (year 2000)
Swanton, VT residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Swanton:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.9%)
- American Indian (5.5%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
Ancestries: French Canadian (19.8%), French (17.8%), United States (14.2%), Irish (12.2%), English (9.7%), German (4.0%).
New! Vermont forum
Elevation: 157 feet
Land area: 0.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Swanton
- High school or higher: 81.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Swanton town
- Never married: 21.8%
- Now married: 59.0%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 10.8%
4.4% Foreign born (3.0% North America, 0.7% Europe, 0.5% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,082 (+21.1%).
Vermont Real Estate - Real Estate Buyer's Advocate Search All local listings. Get Info />
Villa in Vermont - most beautiful estate in VT For sale now - must be seen! />
For Rent - biggest source of free info on Apartments For Rent />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Schenectady, (156.5 miles pop. 61,821).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (227.5 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (296.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: VT Swanton, (0.0 miles Albans, VT St. (8.0 miles VT (12.5 miles Sheldon, VT (12.8 miles Alburg, Hero, VT (13.6 miles North VT Fairfield, (14.5 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 15 buildings, average cost: $112,100
- 1998: 22 buildings, average cost: $116,500
- 1999: 34 buildings, average cost: $124,900
- 2000: 21 buildings, average cost: $128,900
- 2001: 26 buildings, average cost: $138,100
- 2002: 38 buildings, average cost: $146,300
- 2003: 31 buildings, average cost: $150,200
- 2004: 38 buildings, average cost: $147,700
- 2005: 34 buildings, average cost: $148,200
Latitude: 44.92 N, Longitude: 73.12 W
Area code: 802
Swanton, Vermont business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (26.7%), Retail trade (13.9%), Educational,health and social services (13.9%).
Crime in Swanton by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||1 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||16.1 ||16.1 ||0.0 |
|Assaults ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||16.1 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Burglaries ||12 ||21 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||193.5 ||338.5 ||16.1 |
|Thefts ||132 ||104 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||2128.0 ||1676.6 ||0.0 |
|Auto thefts ||4 ||4 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||64.5 ||64.5 ||0.0 |
| ||111.9 ||100.8 ||1.1 |
Average climate in Swanton, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Swanton:
- NORTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 8 miles; SAINT ALBANS, VT)
- CHAMPLAIN VALLEY PHYSICIANS HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY)
- FLETCHER ALLEN HOSPITAL OF VERMONT (about 31 miles; BURLINGTON, VT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Swanton:
- BURLINGTON INTL (about 32 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; ID: BTV)
- CLINTON CO (about 32 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; ID: PLB)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 98 miles; RUTLAND, VT; ID: RUT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Swanton:
- FRANKLIN COUNTY STATE (about 3 miles; HIGHGATE, VT; ID: FSO)
- ROUSES POINT (about 17 miles; ROUSES POINT, NY; ID: K21)
- PLATTSBURGH INTL (about 31 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; ID: PBG)
Amtrak stations near Swanton:
- 8 miles: ST. ALBANS (40 FEDERAL ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service.
- 19 miles: ROUSES POINT (PRATT ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Swanton:
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PLATTSBURGH (about 29 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Full-time enrollment: 5,601)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 30 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; FT enrollment: 2,272)
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 33 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; FT enrollment: 8,852)
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY (about 63 miles; NORTHFIELD, VT; FT enrollment: 2,585)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 63 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; FT enrollment: 2,265)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 103 miles; HANOVER, NH; FT enrollment: 5,309)
- ADIRONDACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 116 miles; QUEENSBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,182)
Public high school in Swanton:
- MISSISQUOI VALLEY UHSD #7 (Students: 1,070; Location: 100 THUNDER BIRD DRIVE; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Swanton:
- SWANTON SCHOOLS (Students: 650; Location: 24 FOURTH STREET; Grades: PK - 06)
- FRANKLIN NORTHWEST S.U. (Students: 40; Location: 21 CHURCH STREET; Grades: PK - PK)
Private primary/middle school in Swanton:
- MUNCHKINLAND MONTESSORI (Students: 16; Location: 38 WOODS HILL ROAD; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Swanton:
- SWANTON PUBLIC (Operating income: $65,867; Location: 1 FIRST ST.; 16,902 books; 208 audio materials; 303 video materials; 35 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Swanton: Swanton Town Hall (A), Swanton Public Library (B), Swanton Chamber of Commerce (C).
Churches in Swanton include: Holy Trinity Episcopal Church (A), First Congregational Church (B), Church of the Nativity (C).
Cemeteries: Saint Marys Cemetery (1), Church St Cemetery (2).
Post office: (A).
Swanton compared to Vermont state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Swanton:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WRSA (1420 AM; 1 kW; ST. ALBANS, VT)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEAV (960 AM; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTWK (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WVAA (1390 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, KDR, LLC)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Swanton:
- WLFE-FM (102.3 FM; ST. ALBANS, VT; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WCEL (91.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WCPV (101.3 FM; ESSEX, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBTZ (99.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: PLATTSBURGH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXLU (88.3 FM; PERU, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
- WGLY-FM (91.5 FM; BOLTON, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Swanton:
- W52CD (Channel 52; ST. ALBANS, VT; Owner: VERMONT LOW POWER TV, LP)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.