Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,561. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,353 (-3.2% change)
Males: 3,187 (48.6%), Females: 3,374 (51.4%)
Median resident age: 32.9 years
Median household income: $30,592 (year 2000)
Median house value: $112,500 (year 2000)
Winooski, VT residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Winooski:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.0%)
- Vietnamese (3.8%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- Black (1.2%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Hispanic (1.1%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: French (20.9%), French Canadian (18.1%), Irish (13.4%), English (8.5%), United States (5.8%), Italian (5.0%).
New! Vermont forum
Elevation: 175 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Winooski
- High school or higher: 81.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.9%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Winooski city
- Never married: 36.0%
- Now married: 44.7%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 10.8%
10.3% Foreign born (4.2% Europe, 4.0% Asia, 1.2% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: -121 (-1.8%).
Vermont Real Estate - Real Estate Buyer's Advocate Search All local listings. Get Info />
Villa in Vermont - most beautiful estate in VT For sale now - must be seen! />
Vermont Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Schenectady, (127.7 miles pop. 61,821).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (208.0 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (267.0 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: VT Burlington, (2.9 miles Burlington, VT South (3.0 miles VT (4.1 miles Colchester, Junction, VT (5.1 miles Essex VT (8.5 miles Shelburne, VT (8.8 miles Williston, VT Milton, (11.0 miles .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 1 building, cost: $50,000
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $40,600
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $85,000
- 1999: 7 buildings, average cost: $83,400
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 0 buildings
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 11 buildings, average cost: $39,000
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $140,000
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $95,000
Latitude: 44.49 N, Longitude: 73.18 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Winooski, Vermont business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.6%), Manufacturing (17.5%), Retail trade (13.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -658 (-10.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 487 (14.8%)
Crime in Winooski by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||2 ||2 ||1 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||30.5 ||30.5 ||15.2 ||106.7 |
|Robberies ||1 ||1 ||3 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||15.2 ||15.2 ||45.7 ||91.4 |
|Assaults ||9 ||17 ||12 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||137.2 ||259.1 ||182.9 ||289.6 |
|Burglaries ||65 ||92 ||29 ||97 |
| per 100,000 ||990.7 ||1402.2 ||442.0 ||1478.4 |
|Thefts ||189 ||197 ||90 ||210 |
| per 100,000 ||2880.7 ||3002.6 ||1371.7 ||3200.7 |
|Auto thefts ||15 ||19 ||6 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||228.6 ||289.6 ||91.4 ||167.7 |
| ||247.1 ||310.0 ||149.5 ||373.0 |
Average climate in Winooski, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Winooski:
- FLETCHER ALLEN HOSPITAL OF VERMONT (about 3 miles; BURLINGTON, VT)
- NORTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 23 miles; SAINT ALBANS, VT)
- CHAMPLAIN VALLEY PHYSICIANS HOSPITAL (about 24 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Winooski:
- BURLINGTON INTL (about 3 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; ID: BTV)
- CLINTON CO (about 27 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; ID: PLB)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 70 miles; RUTLAND, VT; ID: RUT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Winooski:
- PLATTSBURGH INTL (about 23 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; ID: PBG)
- BASIN HARBOR (about 24 miles; VERGENNES, VT; ID: B06)
- WESTPORT (about 29 miles; WESTPORT, NY; ID: N25)
Amtrak stations near Winooski:
- 5 miles: BURLINGTON-ESSEX JUNCTION (ESSEX JUNCTION, 29 RAILROAD AVE.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 19 miles: PORT KENT (RTE. 9 NORTH) - Seasonal Station. Services: free short-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Winooski:
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 2 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,272)
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 8 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; FT enrollment: 8,852)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PLATTSBURGH (about 24 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; FT enrollment: 5,601)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; FT enrollment: 2,265)
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; NORTHFIELD, VT; FT enrollment: 2,585)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 84 miles; HANOVER, NH; FT enrollment: 5,309)
- ADIRONDACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 88 miles; QUEENSBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,182)
Public primary/middle schools in Winooski:
- J. F. KENNEDY ELEM. SCHOOL (Students: 389; Location: 70 NORMAND STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- WINOOSKI HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 242; Location: 60 NORMAND STREET; Grades: 06 - 12)
- WINOOSKI MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 189; Location: 60 NORMAND STREET; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WINOOSKI S.D. (Location: 60 NORMAND STREET; Grades: PK - 12)
Private primary/middle schools in Winooski:
- ST FRANCIS XAVIER SCHOOL (Students: 229; Location: 5 ST PETER STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- CENTERPOINT (Students: 20; Location: 81 WEST CANAL STREET; Grades: 8 - 11)
Library in Winooski:
- WINOOSKI MEMORIAL (Operating income: $49,460; Location: 19 E. SPRING ST.; 14,516 books; 364 audio materials; 253 video materials; 32 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable location: Winooski Memorial Library (A).
Shopping Centers: Champlain Mill Shopping Center (1), Champlain Market Place Shopping Center (2).
Churches in Winooski include: Valley Baptist Fellowship (A), Sisters of Providence Church (B), Faith Baptist Church (C), Saint Francis Xavier Church (D), French Baptist Church (E), Saint Stephen Church (F), Hearts of Fire Ministries (G).
Cemetery: Saint Stephens Cemetery (1).
Reservoir: Winooski Upper Reservoir (A).
Park in Winooski: Winooski Falls Mill District (1).
Winooski compared to Vermont state average:
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Winooski:
- WVAA (1390 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, KDR, LLC)
- WVMT (620 AM; 5 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WJOY (1230 AM; 1 kW; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WEAV (960 AM; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTWK (1070 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Winooski:
- WCPV (101.3 FM; ESSEX, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXXX (95.5 FM; SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: SISON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W207AX (89.3 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WRUV (90.1 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: THE UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT)
- WOKO (98.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: HALL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWPV-FM (88.7 FM; COLCHESTER, VT; Owner: SAINT MICHAEL'S COLLEGE)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WXZO (96.7 FM; WILLSBORO, NY; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WIZN (106.7 FM; VERGENNES, VT; Owner: BURLINGTON BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WCEL (91.9 FM; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WGLY-FM (91.5 FM; BOLTON, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLFE-FM (102.3 FM; ST. ALBANS, VT; Owner: CHAMPLAIN COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- W213AZ (90.5 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WXLU (88.3 FM; PERU, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Winooski:
- W51CB (Channel 51; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: DEEPAK VISWANATH)
- W16AL (Channel 16; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- W19BR (Channel 19; MONKTON, VT; Owner: PLATTSBURGH PARTNERS)
- WPTZ (Channel 5; NORTH POLE, NY; Owner: HEARST-ARGYLE STATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.