Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 31,941
Males: 16,166 (50.6%), Females: 15,775 (49.4%)
Median resident age: 30.3 years
Median household income: $50,525 (year 2000)
Median house value: $115,500 (year 2000)
Woodbridge, VA residents, houses, and apartments details
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Woodbridge:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (49.2%)
- Black (23.4%)
- Hispanic (19.1%)
- Other race (9.6%)
- Two or more races (5.0%)
- Other Asian (1.4%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Filipino (1.0%)
- Korean (0.8%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
- Vietnamese (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (10.7%), Irish (9.2%), United States (8.3%), English (6.5%), Italian (2.9%), Subsaharan African (2.2%).
New! Virginia forum
Land area: 10.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Woodbridge
- High school or higher: 80.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.7%
- Unemployed: 3.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Woodbridge CDP
- Never married: 27.4%
- Now married: 54.3%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 4.0%
- Divorced: 10.1%
18.9% Foreign born (11.6% Latin America, 4.0% Asia).
Real Estate - of over 8,000 Virginia real estate listings! />
of McLean Apt's - to Tysons, I-495 & I-66 Walk to shops & restaurants />
Woodbridge - Hotel Rates, Photos & Reviews Find Great Deals with Yahoo! Travel />
with Rent.com - Falls Church VA apartments Report your lease and get $100. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: City, VA (5.6 miles Dale pop. 55,971).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: DC Washington, (25.3 miles travel.Yahoo.com )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (173.0 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: VA (2.7 miles Occoquan, Ridge, VA Lake (4.5 miles VA (4.6 miles Lorton, City, VA (5.6 miles Dale VA (6.0 miles Montclair, VA (6.8 miles Dumfries, VA (7.5 miles Newington, VA (7.8 miles Triangle,
Latitude: 38.64 N, Longitude: 77.26 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 703
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (13.2%), Retail trade (12.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (12.6%), Public administration (12.6%), Construction (12.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,609 (-11.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,702 (16.6%)
Average climate in Woodbridge, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Woodbridge-area historical tornado activity is above Virginia state average. It is 29% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/28/2002, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 8.5 miles away from the Woodbridge city center killed 3 people and injured 122 people and caused $124 million in damages.
On 1/26/1978, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 10 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Aaron Andrews - College basketball player (Morgan State Golden Bears), Chris Vann - College basketball player (Mt. St. Marys Mountaineers), Daniel Fountain - College basketball player (NC Wilmington Seahawks), Donnell Sands - College football player (Hampton Pirates), Jeff Allen - College football player (Maryland Terrapins), John Bryant - College basketball player (Saint Joseph's Hawks), Lee Butler - College basketball player (Miami Hurricanes).
Hospital/medical center in Woodbridge:
- POTOMAC HOSPITAL (2300 OPITZ BOULEVARD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Woodbridge:
- MT VERNON HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; ALEXANDRIA, VA)
- INOVA ALEXANDRIA HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; ALEXANDRIA, VA)
- LYNN HOUSE OF POTOMAC VALLEY (about 16 miles; ALEXANDRIA, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Woodbridge:
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 22 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: DCA)
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 24 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; ID: IAD)
- ANDREWS AFB (about 30 miles; CAMP SPRINGS, MD; ID: ADW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Woodbridge:
- MARYLAND (about 14 miles; INDIAN HEAD, MD; ID: 2W5)
- MANASSAS REGIONAL/HARRY P. DAVIS FIELD (about 18 miles; MANASSAS, VA; ID: HEF)
- STAFFORD REGIONAL (about 23 miles; STAFFORD, VA; ID: RMN)
WOODBRIDGE (1040 EXPRESS WAY). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
College/University in Woodbridge:
- STRAYER UNIVERSITY-WOODBRIDGE CAMPUS (Full-time enrollment: 603; Location: 13385 MINNIEVILLE RD; Private, for-profit; Website: www.strayer.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Woodbridge:
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 14 miles; ANNANDALE, VA; Full-time enrollment: 19,406)
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; FAIRFAX, VA; FT enrollment: 16,564)
- MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; ARLINGTON, VA; FT enrollment: 2,479)
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN MARYLAND (about 21 miles; LA PLATA, MD; FT enrollment: 3,439)
- GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 16,045)
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 8,859)
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; FT enrollment: 11,674)
Public high schools in Woodbridge:
- GAR-FIELD HIGH (Students: 2,811; Location: 14000 SMOKETOWN RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- WOODBRIDGE HIGH (Students: 2,680; Location: 3001 OLD BRIDGE RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- FOREST PARK HIGH (Students: 2,550; Location: 15721 SPRIGGS RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- C. D. HYLTON HIGH (Students: 2,290; Location: 14051 SPRIGGS RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Woodbridge:
- HERITAGE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 296; Location: 14510 SPRIGGS RD; Grades: KG - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Woodbridge:
- FRED M. LYNN MIDDLE (Students: 1,298; Location: 2451 LONGVIEW DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- RIPPON MIDDLE (Students: 1,207; Location: 15101 BLACKBURN RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MILLS E. GODWIN MIDDLE (Students: 1,197; Location: 14800 DARBYDALE AV; Grades: 06 - 08)
- STUART M. BEVILLE MIDDLE (Students: 1,182; Location: 4901 DALE BLVD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LEESYLVANIA ELEM. (Students: 1,094; Location: 15800 NEABSCO RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- LAKE RIDGE MIDDLE (Students: 1,067; Location: 12350 MOHICAN RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WOODBRIDGE MIDDLE (Students: 1,015; Location: 2201 YORK DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SONNIE PENN ELEM (Students: 771; Location: 12980 QUEEN CHAPEL RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- NEABSCO ELEM. (Students: 698; Location: 3800 CORDELL AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
- POTOMAC VIEW ELEM. (Students: 639; Location: 14601 LAMAR RD; Grades: PK - 05)
Biggest private primary/middle schools in Woodbridge:
- AQUINAS SCHOOL (Students: 543; Location: 13750 MARYS WAY; Grades: KG - 8)
- CHRIST CHAPEL CHILDRENS CENTER (Students: 388; Location: 13909 SMOKETOWN ROAD; Grades: PK - 7)
- CLOVERDALE SCHOOL (Students: 137; Location: 13506 MINNIEVILLE RD.; Grades: PK - 2)
- YOUNG WORLD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (Students: 132; Location: 14621 JEFFERSON DAVIS HIGHWAY; Grades: PK - 4)
- TRINITY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 126; Location: 3945 PRINCE WILLIAM PARKWAY; Grades: KG - 8)
- CARDINAL MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 104; Location: 1424 G ST; Grades: PK - 4)
- RIVERVIEW BAPTIST DAY SCHL (Students: 95; Location: 1722 FLORIDA AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- TRINITY TEMPLE PRESCHOOL (Students: 88; Location: 13403 BAXTER; Grades: PK - 3)
- MINNIELAND PRIVATE DAY SCHOOL (Students: 55; Location: 13923 MINNIEVILLE ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- ACADEMY DAY CARE (Students: 38; Location: 13420 MINNIEVILLE RD; Grades: PK - 1)
| || |
Notable locations in Woodbridge: Potomac Community Library (A), Diamond Laboratories (B), Marumsco Creek Community Center (C).
