Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,777
Males: 3,690 (47.4%), Females: 4,087 (52.6%)
Median resident age: 38.3 years
Median household income: $30,380 (year 2000)
Median house value: $81,700 (year 2000)
Collinsville, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Collinsville:
- White Non-Hispanic (83.3%)
- Black (11.3%)
- Hispanic (3.8%)
- Other race (2.0%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
Ancestries: United States (20.4%), English (14.0%), Irish (8.0%), German (6.1%), Scotch-Irish (1.7%), Scottish (1.4%).
New! Virginia forum
Land area: 7.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Collinsville
- High school or higher: 73.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Collinsville CDP
- Never married: 22.1%
- Now married: 54.8%
- Separated: 3.8%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 12.2%
3.4% Foreign born (2.5% Latin America, 0.6% Asia).
Real Estate - 1,000's of VA real estate listings, photo's and daily updates />
VA Apartments - homes in Blacksburg, VA near Virginia Tech campus />
Is Charlottesville - estates, horse farms, town houses, condos & historic mansions />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: VA Roanoke, (38.5 miles pop. 94,911).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NC Greensboro, (44.9 miles pop. 223,891).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (398.5 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Heights, VA (1.9 miles Villa VA (2.3 miles Fieldale, VA (3.1 miles Stanleytown, VA (4.0 miles Martinsville, Level, VA (5.5 miles Oak VA (5.6 miles Bassett, Pasture, VA (6.8 miles Horse VA (8.1 miles Chatmoss,
Latitude: 36.72 N, Longitude: 79.92 W
Area code: 276
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (38.3%), Educational,health and social services (13.2%), Retail trade (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,431 (-18.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 634 (17.7%)
Average climate in Collinsville, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Collinsville-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Virginia state average. It is 44% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/20/1998, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 16.2 miles away from the Collinsville city center killed 2 people and injured 27 people and caused $34 million in damages.
On 9/17/2004, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 2.4 miles away from the city center injured 4 people and caused $54 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Collinsville:
- MEMORIAL HOSP MARTINSVILLE (about 5 miles; MARTINSVILLE, VA)
- CARILION FRANKLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; ROCKY MOUNT, VA)
- MOREHEAD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; EDEN, NC)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Collinsville:
- ROANOKE REGIONAL/WOODRUM FIELD (about 42 miles; ROANOKE, VA; ID: ROA)
- DANVILLE REGIONAL (about 42 miles; DANVILLE, VA; ID: DAN)
- PIEDMONT TRIAD INTERNATIONAL (about 44 miles; GREENSBORO, NC; ID: GSO)
Other public-use airports nearest to Collinsville:
- ROCKINGHAM COUNTY NC SHILOH (about 21 miles; REIDSVILLE, NC; ID: 78N)
- ROCKINGHAM COUNTY (about 21 miles; EDEN, NC; ID: 8N0)
- WARF (about 32 miles; REIDSVILLE, NC; ID: 6A5)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Collinsville:
- VIRGINIA WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 38 miles; ROANOKE, VA; Full-time enrollment: 3,535)
- NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE (about 41 miles; SALEM, VA; FT enrollment: 2,382)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT GREENSBORO (about 44 miles; GREENSBORO, NC; FT enrollment: 10,868)
- VIRGINIA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE AND STATE UNIV (about 44 miles; BLACKSBURG, VA; FT enrollment: 25,754)
- NORTH CAROLINA AGRICULTURAL AND TECHNICAL ST UNIV (about 45 miles; Greensboro, NC; FT enrollment: 6,970)
- WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY (about 48 miles; WINSTON SALEM, NC; FT enrollment: 5,944)
- ELON COLLEGE (about 49 miles; ELON, NC; FT enrollment: 3,993)
Public high schools in Collinsville:
- FIELDALE COLLINSVILLE HI (Students: 600; Location: 645 MILES RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- PIEDMONT GOV SCH FOR MATH/SCI/TECH (Location: P.O. BOX 728; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Collinsville:
- COLLINSVILLE PRIMARY (Students: 336; Location: 15 PRIMARY SCHOOL RD; Grades: PK - 02)
- JOHN REDD SMITH ELEM. (Students: 277; Location: 40 SCHOOL DR; Grades: 03 - 05)
- BREAKING BARRIERS ALTERNATIVE ED/HENRY CO (Location: C/O HENRY CO PUBLIC SCHLS; Grades: 06 - 12)
- HENRY CO/MARTINSVILLE REG PGM (Location: 3300 KINGS MOUNTAIN RD; Grades: 00 - 00)
| || |
Church in Collinsville: Hill Memorial Baptist Church (A).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Big Branch (A), Beaver Creek (B).
