Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,493
Males: 3,829 (51.1%), Females: 3,664 (48.9%)
Prince William County
Median resident age: 30.2 years
Median household income: $48,242 (year 2000)
Median house value: $119,300 (year 2000)
West Gate, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in West Gate:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (49.9%)
- Hispanic (26.2%)
- Black (17.2%)
- Other race (17.1%)
- Two or more races (4.8%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
- Other Asian (0.9%)
- Filipino (0.7%)
- Korean (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (9.4%), United States (9.2%), Irish (7.6%), English (6.1%), Polish (3.0%), Scotch-Irish (2.3%).
New! Gate, Virginia forum
Land area: 1.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in West Gate
- High school or higher: 74.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in West Gate CDP
- Never married: 30.4%
- Now married: 50.7%
- Separated: 3.1%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 10.6%
21.6% Foreign born (15.3% Latin America, 3.8% Asia).
William, VA. MLS - Photos of Over 5,000 Northern Virginia Real Estate Listings! />
Landing Apts. - Fitness Center Landover Hills, Maryland />
with Rent.com - Falls Church VA apartments Report your lease and get $100. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: City, VA (14.2 miles Dale pop. 55,971).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (34.4 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (182.1 miles Virginia.BrioRealty.com )
Nearest cities: VA (0.6 miles Sudley, Lomond, VA (1.0 miles Loch Run, VA (1.8 miles Bull VA (2.6 miles Manassas, VA (3.0 miles Yorkshire, Park, VA Manassas (3.1 miles VA (5.5 miles Centreville, Hall, VA (6.1 miles Linton
Latitude: 38.78 N, Longitude: 77.50 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (15.1%), Construction (14.1%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.6%), Retail trade (13.5%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,197 (-29.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 299 (7.8%)
Average climate in West Gate, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
West Gate-area historical tornado activity is above Virginia state average. It is 27% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/24/2001, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 23.3 miles away from the West Gate city center injured 2 people and caused $2 million in damages.
On 4/28/2002, a category 4 tornado 27.1 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 122 people and caused $124 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near West Gate:
- PRINCE WILLIAM HOSP (about 3 miles; MANASSAS, VA)
- INOVA FAIR OAKS HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; FAIRFAX, VA)
- POTOMAC HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; WOODBRIDGE, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to West Gate:
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 11 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 33 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 44 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
Other public-use airports nearest to West Gate:
- MANASSAS REGIONAL/HARRY P. DAVIS FIELD (about 5 miles; MANASSAS, VA; ID: HEF)
- WHITMAN STRIP (about 14 miles; MANASSAS, VA; ID: 0V5)
- WARRENTON-FAUQUIER (about 20 miles; WARRENTON, VA; ID: W66)
Amtrak stations near West Gate:
- 3 miles: MANASSAS (9500 WEST ST.). Services: public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 13 miles: DULLES INTERNATIONAL AP'T (HERNDON, DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, car rental agency, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 20 miles: WOODBRIDGE (1040 EXPRESS WAY). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to West Gate:
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; FAIRFAX, VA; Full-time enrollment: 16,564)
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; ANNANDALE, VA; FT enrollment: 19,406)
- MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; ARLINGTON, VA; FT enrollment: 2,479)
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (about 31 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 8,859)
- MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (about 31 miles; ROCKVILLE, MD; FT enrollment: 11,829)
- UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (about 32 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 3,223)
- GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 33 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 16,045)
| || |
Shopping Centers: Manaport Plaza Shopping Center (1), Sudley Manor Square Shopping Center (2), Westgate Plaza Shopping Center (3), Festival at Manassas Shopping Center (4).
Church in West Gate: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (A).
West Gate compared to Virginia state average:
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in West Gate:
- WKDV (1460 AM; 5 kW; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WDCT (1310 AM; 5 kW; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, LTD.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WKDL (730 AM; 8 kW; ALEXANDRIA, VA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ALEXANDRIA LICENSEE, LLC)
- WBAL (1090 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: HEARST RADIO, INC.)
- WPRZ (1250 AM; 5 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: PRAISE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in West Gate:
- WPER (89.9 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO INC.)
- WJFK-FM (106.7 FM; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF WASHINGTON, DC)
- WJZW (105.9 FM; WOODBRIDGE, VA; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- W228BA (93.5 FM; LEESBURG, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WINC-FM (92.5 FM; WINCHESTER, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WMZQ-FM (98.7 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBPS-FM (94.3 FM; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF WARRENTON LICENSEE, L.L.C.)
- WTOP-FM (107.7 FM; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WIHT (99.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGTS (91.9 FM; TAKOMA PARK, MD; Owner: COLUMBIA UNION COLLEGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WETA (90.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WKYS (93.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WWDC-FM (101.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WAVA (105.1 FM; ARLINGTON, VA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
- W243AF (96.5 FM; FLINT HILL, VA; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- WGMS-FM (103.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around West Gate:
- WNVT (Channel 53; GOLDVEIN, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPXW (Channel 66; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: PAXSON WASHINGTON LICENSE, INC.)
- WNVC (Channel 56; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJLA-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ACC LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUSA (Channel 9; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE DETROIT NEWS, INC.)
- WTTG (Channel 5; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- W42BE (Channel 42; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: FAIRFAX LOW POWER CO.)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WHUT-TV (Channel 32; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WRC-TV (Channel 4; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WRC-TV), INC.)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.