Shopping Centers: Prince William Plaza Shopping Center (1), Potomac Plaza Shopping Center (2), Lynwood Shopping Center (3), Woodbridge Shopping Center (4), Marumsco Plaza Shopping Center (5), Bridgewood Shopping Center (6), Featherstone Shopping Center (7).
Churches in Woodbridge include: Church of God (A), Cokesbury Church (B), Riverview Church (C), Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (D), Saint Margarets Episcopal Church (E), Covenant Church (F), Grace Church (G), Saint Pauls Church (H).
Reservoir: Marumsco Acres Lake (A).
Creeks: Farm Creek (A), Marumsco Acres Creek (B), Easy Creek (C).
Parks in Woodbridge include: Hylbrook Park (1), Veterans Memorial Park (2), Marumsco Acre Lake Park (3), Marumsco National Wildlife Refuge (4), Lancaster Park (5), Hamill Mill Park (6), Riverbend Park (7).
Woodbridge compared to Virginia state average:
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Woodbridge:
- WPWC (1480 AM; 5 kW; DUMFRIES-TRIANGLE, VA; Owner: JMK COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WKDL (730 AM; 8 kW; ALEXANDRIA, VA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ALEXANDRIA LICENSEE, LLC)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WUST (1120 AM; daytime; 20 kW; WASHINGTON, DC)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WMET (1150 AM; 50 kW; GAITHERSBURG, MD; Owner: BELTWAY ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WDCT (1310 AM; 5 kW; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, LTD.)
- WABS (780 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ARLINGTON, VA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
- WFAX (1220 AM; 5 kW; FALLS CHURCH, VA; Owner: NEWCOMB BROADCASTING CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Woodbridge:
- WJFK-FM (106.7 FM; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF WASHINGTON, DC)
- WJZW (105.9 FM; WOODBRIDGE, VA; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WMZQ-FM (98.7 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WETA (90.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: GREATER WASHINGTON EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSN.)
- WGTS (91.9 FM; TAKOMA PARK, MD; Owner: COLUMBIA UNION COLLEGE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WWZZ (104.1 FM; WALDORF, MD; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WRQX (107.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WMAL, INC.)
- WHUR-FM (96.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WASH (97.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WARW (94.7 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIHT (99.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WAVA (105.1 FM; ARLINGTON, VA; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF VIRGINIA, INC.)
- WKYS (93.9 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WWDC-FM (101.1 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGMS-FM (103.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- WAMU (88.5 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE EXEC. COMM. OF THE BD. OF TRUSTEES OF AMERICAN UNIV.)
- WBQB (101.5 FM; FREDERICKSBURG, VA; Owner: MID ATLANTIC NETWORK, INC.)
- WPER (89.9 FM; CULPEPER, VA; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO INC.)
- WMMJ (102.3 FM; BETHESDA, MD; Owner: RADIO ONE LICENSES, LLC)
- WBIG-FM (100.3 FM; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Woodbridge:
- WNVT (Channel 53; GOLDVEIN, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WPXW (Channel 66; MANASSAS, VA; Owner: PAXSON WASHINGTON LICENSE, INC.)
- WNVC (Channel 56; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: COMMONWEALTH PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJLA-TV (Channel 7; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ACC LICENSEE, INC.)
- WUSA (Channel 9; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE DETROIT NEWS, INC.)
- WTTG (Channel 5; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WETA-TV (Channel 26; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: THE GREATER WASHINGTON ED TELECOMM. ASSOC)
- WDCA (Channel 20; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WHUT-TV (Channel 32; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: HOWARD UNIVERSITY)
- WRC-TV (Channel 4; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (WRC-TV), INC.)
- WBDC-TV (Channel 50; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: WBDC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WIAV-LP (Channel 58; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ASIAVISION, INC.)
- W42BE (Channel 42; FAIRFAX, VA; Owner: FAIRFAX LOW POWER CO.)
- W28BY (Channel 63; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: INFORMATION SUPER STATION, L.L.C.)
- WMDO-CA (Channel 30; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WZDC-LP (Channel 64; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: ONDA CAPITAL, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.