Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 28,311. Estimated population in July 2005: 36,269 (+28.1% change)
Males: 13,907 (49.1%), Females: 14,404 (50.9%)
Median resident age: 33.1 years
Median household income: $68,861 (year 2000)
Median house value: $188,400 (year 2000)
Leesburg, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Leesburg:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (80.4%)
- Black (9.2%)
- Hispanic (5.9%)
- Other race (2.5%)
- Two or more races (2.2%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
- Other Asian (0.5%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (21.4%), Irish (15.6%), English (13.5%), United States (7.4%), Italian (6.3%), Scottish (3.6%).
New! Virginia forum
Elevation: 352 feet
Land area: 11.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Leesburg
- High school or higher: 89.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 41.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.0%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Leesburg town
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 59.4%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 4.4%
- Divorced: 10.8%
8.6% Foreign born (3.2% Latin America, 2.5% Asia, 2.1% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +11,922 (+72.7%).
Cty Real Estate - all Loudoun homes; receive automatic updates of new listings />
County Homes - of over 8,000 Virginia home listings! />
VA Apartments - Virginia Apartment Finder! Virtual Tours, Photos, Floorplans />
with Rent.com - Falls Church VA apartments Report your lease and get $100. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: VA Reston, (18.0 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (39.8 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (176.8 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: VA Hamilton, (7.5 miles MD (10.5 miles Poolesville, VA (10.7 miles Purcellville, VA (12.6 miles Lovettsville, Hillsboro, VA (13.0 miles) , Barnesville, MD (14.6 miles) , Hill, VA (14.7 miles Round MD Brunswick, (14.9 miles
Latitude: 39.11 N, Longitude: 77.56 W
Area codes: 703, 571
Leesburg, Virginia business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (16.4%), Educational,health and social services (15.2%), Retail trade (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +645 (+2.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,019 (32.7%)
Crime in Leesburg by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||21.2 |
|Rapes ||4 ||13 ||12 |
| per 100,000 ||14.1 ||45.9 ||42.4 |
|Robberies ||17 ||15 ||22 |
| per 100,000 ||60.0 ||53.0 ||77.7 |
|Assaults ||53 ||50 ||46 |
| per 100,000 ||187.2 ||176.6 ||162.5 |
|Burglaries ||32 ||65 ||58 |
| per 100,000 ||113.0 ||229.6 ||204.9 |
|Thefts ||489 ||689 ||719 |
| per 100,000 ||1727.2 ||2433.7 ||2539.6 |
|Auto thefts ||36 ||59 ||54 |
| per 100,000 ||127.2 ||208.4 ||190.7 |
| ||148.3 ||199.7 ||225.1 |
Average climate in Leesburg, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Leesburg-area historical tornado activity is above Virginia state average. It is 25% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/24/2001, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 32.8 miles away from the Leesburg city center injured 2 people and caused $2 million in damages.
On 9/5/1979, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 21.2 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Stephen Eaton - College football player (Virginia Cavaliers).
Hospitals/medical centers in Leesburg:
- LOUDOUN HOSPITAL CENTER, LANSDOWNE (44045 RIVERSIDE PARKWAY)
- PIEDMONT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CENTER (42009 VICTORY LANE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Leesburg:
- INOVA FAIR OAKS HOSPITAL (about 20 miles; FAIRFAX, VA)
- FREDERICK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; FREDERICK, MD)
- JEFFERSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; RANSON, WV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Leesburg:
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 15 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 41 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- HAGERSTOWN REGIONAL-RICHARD A HENSON FLD (about 43 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD; ID: HGR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Leesburg:
- LEESBURG EXECUTIVE (about 3 miles; LEESBURG, VA; ID: JYO)
- FREDERICK MUNI (about 25 miles; FREDERICK, MD; ID: FDK)
- MANASSAS REGIONAL/HARRY P. DAVIS FIELD (about 28 miles; MANASSAS, VA; ID: HEF)
Amtrak stations near Leesburg:
- 14 miles: DULLES INTERNATIONAL AP'T (HERNDON, DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 20 miles: HARPERS FERRY (POTOMAC ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Leesburg:
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; FAIRFAX, VA; Full-time enrollment: 16,564)
- FREDERICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 25 miles; FREDERICK, MD; FT enrollment: 2,407)
- MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; ROCKVILLE, MD; FT enrollment: 11,829)
- SHEPHERD COLLEGE (about 29 miles; Shepherdstown, WV; FT enrollment: 3,576)
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; ANNANDALE, VA; FT enrollment: 19,406)
- MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; ARLINGTON, VA; FT enrollment: 2,479)
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 8,859)
Public high school in Leesburg:
- LOUDOUN COUNTY HIGH (Students: 1,146; Location: 415 DRY MILL RD SW; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Leesburg:
- LEESBURG CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 141; Location: 21336 EVERGREEN MILLS ROAD; Grades: KG - 12)
- GRAYDON MANOR SCHOOL (Students: 41; Location: 801 CHILDREN'S CENTER RD; Grades: 2 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Leesburg:
