Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 55,971
Males: 27,662 (49.4%), Females: 28,309 (50.6%)
Prince William County
Median resident age: 31.4 years
Median household income: $65,355 (year 2000)
Median house value: $134,100 (year 2000)
Dale City, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Dale City:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (52.6%)
- Black (28.8%)
- Hispanic (9.9%)
- Two or more races (4.4%)
- Other race (4.3%)
- Other Asian (1.3%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (1.0%)
- Korean (0.7%)
- Vietnamese (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (12.4%), Irish (10.4%), English (7.9%), United States (7.5%), Italian (4.4%), Subsaharan African (2.9%).
New! City, Virginia forum
Elevation: 300 feet
Land area: 15.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Dale City
- High school or higher: 89.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 39.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dale City CDP
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 60.4%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 2.3%
- Divorced: 8.4%
13.0% Foreign born (5.0% Latin America, 4.5% Asia, 1.8% Africa, 1.5% Europe).
William, VA. MLS - Photos of Over 5,000 Northern Virginia Real Estate Listings! />
Coopers Crossing - in Landover Hills New Resident Center Coming Soon />
Realty - Washington DC homes and real estate agents at Zip Realty. />
VA Real Estate - MLS for all available homes in Woodbridge, VA. View online now! />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (29.1 miles www.ziprealty.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (177.5 miles Virginia.BrioRealty.com )
Nearest cities: VA (2.2 miles Montclair, Ridge, VA Lake (3.6 miles VA Woodbridge, (5.6 miles VA (5.7 miles Dumfries, VA (6.1 miles Occoquan, VA (6.8 miles Triangle, VA (8.4 miles Lorton, VA (9.5 miles Quantico,
Latitude: 38.65 N, Longitude: 77.34 W
Area codes: 703, 571
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (15.2%), Public administration (15.0%), Retail trade (13.4%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -20,985 (-37.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,201 (11.0%)
Average climate in Dale City, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dale City-area historical tornado activity is above Virginia state average. It is 29% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/28/2002, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.1 miles away from the Dale City city center killed 3 people and injured 122 people and caused $124 million in damages.
On 4/1/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.5 miles away from the city center injured 37 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: David Hooper - College basketball player (Navy Midshipmen).
Hospitals/medical centers near Dale City:
- POTOMAC HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; WOODBRIDGE, VA)
- PRINCE WILLIAM HOSP (about 12 miles; MANASSAS, VA)
- INOVA FAIR OAKS HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; FAIRFAX, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Dale City:
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 21 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 26 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 35 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Dale City:
- MANASSAS REGIONAL/HARRY P. DAVIS FIELD (about 12 miles; MANASSAS, VA; ID: HEF)
- WHITMAN STRIP (about 17 miles; MANASSAS, VA; ID: 0V5)
- MARYLAND (about 20 miles; INDIAN HEAD, MD; ID: 2W5)
Amtrak stations near Dale City:
- 7 miles: WOODBRIDGE (1040 EXPRESS WAY). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 10 miles: LORTON (AUTO-TRAIN) (LORTON, 8006 LORTON RD.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 10 miles: QUANTICO (QUNATICO, RAILROAD AVE.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dale City:
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; FAIRFAX, VA; Full-time enrollment: 16,564)
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; ANNANDALE, VA; FT enrollment: 19,406)
- MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; ARLINGTON, VA; FT enrollment: 2,479)
- MARY WASHINGTON COLLEGE (about 26 miles; FREDERICKSBURG, VA; FT enrollment: 3,731)
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND (about 27 miles; LA PLATA, MD; FT enrollment: 3,439)
- GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 16,045)
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 8,859)
Private high school in Dale City:
- EVANGEL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 300; Location: 14836 N ASHDALE AVE; Grades: PK - 12)
Private primary/middle schools in Dale City:
- HOLY FAMILY EARLY CHLDHD CNTR (Students: 94; Location: 14160 FERNDALE ROAD; Grades: KG - 3)
- DALE CITY CHRISTIAN CHURCH (Students: 50; Location: 14022 LINDENDALE ROAD; Grades: PK - 3)
| || |
Notable locations in Dale City: Dale City Mini Library (A), Dale City Neighborhood Library (B).
Shopping Centers: Prince William Square Shopping Center (1), Ashdale Plaza Shopping Center (2), Center Plaza Shopping Center (3), Smoketown Plaza Shopping Center (4), Forestdale Plaza Shopping Center (5), Glendale Plaza Shopping Center (6).
Churches in Dale City include: Pine Grove Church (A), Good Shepherd United Methodist Church (B), Dale City Baptist Church (C), Greenwood Church (D), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (E), Hillendale Baptist Church (F), Holy Family Catholic Church (G), Lutheran Church of the Covenant (H).
Cemeteries: Greenwood Cemetery (1), Minnieville Cemetery (2).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Headly Run (A), Hoadly Run (B).
Parks in Dale City include: Logan Park (1), Greenwood Farm Park (2), Cloverdale Park (3), Andrew Leitch Park (4), Hillendale Park (5).
Post office: (A).
Dale City compared to Virginia state average:
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Dale City:
- WPWC (1480 AM; 5 kW; DUMFRIES-TRIANGLE, VA; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WKDL (730 AM; 8 kW; ALEXANDRIA, VA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ALEXANDRIA LICENSEE, LLC)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WDCT (1310 AM; 5 kW; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, LTD.)
- WKDV (1460 AM; 5 kW; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WABS (780 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ARLINGTON, VA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dale City:
- WJFK-FM (106.7 FM; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF WASHINGTON, DC)
- WJZW (105.9 FM; WOODBRIDGE, VA; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WMZQ-FM (98.7 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WETA (90.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WGTS (91.9 FM; TAKOMA PARK, MD; Owner: COLUMBIA UNION COLLEGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIHT (99.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WPER (89.9 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO INC.)
- WKYS (93.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WAVA (105.1 FM; ARLINGTON, VA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
- WWZZ (104.1 FM; WALDORF, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WBQB (101.5 FM; FREDERICKSBURG, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WWDC-FM (101.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WFLS-FM (93.3 FM; FREDERICKSBURG, VA; Owner: THE FREE LANCE-STAR PUBLISHING CO. OF FREDERICKSBURG, VA)
- W228BA (93.5 FM; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WGMS-FM (103.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Dale City:
- WNVT (Channel 53; GOLDVEIN, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPXW (Channel 66; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: PAXSON WASHINGTON LICENSE, INC.)
- WNVC (Channel 56; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJLA-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ACC LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUSA (Channel 9; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE DETROIT NEWS, INC.)
- WTTG (Channel 5; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WHUT-TV (Channel 32; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WRC-TV (Channel 4; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WRC-TV), INC.)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W42BE (Channel 42; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: FAIRFAX LOW POWER CO.)
- WIAV-LP (Channel 58; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ASIAVISION, INC.)
- W28BY (Channel 63; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFORMATION SUPER STATION, L.L.C.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.