Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,639. Estimated population in July 2005: 12,144 (-3.9% change)
Males: 6,212 (49.1%), Females: 6,427 (50.9%)
Median resident age: 38.2 years
Median household income: $39,701 (year 2000)
Median house value: $77,900 (year 2000)
Two Rivers, WI residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Two Rivers:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.0%)
- Other Asian (1.9%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Other race (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (47.5%), Polish (14.7%), Czech (10.7%), French (8.2%), Irish (7.6%), United States (4.8%).
New! Rivers, Wisconsin forum
Elevation: 600 feet
Land area: 5.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Two Rivers
- High school or higher: 85.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 3.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Two Rivers city
- Never married: 23.3%
- Now married: 57.9%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 9.3%
1.4% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -523 (-4.0%).
Foreclosures - Foreclosures low as $10k Search Free Today! />
WI Rentals - 1-3 bedroom rentals near Kewaunee Available Weekly-Monthly />
real estate - and resources to start, manage and grow your business. />
Wisconsin - cheap hotels, maps, attractions & tours - Yahoo! Travel />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: WI Sheboygan, (29.8 miles pop. 50,792).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: WI Milwaukee, (80.6 miles pop. 596,974).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (160.2 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Rivers, WI (0.0 miles Two WI Mishicot, (7.1 miles WI (7.9 miles Manitowoc, Rapids, WI (9.4 miles Manitowoc Creeks, WI (10.2 miles Two Creek, WI (10.5 miles Francis
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 24 buildings, average cost: $79,500
- 2000: 30 buildings, average cost: $86,200
- 2001: 13 buildings, average cost: $102,200
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $110,900
- 2003: 17 buildings, average cost: $87,200
- 2004: 14 buildings, average cost: $132,300
Latitude: 44.15 N, Longitude: 87.58 W
Area code: 920
Two Rivers, Wisconsin business data: stores, dealers, real estate agents, wholesalers, restaurants...
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (40.2%), Educational,health and social services (15.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,086 (-8.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,575 (41.5%)
Crime in Two Rivers by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2001 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||7.9 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||2 ||3 ||0 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||15.8 ||23.7 ||0.0 ||63.3 |
|Robberies ||1 ||1 ||3 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||7.9 ||7.9 ||23.7 ||7.9 |
|Assaults ||7 ||10 ||5 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||55.4 ||79.1 ||39.6 ||63.3 |
|Burglaries ||31 ||24 ||40 ||25 |
| per 100,000 ||245.3 ||189.9 ||316.5 ||197.8 |
|Thefts ||285 ||261 ||173 ||196 |
| per 100,000 ||2254.9 ||2065.0 ||1368.8 ||1550.8 |
|Auto thefts ||5 ||4 ||7 ||6 |
| per 100,000 ||39.6 ||31.6 ||55.4 ||47.5 |
| ||130.3 ||126.1 ||104.3 ||120.0 |
Average climate in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Two Rivers-area historical tornado activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 24% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/5/1994, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.5 miles away from the Two Rivers city center injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/21/1974, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.2 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 18 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Two Rivers:
- AURORA MEDICAL CTR 85 (5000 MEMORIAL DRIVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Two Rivers:
- HOLY FAMILY MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; MANITOWOC, WI)
- SHEBOYGAN MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 28 miles; SHEBOYGAN, WI)
- ST NICHOLAS HOSPITAL (about 31 miles; SHEBOYGAN, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Two Rivers:
- AUSTIN STRAUBEL INTERNATIONAL (about 44 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; ID: GRB)
- OUTAGAMIE COUNTY REGIONAL (about 66 miles; APPLETON, WI; ID: ATW)
- MENOMINEE-MARINETTE TWIN COUNTY (about 67 miles; MENOMINEE, MI; ID: MNM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Two Rivers:
- MANITOWOC COUNTY (about 7 miles; MANITOWOC, WI; ID: MTW)
- SHEBOYGAN COUNTY MEMORIAL (about 33 miles; SHEBOYGAN, WI; ID: SBM)
- FOXAIR (about 38 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; ID: W26)
Amtrak station near Two Rivers:
- 10 miles: MANITOWOC (1545 S. 41ST ST.) - Bus Station
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Two Rivers:
- LAKELAND COLLEGE (about 31 miles; SHEBOYGAN, WI; Full-time enrollment: 2,103)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY (about 33 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; FT enrollment: 4,794)
