Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 43,242
Males: 20,159 (46.6%), Females: 23,083 (53.4%)
Median resident age: 40.4 years
Median household income: $55,420 (year 2000)
Median house value: $150,200 (year 2000)
Tuckahoe, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Tuckahoe:
- White Non-Hispanic (87.5%)
- Black (5.8%)
- Hispanic (2.1%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Korean (0.5%)
Ancestries: English (22.0%), German (12.9%), United States (11.7%), Irish (11.5%), Scotch-Irish (4.0%), Italian (4.0%).
New! Virginia forum
Elevation: 230 feet
Land area: 20.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Tuckahoe
- High school or higher: 93.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 49.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 19.3%
- Unemployed: 2.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tuckahoe CDP
- Never married: 21.8%
- Now married: 59.3%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 9.1%
8.6% Foreign born (3.6% Asia, 2.9% Europe, 1.5% Latin America).
Preserve - community on 11,500 preserved acres in the VA Highlands />
Virginia Homes - home search. View homes in Richmond VA area. Find an agent. />
Real Estate - Chantilly, Virginia real estate listings, with photos! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: VA Richmond, (8.8 miles pop. 197,790).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (99.0 miles pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (235.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: VA (4.9 miles Dumbarton, Air, VA (5.3 miles Bon VA (5.4 miles Laurel, Short Pump, VA (5.7 miles) , VA (7.0 miles Lakeside, VA (7.4 miles Wyndham, Allen, VA Glen (7.6 miles VA Richmond, (8.8 miles
Latitude: 37.60 N, Longitude: 77.58 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.1%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (15.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.3%), Retail trade (13.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -7,759 (-17.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,316 (15.3%)
Average climate in Tuckahoe, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tuckahoe-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 3% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/6/1993, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.4 miles away from the Tuckahoe city center killed 4 people and injured 246 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/1/1998, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.9 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and caused $800,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Tuckahoe:
- HENRICO DOCTORS HOSPITAL FOREST (about 1 miles; RICHMOND, VA)
- HEALTHSOUTH MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; RICHMOND, VA)
- HEALTHSOUTH REHAB HOSP OF VIRGINIA (about 5 miles; RICHMOND, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Tuckahoe:
- RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL (about 20 miles; RICHMOND, VA; ID: RIC)
- CHARLOTTESVILLE-ALBEMARLE (about 71 miles; CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA; ID: CHO)
- NEWPORT NEWS/WILLIAMSBURG INTERNATIONAL (about 83 miles; NEWPORT NEWS, VA; ID: PHF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Tuckahoe:
- HANOVER COUNTY MUNI (about 13 miles; RICHMOND/ASHLAND, VA; ID: OFP)
- CHESTERFIELD COUNTY (about 15 miles; RICHMOND, VA; ID: FCI)
- WATHALL CHANNEL (about 26 miles; CHESTER, VA; ID: 2G6)
Amtrak stations near Tuckahoe:
- 6 miles: RICHMOND (7519 STAPLES MILL RD.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar and vending machines, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 11 miles: RICHMOND, MAIN STREET (RICHMOND, 1500 MAIN STREET). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms.
- 13 miles: ASHLAND (112 RAILROAD AVE.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tuckahoe:
- J SARGEANT REYNOLDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; RICHMOND, VA; Full-time enrollment: 4,906)
- UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND (about 8 miles; RICHMOND, VA; FT enrollment: 3,756)
- VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; RICHMOND, VA; FT enrollment: 18,753)
- JOHN TYLER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; CHESTER, VA; FT enrollment: 2,520)
- VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY (about 30 miles; PETERSBURG, VA; FT enrollment: 3,641)
- MARY WASHINGTON COLLEGE (about 50 miles; FREDERICKSBURG, VA; FT enrollment: 3,731)
- LONGWOOD COLLEGE (about 61 miles; FARMVILLE, VA; FT enrollment: 3,557)
| || |
Notable locations in Tuckahoe: Koger Busines Center (A), Country Club of Virginia (B), James River Golf Club (C), Tuckahoe Branch Henrico County Public Library (D).
Shopping Centers: Ridge Shopping Center (1), Regency Square Shopping Center (2), Canterbury Shopping Center (3), Parham Plaza Shopping Center (4), Tuckahoe Village Shopping Center (5), Tuckahoe Village Merchants Square Shopping Center (6), Tuckahoe Shopping Center (7).
Churches in Tuckahoe include: Quioccasin Baptist Church (A), Ridge Baptist Church (B), River Road Baptist Church (C), River Road Presbyterian Church (D), River Road United Methodist Church (E), Colonial Place Church (F), Saint Marys Church (G), Saint Mathews Church (H).
Cemeteries: Ridge Cemetery (1), Westhampton Memorial Park (2).
Reservoirs: Westbury Lake (A), Shadow Pond (B), Glenbrook Pond (C), Bryant Pond (D), Shaaf Pond (E), Canterbury Lake (F), Duval Pond (G).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Rattlesnake Creek (A), Georges Branch (B), Flat Branch (C), East Branch Tuckahoe Creek (D), Salles Creek (E), Deep Run (F), Cabin Branch (G), Westham Creek (H).
Tuckahoe compared to Virginia state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Tuckahoe:
- WRNL (910 AM; 5 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WXGI (950 AM; 4 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: GEE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WREJ (1540 AM; 10 kW; RICHMOND, VA)
- WBTK (1380 AM; 5 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WLEE (1320 AM; 5 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: 4M OF RICHMOND, INC)
- WGGM (820 AM; 10 kW; CHESTER, VA; Owner: HOFFMAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WFTH (1590 AM; 5 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: TRI-CITY CHRISTIAN RADIO, INC.)
- WDZY (1290 AM; 25 kW; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WVNZ (1320 AM; 5 kW; RICHMOND, VA)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tuckahoe:
- WCDX (92.1 FM; MECHANICSVILLE, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WMXB (103.7 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WRXL (102.1 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCVE-FM (88.9 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBTJ (106.5 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WJMO-FM (105.7 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WBBT-FM (107.3 FM; POWHATAN, VA; Owner: MAINQUAD, INC.)
- WDCE (90.1 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND)
- WYFJ (100.1 FM; ASHLAND, VA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WDYL (101.1 FM; CHESTER, VA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKJS (104.7 FM; CREWE, VA; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WKHK (95.3 FM; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WRVQ (94.5 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJZV (93.1 FM; ETTRICK, VA; Owner: RICHMOND BROADCASTING, INC)
- WWUZ (96.9 FM; BOWLING GREEN, VA; Owner: THE FREE LANCE-STAR PUBLISHING CO. OF FREDERICKSBURG, VA)
- W219CX (91.7 FM; LAKESIDE/RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WTVR-FM (98.1 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W298AG (107.5 FM; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
TV broadcast stations around Tuckahoe:
- WCVE-TV (Channel 23; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXOB-LP (Channel 17; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: KM BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRLH-TV (Channel 35; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: WRLH LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTVR-TV (Channel 6; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: ELCOM OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
- WCVW (Channel 57; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRIC-TV (Channel 8; PETERSBURG, VA; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF RICHMOND, INC.)
- WWBT (Channel 12; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY OF VIRGINIA)
- W48BI (Channel 48; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- W39CO (Channel 39; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WKYV-LP (Channel 61; KEYSVILLE, VA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFMA-LP (Channel 52; FARMVILLE, VA; Owner: TIGER EYE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWAY (Channel 3; WILMINGTON, NC; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- WUPV (Channel 65; ASHLAND, VA; Owner: BELL BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.