Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 480. Estimated population in July 2005: 478 (-0.4% change)
Males: 212 (44.2%), Females: 268 (55.8%)
Median resident age: 44.0 years
Median household income: $33,500 (year 2000)
Median house value: $73,500 (year 2000)
Belle Haven, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Belle Haven:
- White Non-Hispanic (78.1%)
- Black (19.4%)
- Hispanic (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
- Other race (0.6%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: English (15.8%), United States (12.1%), German (9.4%), Irish (6.3%), French (4.4%), Italian (3.3%).
New! Haven, Virginia forum
Land area: 1.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Belle Haven
- High school or higher: 77.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 12.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Belle Haven town
- Never married: 19.6%
- Now married: 54.5%
- Separated: 3.7%
- Widowed: 11.1%
- Divorced: 11.1%
1.7% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -46 (-8.7%).
William, VA. MLS - Photos of Over 5,000 Northern Virginia Real Estate Listings! />
in Chesapeake VA - for your new Home search the MLS />
at Henson Creek - from I-95 and Wash., D.C. Brand New Resident Center />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: VA Hampton, (51.2 miles Virginia.BrioRealty.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Beach, VA Virginia (52.7 miles pop. 425,257).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (175.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: VA (1.2 miles Exmore, VA (3.7 miles Painter, VA (5.7 miles Nassawadox, Keller, VA (6.4 miles) , VA Melfa, (8.9 miles VA (10.0 miles Wachapreague, VA (12.2 miles Onley, VA Onancock, (12.3 miles
Latitude: 37.55 N, Longitude: 75.82 W
Area code: 757
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (28.3%), Retail trade (15.1%).
Average climate in Belle Haven, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Belle Haven-area historical tornado activity is below Virginia state average. It is 55% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/2/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 11.6 miles away from the Belle Haven city center .
On 6/21/1969, a category 2 tornado 20.0 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Belle Haven:
- SHORE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; NASSAWADOX, VA)
- EDWARD MCCREADY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 30 miles; CRISFIELD, MD)
- RAPPAHANNOCK GENL HOSP (about 39 miles; KILMARNOCK, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Belle Haven:
- LANGLEY AFB (about 50 miles; HAMPTON, VA; ID: LFI)
- OCEANA NAS /APOLLO SOUCEK FIELD/ (about 53 miles; VIRGINIA BEACH, VA; ID: NTU)
- NORFOLK INTL (about 53 miles; NORFOLK, VA; ID: ORF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Belle Haven:
- ACCOMACK COUNTY (about 8 miles; MELFA, VA; ID: MFV)
- TANGIER ISLAND (about 22 miles; TANGIER, VA; ID: TGI)
- CRISFIELD MUNI (about 33 miles; CRISFIELD, MD; ID: W41)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Belle Haven:
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE (about 46 miles; PRINCESS ANNE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,940)
- HAMPTON UNIVERSITY (about 51 miles; HAMPTON, VA; FT enrollment: 5,249)
- OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY (about 52 miles; NORFOLK, VA; FT enrollment: 13,330)
- THOMAS NELSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; Hampton, VA; FT enrollment: 3,884)
- ECPI COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 54 miles; VIRGINIA BEACH, VA; FT enrollment: 2,083)
- CHRISTOPHER NEWPORT UNIVERSITY (about 57 miles; NEWPORT NEWS, VA; FT enrollment: 4,432)
- NORFOLK STATE UNIVERSITY (about 57 miles; NORFOLK, VA; FT enrollment: 5,820)
| || |
Notable locations in Belle Haven: Belle Haven Country Club (A), Belle Haven Marina (B), Fairfax County Fire Station Company 11 (C).
Shopping Center: Belle View Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Belle Haven include: Saint Marys Catholic Church (A), Washington Street United Methodist Church (B), Messiah Lutheran Church (C), Mount Calvary Church (D), Mount Vernon Methodist Church (E).
Creek: Hunting Creek (A).
Parks in Belle Haven include: Fort Willard Park (1), Belle Haven Park (2).
Post office: (A).
Belle Haven compared to Virginia state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Belle Haven:
- WESR (1330 AM; 5 kW; ONLEY-ONANCOCK, VA; Owner: EASTERN SHORE RADIO, INC.)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WGH (1310 AM; 20 kW; NEWPORT NEWS, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE BAY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WNIS (790 AM; 5 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WTGM (960 AM; 10 kW; SALISBURY, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Belle Haven:
- WEXM (106.1 FM; EXMORE, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WROX-FM (96.1 FM; CAPE CHARLES, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR TELECABLE, INC.)
- WKHI (107.5 FM; FRUITLAND, MD; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WESR-FM (103.3 FM; ONLEY-ONANCOCK, VA; Owner: EASTERN SHORE RADIO, INC.)
- WVES (99.3 FM; ACCOMAC, VA; Owner: CHINCOTEAGUE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAZP (90.7 FM; CAPE CHARLES, VA; Owner: DELMARVA EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Belle Haven:
- W52AB (Channel 52; CRADDOCKVILLE, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ACCOMACK, VIRGINIA)
- W58AK (Channel 58; CRADDOCKVILLE, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ACCOMACK, VIRGINIA)
- W63AM (Channel 63; CRADDOCKVILLE, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ACCOMACK, VIRGINIA)
- W68BH (Channel 68; CRADDOCKVILLE, VA; Owner: COUNTY OF ACCOMACK, VIRGINIA)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.