Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,396
Males: 3,166 (49.5%), Females: 3,230 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 37.7 years
Median household income: $48,594 (year 2000)
Median house value: $154,500 (year 2000)
Cheat Lake, WV residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Cheat Lake:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.2%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Hispanic (0.5%)
- Chinese (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (18.6%), Irish (17.4%), English (15.0%), Italian (10.6%), United States (9.8%), Polish (5.0%).
New! Lake, West Virginia forum
Elevation: 960 feet
Land area: 14.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Cheat Lake
- High school or higher: 88.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 41.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 22.4%
- Unemployed: 3.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cheat Lake CDP
- Never married: 19.5%
- Now married: 65.1%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 9.2%
2.7% Foreign born (1.6% Asia, 1.1% Europe).
Virginia Real Estate - West Virginia Home Listings Start Searching today. />
& Car Auctions - Seized Cars and Real Estate Auction Listings. Cars From $100. />
apartments Barcelona - in the city center. From 75 โฌ. Special on line offers />
Hotels at Yahoo - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Pittsburgh, (54.3 miles pop. 334,563).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (324.3 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: WV (5.1 miles Brookhaven, Marion, PA Point (5.8 miles WV Morgantown, (7.1 miles WV (8.6 miles Westover, WV Masontown, (8.7 miles City, WV (9.2 miles Star WV (9.4 miles Granville, PA (9.6 miles Greensboro,
Latitude: 39.67 N, Longitude: 79.85 W
Area code: 304
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (39.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,321 (-36.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 228 (7.2%)
Average climate in Cheat Lake, West Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cheat Lake-area historical tornado activity is above West Virginia state average. It is 42% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/3/1980, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.0 miles away from the Cheat Lake city center injured 19 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1998, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 50.9 miles away from the city center injured 5 people and caused $6 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Cheat Lake:
- MONONGALIA COUNTY GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; MORGANTOWN, WV)
- WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS (about 8 miles; MORGANTOWN, WV)
- PRESTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 18 miles; KINGWOOD, WV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Cheat Lake:
- MORGANTOWN MUNI-WALTER L. BILL HART FLD (about 4 miles; MORGANTOWN, WV; ID: MGW)
- HARRISON/MARION REGIONAL (about 37 miles; CLARKSBURG, WV; ID: CKB)
- ALLEGHENY COUNTY (about 48 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; ID: AGC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Cheat Lake:
- TITUS FIELD (about 13 miles; ARTHURDALE, WV; ID: 70D)
- CONNELLSVILLE (about 24 miles; CONNELLSVILLE, PA; ID: VVS)
- GREENE COUNTY (about 25 miles; WAYNESBURG, PA; ID: WAY)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cheat Lake:
- WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY (about 8 miles; MORGANTOWN, WV; Full-time enrollment: 19,666)
- FAIRMONT STATE COLLEGE (about 24 miles; FAIRMONT, WV; FT enrollment: 5,317)
- CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 28 miles; CALIFORNIA, PA; FT enrollment: 5,183)
- WESTMORELAND COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 44 miles; YOUNGWOOD, PA; FT enrollment: 3,223)
- CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY (about 54 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 7,903)
- UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH-MAIN CAMPUS (about 55 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 22,930)
- DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY (about 55 miles; PITTSBURGH, PA; FT enrollment: 8,199)
| || |
Notable locations in Cheat Lake: Lakeview Country Club (A), Mont Chateau (B).
Churches in Cheat Lake include: Great Neck Church (A), Calvary Church (B), Cheat Neck Methodist Church (C), Community United Methodist Church (D), Mount Union Church (E), Zion Church (F), Fletcher Chapel (G), Avery Church (H).
Cemeteries: Donaldson Cemetery (1), Baker Cemetery (2), Pleasant Hill Cemetery (3), Blaney Cemetery (4).
Reservoirs: Cheat Lake (A), Tibbs Run Reservoir (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Whites Run (A), Buzzard Run (B), Coles Run (C), Quarry Run (D), Kelly Run (E), Morgan Run (F), Maple Run (G).
Park in Cheat Lake: West Virginia Botanic Garden (1).
Cheat Lake compared to West Virginia state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Cheat Lake:
- WAJR (1440 AM; 5 kW; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION)
- WCLG (1300 AM; 3 kW; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: BOWERS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMBS (590 AM; 1 kW; UNIONTOWN, PA; Owner: FAYETTE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WMMN (920 AM; 5 kW; FAIRMONT, WV; Owner: FANTASIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WASP (1130 AM; daytime; 5 kW; BROWNSVILLE, PA; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WKHB (620 AM; 6 kW; IRWIN, PA; Owner: BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWCS (540 AM; 5 kW; CANONSBURG, PA; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WVSC (990 AM; 10 kW; SOMERSET, PA; Owner: FOREVER OF JOHNSTOWN, INC.)
- WFSP (1560 AM; daytime; 1 kW; KINGWOOD, WV; Owner: WFSP, INC.)
- WFRB (560 AM; 5 kW; FROSTBURG, MD; Owner: WTBO-WKGO CORPORATION, L.L.C.)
- WPIT (730 AM; 5 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cheat Lake:
- WVPM (90.9 FM; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WRIJ (106.9 FM; MASONTOWN, PA; Owner: HE'S ALIVE INC.)
- WVAQ (101.9 FM; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA RADIO CORPORATION)
- WOGG (94.9 FM; OLIVER, PA; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WCLG-FM (100.1 FM; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: BOWERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWVU-FM (91.7 FM; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY BOARD OF GOVERNORS)
- WZST (100.9 FM; WESTOVER, WV; Owner: TSCHUDY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WKMM (96.7 FM; KINGWOOD, WV; Owner: MARPAT CORPORATION)
- WYFU (88.5 FM; MASONTOWN, PA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETORK, INC.)
- WKKW (97.9 FM; FAIRMONT, WV; Owner: DESCENDANTS TRUST, LAUREN M.KELLEY, TRUSTEE)
- WFSP-FM (107.7 FM; KINGWOOD, WV; Owner: WFSP, INC.)
- WANB-FM (103.1 FM; WAYNESBURG, PA; Owner: BROADCAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WWHC (92.3 FM; OAKLAND, MD; Owner: OAKLAND MEDIA GROUP, INC)
- WPKL (99.3 FM; UNIONTOWN, PA; Owner: KEYMARKET LICENSES, LLC)
- WLSW (103.9 FM; SCOTTDALE, PA; Owner: L. STANLEY WALL)
- WBVQ (93.1 FM; BARRACKVILLE, WV; Owner: CAT RADIO, INC.)
- WGYE (102.7 FM; MANNINGTON, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
- W279AE (103.7 FM; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: BURBACH OF DE, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Cheat Lake:
- WNPB-TV (Channel 24; MORGANTOWN, WV; Owner: WEST VIRGINIA EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WTAE-TV (Channel 4; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: WTAE HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WWAT-CA (Channel 45; UNIONTOWN, PA; Owner: ABACUS TELEVISION)
- W35AW (Channel 35; UNIONTOWN, PA; Owner: DEBRA GOODWORTH)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.