Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,905. Estimated population in July 2005: 13,017 (+19.4% change)
Males: 5,418 (49.7%), Females: 5,487 (50.3%)
Median resident age: 33.5 years
Median household income: $46,561 (year 2000)
Median house value: $129,900 (year 2000)
Hartford, WI residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Hartford:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.3%)
- Hispanic (3.0%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (54.0%), Irish (12.4%), Polish (10.1%), English (5.2%), Norwegian (4.9%), United States (4.1%).
New! Wisconsin forum
Elevation: 1000 feet
Land area: 6.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Hartford
- High school or higher: 85.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 2.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 22.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hartford city
- Never married: 23.9%
- Now married: 57.6%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 10.6%
4.4% Foreign born (1.7% Latin America, 1.3% Europe, 0.8% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +2,547 (+30.5%).
Foreclosures - Foreclosures low as $10k Search Free Today! />
Wisconsin - apartments. Perfectly set up for working away from home />
real estate - and resources to start, manage and grow your business. />
Wisconsin Hotels - Official Wisconsin Hotel Site Book Online Or Call Toll Free />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: WI Waukesha, (23.4 miles www.AllBusiness.com )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: WI Milwaukee, (34.4 miles pop. 596,974).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (112.9 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: WI (0.0 miles Hartford, Lawrence, WI (4.8 miles St. WI (5.6 miles Rubicon, Lake, WI (6.4 miles Cedar WI (6.6 miles Slinger, WI (7.2 miles Addison, WI (9.2 miles Aurora, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 14 buildings, average cost: $186,100
- 1998: 16 buildings, average cost: $156,500
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $138,100
- 2002: 7 buildings, average cost: $157,600
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $257,400
Latitude: 43.32 N, Longitude: 88.38 W
Area code: 262
Hartford, Wisconsin business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (36.3%), Educational,health and social services (14.2%), Retail trade (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,355 (+21.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,155 (39.0%)
Crime in Hartford by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||9.2 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||18.3 ||18.3 ||18.3 ||18.3 ||9.2 |
|Assaults ||10 ||3 ||8 ||4 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||91.7 ||27.5 ||73.4 ||36.7 ||91.7 |
|Burglaries ||50 ||28 ||23 ||16 ||18 |
| per 100,000 ||458.5 ||256.8 ||210.9 ||146.7 ||165.1 |
|Thefts ||353 ||413 ||310 ||341 ||312 |
| per 100,000 ||3237.0 ||3787.3 ||2842.7 ||3127.0 ||2861.1 |
|Auto thefts ||15 ||10 ||16 ||15 ||13 |
| per 100,000 ||137.6 ||91.7 ||146.7 ||137.6 ||119.2 |
| ||196.4 ||187.8 ||164.1 ||159.2 ||156.6 |
Average climate in Hartford, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hartford-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 74% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/18/1996, a category 5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 27.8 miles away from the Hartford city center injured 12 people and caused $40 million in damages.
On 4/4/1981, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 14.5 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 53 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Hartford:
- AURORA MEDICAL CTR OF WASHINGTON CTY (1032 E SUMNER ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Hartford:
- ST JOSEPHS COMMUNITY HOSP OF WEST BEND (about 15 miles; WEST BEND, WI)
- OCONOMOWOC MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; OCONOMOWOC, WI)
- ROGERS MEMORIAL HOSP (about 17 miles; OCONOMOWOC, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hartford:
- GENERAL MITCHELL INTERNATIONAL (about 44 miles; MILWAUKEE, WI; ID: MKE)
- WITTMAN REGIONAL (about 48 miles; OSHKOSH, WI; ID: OSH)
- KENOSHA REGIONAL (about 60 miles; KENOSHA, WI; ID: ENW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hartford:
- HARTFORD MUNI (about 2 miles; HARTFORD, WI; ID: HXF)
- HAHN SKY RANCH (about 12 miles; WEST BEND, WI; ID: 2T5)
- WEST BEND MUNI (about 20 miles; WEST BEND, WI; ID: ETB)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hartford:
- WAUKESHA COUNTY TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 19 miles; PEWAUKEE, WI; Full-time enrollment: 3,465)
- CARROLL COLLEGE (about 24 miles; WAUKESHA, WI; FT enrollment: 2,332)
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY-WISCONSIN (about 27 miles; MEQUON, WI; FT enrollment: 3,654)
- MORAINE PARK TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 31 miles; FOND DU LAC, WI; FT enrollment: 3,037)
- CARDINAL STRITCH UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; MILWAUKEE, WI; FT enrollment: 4,913)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE (about 36 miles; MILWAUKEE, WI; FT enrollment: 18,994)
- MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; MILWAUKEE, WI; FT enrollment: 9,589)
Public high school in Hartford:
- HARTFORD HI (Students: 1,684; Location: 805 CEDAR ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Hartford:
- ST AUGUSTINE SCHOOL INC (Students: 71; Location: 1810 HWY CC; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Hartford:
- LINCOLN EL (Students: 562; Location: 755 S RURAL ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- CENTRAL MID (Students: 561; Location: 1100 CEDAR ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ROSSMAN EL (Students: 501; Location: 600 HIGHLAND AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
- ADDISON EL (Students: 384; Location: 5050 INDIAN RD; Grades: PK - 05)
- ERIN EL (Students: 371; Location: 6901 HIGHWAY O; Grades: PK - 08)
Private primary/middle schools in Hartford:
- ST KILIAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 268; Location: 245 HIGH STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- PEACE LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 195; Location: 1025 PEACE LUTHERAN DRIVE; Grades: KG - 8)
Library in Hartford:
- HARTFORD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $777,726; Location: 115 N. MAIN ST.; 104,917 books; 5,529 audio materials; 3,135 video materials; 205 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Hartford: Hartford Sewage Disposal Plant (A), Hartford City Hall (B), Hartford Public Library (C).