- NORTHEAST WISCONSIN TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 37 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; FT enrollment: 4,198)
- SAINT NORBERT COLLEGE (about 40 miles; DE PERE, WI; FT enrollment: 2,031)
- FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE AT APPLETON (about 59 miles; APPLETON, WI; FT enrollment: 3,364)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-OSHKOSH (about 67 miles; OSHKOSH, WI; FT enrollment: 9,057)
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY-WISCONSIN (about 70 miles; MEQUON, WI; FT enrollment: 3,654)
Public high school in Two Rivers:
- TWO RIVERS HI (Students: 716; Location: 4519 LINCOLN AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Two Rivers:
- CLARKE MID (Students: 526; Location: 4608 BELLEVUE PL; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MAGEE EL (Students: 309; Location: 3502 GLENWOOD ST; Grades: KG - 05)
- CASE EL (Students: 293; Location: 1322 33RD ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- KOENIG EL (Students: 264; Location: 1114 LOWELL ST; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Two Rivers:
- TWO RIVERS CATH CENT SCHOOL (Students: 229; Location: 1800 JEFFERSON STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST JOHNS EV LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 164; Location: 1707 EAST PARK ST; Grades: KG - 9)
- CHILDRENS HOUSE OF MANITOWOC (Students: 34; Location: 4020 MEMORIAL DR; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Two Rivers:
- LESTER PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $685,087; Location: 1001 ADAMS ST.; 66,856 books; 2,860 audio materials; 3,879 video materials; 199 serial subscriptions)
| || |
Notable locations in Two Rivers: Stop n Dock Marina (A), Seagull Marina (B), Fairview Golf Course (C), J E Hamilton Community House (D), Two Rivers Municipal Nursing Home (E), Two Rivers City Hall (F), Joseph Mann Library (G).
Churches in Two Rivers include: Saint Marks Roman Catholic Church (A), Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (B), Grace Congregational United Church of Christ (C), Saint Johns Evangelical Lutheran Church (D), Lakeshore United Pentecostal Church (E), Saint Lukes Roman Catholic Church (F), Calvary Lutheran Church (G), Emmanuel Evangelical Church (H).
Cemeteries: Forest View Cemetery (1), Holy Cross Cemetery (2).
Rivers: East Twin River (A), West Twin River (B).
Parks in Two Rivers include: Neshotah Park (1), Picnic Hill Park (2), Public Square (3), Riverside Park (4), Lake Shore Park (5), Vietnam Veterans Memorial Park (6), Zander Park (7), Veterans Park (8).
Post office: (A).
Two Rivers compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Two Rivers:
- WTRW (1590 AM; 1 kW; TWO RIVERS, WI; Owner: WTRW, INC.)
- WOMT (1240 AM; 1 kW; MANITOWOC, WI; Owner: SEEHAFER BROADCASTING CORP)
- WCUB (980 AM; 5 kW; TWO RIVERS, WI; Owner: CUB RADIO, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTAQ (1360 AM; 10 kW; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHBL (1330 AM; 5 kW; SHEBOYGAN, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Two Rivers:
- WLTU (92.1 FM; MANITOWOC, WI; Owner: CUB RADIO, INC.)
- WQTC-FM (102.3 FM; MANITOWOC, WI; Owner: SEEHAFER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WZOR (94.7 FM; MISHICOT, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W215BF (90.9 FM; MANITOWOC, WI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WHID (88.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: BD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV OF WI SYS)
- WIXX (101.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXWX (107.5 FM; BRILLION, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WPNE-FM (89.3 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WOGB (103.1 FM; KAUKAUNA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WLKN (98.1 FM; CLEVELAND, WI; Owner: RADIO K-T, INC.)
- WKSZ (95.9 FM; DE PERE, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WEMY (91.5 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EVANGEL MINISTRIES, INC)
- WORQ (90.1 FM; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: LAKESHORE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLYD (99.7 FM; STURGEON BAY, WI; Owner: MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS INC)
- WAUN-FM (92.7 FM; KEWAUNEE, WI; Owner: MAGNUM BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Two Rivers:
- WLUK-TV (Channel 11; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFRV-TV (Channel 5; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WBAY-TV (Channel 2; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF GREEN BAY, INC.)
- WGBA (Channel 26; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: ARIES TELECOMMUNICATION CORPORATION)
- WPNE (Channel 38; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: WISCONSIN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WACY (Channel 32; APPLETON, WI; Owner: ACE TV, INC.)
- W49CB (Channel 49; GREEN BAY, WI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.