Collinsville compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Collinsville:
- WFIC (1530 AM; daytime; 1 kW; COLLINSVILLE, VA; Owner: BASE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WHEE (1370 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MARTINSVILLE, VA; Owner: PATRICK HENRY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WODY (1160 AM; 5 kW; FIELDALE, VA; Owner: BASE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCBX (900 AM; 1 kW; BASSETT, VA; Owner: BASE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTRU (830 AM; 50 kW; KERNERSVILLE, NC; Owner: TRUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMVA (1450 AM; 1 kW; MARTINSVILLE, VA; Owner: MARTINSVILLE BROADCASTING INC.)
- WFNR (710 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BLACKSBURG, VA; Owner: PERCEPTION MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WPTF (680 AM; 50 kW; RALEIGH, NC; Owner: FIRST STATE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WHEO (1270 AM; 5 kW; STUART, VA; Owner: MOUNTAIN VIEW COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFTK (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; WAKE FOREST, NC; Owner: POSITIVE RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WPAQ (740 AM; 10 kW; MOUNT AIRY, NC; Owner: RALPH D. EPPERSON)
- WYTI (1570 AM; 3 kW; ROCKY MOUNT, VA; Owner: WYTI, INC.)
- WVBE (610 AM; 5 kW; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Collinsville:
- WPIM (90.5 FM; MARTINSVILLE, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC)
- W290AK (105.9 FM; MARTINSVILLE, VA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WROV-FM (96.3 FM; MARTINSVILLE, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WZBB (99.9 FM; STANLEYTOWN, VA; Owner: WNLB RADIO, INC.)
- W296AF (107.1 FM; MARTINSVILLE, VA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W296AM (107.1 FM; BASSETT FORKS, VA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WXLK (92.3 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
- WSLQ (99.1 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
- WSLC-FM (94.9 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: MEL WHEELER, INC.)
- WVTF (89.1 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: VIRGINIA TECH FOUNDATION INC)
- WGBT (94.5 FM; EDEN, NC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJMH (102.1 FM; REIDSVILLE, NC; Owner: ENTERCOM GREENSBORO LICENSE, LLC)
- KHPR (88.1 FM; HONOLULU, HI; Owner: HAWAII PUBLIC RADIO)
- WMQX-FM (93.1 FM; WINSTON-SALEM, NC; Owner: ENTERCOM GREENSBORO LICENSE, LLC)
- WTQR (104.1 FM; WINSTON-SALEM, NC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W285DJ (104.9 FM; MOUNT AIRY, NC; Owner: TRIAD FAMILY NETWORK, INC,)
- WBWR (106.9 FM; BEDFORD, VA; Owner: BEDFORD RADIO PARTNERS, LLC)
- WRXT (90.3 FM; ROANOKE, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC.)
- WFDD (88.5 FM; WINSTON-SALEM, NC; Owner: WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY)
- WJJS-FM (106.1 FM; VINTON, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Collinsville:
- WFMY-TV (Channel 2; GREENSBORO, NC; Owner: WFMY TELEVISION CORPORATION)
- WUPN-TV (Channel 48; GREENSBORO, NC; Owner: WUPN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WXLV-TV (Channel 45; WINSTON-SALEM, NC; Owner: WXLV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTWB-TV (Channel 20; LEXINGTON, NC; Owner: WTWB OF THE TRIAD, LLC)
- WLXI-TV (Channel 61; GREENSBORO, NC; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
- WSET-TV (Channel 13; LYNCHBURG, VA; Owner: WSET INCORPORATED)
- WGPX (Channel 16; BURLINGTON, NC; Owner: PAXSON GREENSBORO LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.