- HARPER PARK MIDDLE (Students: 1,182; Location: 701 POTOMAC STATION DR NE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- HERITAGE HIGH (Students: 1,112; Location: 520 EVERGREEN MILL RD. SE; Grades: PK - 12)
- J. LUPTON SIMPSON MIDDLE (Students: 969; Location: 490 EVERGREEN MILL RD SE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BELMONT RIDGE MIDDLE (Students: 967; Location: 19045 UPPER BELMONT PLACE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- EVERGREEN MILL ELEM (Students: 830; Location: 491 EVERGREEN MILL RD SE; Grades: PK - 05)
- JOHN W. TOLBERT, JR. ELEM. (Students: 752; Location: 691 POTOMAC STATION DR NE; Grades: PK - 05)
- COOL SPRING ELEM. (Students: 692; Location: 501 TAVISTOCK DR SE; Grades: PK - 05)
- SELDENS LANDING ELEM. (Students: 679; Location: 43345 COTON COMMONS DR.; Grades: PK - 05)
- LEESBURG ELEM. (Students: 584; Location: 323 PLAZA ST NE; Grades: PK - 05)
- FRANCES HAZEL REID ELEM. (Students: 569; Location: 800 N. KING ST.; Grades: PK - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Leesburg:
- LOUDOUN COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 203; Location: 237 FAIRVIEW ST NW; Grades: PK - 8)
- CHESTERBROOK ACADEMY (Students: 80; Location: 6 CARDINAL PARK DRIVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- A KID'S PLACE (Students: 47; Location: 248 LOUDOUN ST S W; Grades: PK - KG)
- PAXTON CHILD DEVELOPMENT CNTER (Students: 24; Location: 420 WILDMAN ST NE; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Leesburg:
- LOUDOUN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $6,275,910; Location: 908A TRAILVIEW BLVD., S.E.; 366,607 books; 26,976 audio materials; 23,842 video materials; 936 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Leesburg: Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets (A), Leesburg Country Club (B), Balls Bluff Battlefield (C), Cardinal Industrial Park (D), Tuscarora Business Park (E), Waverly Business Park (F), Westpark Golf Club (G), Thomas Balch Library (H), Loudoun County Courthouse (I), Stanley F Caulkins Terminal Building (J), Rust Library (K), Loudoun Museum (L), Loudoun County Jail (M), Dodona Manor (N), Carlheim (O).
Shopping Centers: Virginia Village Shopping Center (1), Leesburg Plaza Shopping Center (2), Battlefield Shopping Center (3), Toll House Shopping Center (4), Market Station Shopping Center (5).
Churches in Leesburg include: Full Gospel Church (A), Providence Baptist Church (B), Saint James Episcopal Church (C), Saint John the Apostle Church (D), Cornerstone Chapel (E), Leesburg Presbyterian Church (F), Leesburg Seventh Day Adventist Church (G), Mount Olive Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Old Stone Church Cemetery (1), Old Saint James Cemetery (2), Balls Bluff National Cemetery (3), Union Cemetery (4).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Dry Mill Branch (A), Town Branch (B).
Parks in Leesburg include: Smithsonian Naturalist Center (1), Plaza Street Park (2), Ida Lee Park and Recreation Center (3), Balls Bluff Regional Park (4), Harper Park (5), Olde Izaak Walton Park (6), Leesburg Historic District (7).
Post office: (A).
Leesburg compared to Virginia state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Leesburg:
- WAGE (1200 AM; 5 kW; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: RADIO WAGE, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTRI (1520 AM; daytime; 17 kW; BRUNSWICK, MD; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WGOP (700 AM; daytime; 25 kW; WALKERSVILLE, MD; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WXTR (820 AM; 4 kW; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Leesburg:
- W228BA (93.5 FM; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WFRE (99.9 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W219BX (91.7 FM; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: CEDAR RIDGE CHILDREN'S HOME & SCHOOL, INC)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WWVZ (103.9 FM; BRADDOCK HEIGHTS, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WARX (106.9 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: MANNING BROADCASTING INC.)
- WPER (89.9 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO INC.)
- WAFY (103.1 FM; MIDDLETOWN, MD; Owner: FREDERICK BROADCASTING LLC)
- WAYZ-FM (104.7 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: HJV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WETH (89.1 FM; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WJFK-FM (106.7 FM; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF WASHINGTON, DC)
- WJZW (105.9 FM; WOODBRIDGE, VA; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIHT (99.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WLTF (97.5 FM; MARTINSBURG, WV; Owner: PRETTYMAN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMZQ-FM (98.7 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- W243AF (96.5 FM; FLINT HILL, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
TV broadcast stations around Leesburg:
- WFPT (Channel 62; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: MARYLAND PUBLIC BROADCASTING COMMISSION)
- WTTG (Channel 5; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WJLA-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ACC LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUSA (Channel 9; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE DETROIT NEWS, INC.)
- WNVC (Channel 56; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WHUT-TV (Channel 32; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- W52AS (Channel 52; FREDERICK, MD; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPXW (Channel 66; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: PAXSON WASHINGTON LICENSE, INC.)
- WNVT (Channel 53; GOLDVEIN, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRC-TV (Channel 4; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WRC-TV), INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.