Churches in Hartford include: Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church (A), Redeemer Lutheran Church (B), Saint Johns United Church of Christ (C), English Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer (D), First Baptist Church (E), First Congregational Church of Hartford (F), Saint Kilian Roman Catholic Church (G).
Cemeteries: Saint Killian Cemetery (1), Union Cemetery (2).
Reservoir: Hartford Millpond 32 (A).
Park in Hartford: West Park (1).
Post office: (A).
Hartford compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Hartford:
- WTKM (1540 AM; daytime; 1 kW; HARTFORD, WI)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKSH (1640 AM; 10 kW; SUSSEX, WI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WAUK (1510 AM; daytime; 10 kW; WAUKESHA, WI; Owner: WALT-WEST WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBKV (1470 AM; 3 kW; WEST BEND, WI; Owner: WEST BEND BROADCASTING CO.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOKY (920 AM; 5 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hartford:
- WTKM-FM (104.9 FM; HARTFORD, WI; Owner: KETTLE MORAINE B/CTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WBWI-FM (92.5 FM; WEST BEND, WI; Owner: WEST BEND BROADCASTING CO.)
- WHAD (90.7 FM; DELAFIELD, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WMDC (98.7 FM; MAYVILLE, WI; Owner: RADIO PLUS, INC.)
- WJZI (93.3 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: MILWAUKEE RADIO ALLIANCE, LLC)
- WLTQ (97.3 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMIL-FM (106.1 FM; WAUKESHA, WI; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKTI-FM (94.5 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WFZH (105.3 FM; MUKWONAGO, WI; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WUWM (89.7 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WXSS (103.7 FM; WAUWATOSA, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MILWAUKEE LICENSE, LLC)
- WKLH (96.5 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: LAKEFRONT COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WLUM-FM (102.1 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: MILWAUKEE RADIO ALLIANCE, LLC)
- WMWK (88.1 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WFDL-FM (97.7 FM; LOMIRA, WI; Owner: RADIO PLUS OF FOND DU LAC, INC.)
- WFMR (106.9 FM; BROOKFIELD, WI; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF MILWAUKEE, LLC)
- WVCY-FM (107.7 FM; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Hartford:
- WWRS-TV (Channel 52; MAYVILLE, WI; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- WMMF-TV (Channel 68; FOND DU LAC, WI; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF WISCONSIN, A CALIFORNIA LTD PARTNRSHP)
- WITI (Channel 6; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: WITI LICENSE,INC.)
- WDJT-TV (Channel 58; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: WDJT-TV LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WISN-TV (Channel 12; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: WISN HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC. (CA CORP.))
- WPXE (Channel 55; KENOSHA, WI; Owner: PAXSON MILWAUKEE LICENSE, INC.)
- WMVS (Channel 10; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: MILWAUKEE AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD)
- WMVT (Channel 36; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: MILWAUKEE AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE DISTRICT BOARD)
- WMLW-CA (Channel 46; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CHANNEL 41 AND 63 LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W63CU (Channel 63; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CHANNEL 41 AND 63 LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCGV-TV (Channel 24; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: WCGV LICENSEE, LLC)
- WVTV (Channel 18; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: WVTV LICENSEE, INC.)
- WTMJ-TV (Channel 4; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WVCY-TV (Channel 30; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WTAS-LP (Channel 43; WAUKESHA, WI; Owner: WAUKESHA TOWER ASSOCIATES)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.