Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 1,903
Males: 974 (51.2%), Females: 929 (48.8%)
Median resident age: 45.7 years
Median household income: $36,630 (year 2000)
Median house value: $116,600 (year 2000)
Washington, WI residents, houses, and apartments details
Races in Washington:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.9%)
- American Indian (3.9%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
Ancestries: German (56.5%), Polish (8.0%), Irish (6.7%), English (4.9%), United States (4.4%), Norwegian (3.9%).
New! Wisconsin forum
Elevation: 630 feet
For population 25 years and over in Washington
- High school or higher: 83.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Washington town
- Never married: 18.9%
- Now married: 62.6%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 8.4%
- Divorced: 9.1%
0.8% Foreign born
Lawn Resort - Lake Side Acres in Delevan, WI Web-Only Hot Deals and Packages />
County Lodging - Latest Online Source You Will Find It Here! />
Suites - in beautiful Door County at entrance to Peninsula State Park. />
House Resort - away with the people you care about. Packages available. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bay, WI Green (96.3 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: WI Milwaukee, (176.6 miles )
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (251.1 miles )
Nearest cities: WI Washington, (0.0 miles Bay, WI (19.5 miles Sister
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2003: 7 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2004: 8 buildings, average cost: $100,000
Latitude: 45.39 N, Longitude: 86.93 W
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (21.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (13.3%), Retail trade (10.9%), Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (10.8%).
Average climate in Washington, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Washington-area historical tornado activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 76% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/23/1998, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 33.7 miles away from the Washington city center injured 2 people and caused $5 million in damages.
On 8/19/1968, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 53.0 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
height="300" alt="Washington topographic map" width="400" align="right" border="0" />
Hospitals/medical centers near Washington:
- ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; ESCANABA, MI)
- DOOR COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL 144 (about 49 miles; STURGEON BAY, WI)
- BAY AREA MEDICAL CENTER MARINETTE (about 54 miles; MARINETTE, WI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Washington:
- DELTA COUNTY (about 25 miles; ESCANABA, MI; ID: ESC)
- MENOMINEE-MARINETTE TWIN COUNTY (about 53 miles; MENOMINEE, MI; ID: MNM)
- SAWYER INTERNATIONAL (about 73 miles; MARQUETTE, MI; ID: SAW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Washington:
- WASHINGTON ISLAND (about 2 miles; WASHINGTON ISLAND, WI; ID: 2P2)
- EPHRAIM-FISH CREEK (about 26 miles; EPHRAIM, WI; ID: 3D2)
- W GLADSTONE (about 34 miles; GLADSTONE, MI; ID: 9C9)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Washington:
- NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY (about 87 miles; MARQUETTE, MI; Full-time enrollment: 7,374)
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY (about 93 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; FT enrollment: 4,794)
- NORTHEAST WISCONSIN TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 99 miles; GREEN BAY, WI; FT enrollment: 4,198)
- SAINT NORBERT COLLEGE (about 104 miles; DE PERE, WI; FT enrollment: 2,031)
- NORTHWESTERN MICHIGAN COLLEGE (about 107 miles; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; FT enrollment: 2,343)
- LAKELAND COLLEGE (about 125 miles; SHEBOYGAN, WI; FT enrollment: 2,103)
- FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE AT APPLETON (about 126 miles; APPLETON, WI; FT enrollment: 3,364)
Washington compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Washington:
- WDBC (680 AM; 10 kW; ESCANABA, MI; Owner: KMB BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WCCW (1310 AM; 15 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WCCW RADIO, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Washington:
- WHDI (91.9 FM; SISTER BAY, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WHND (89.7 FM; SISTER BAY, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
TV broadcast stations around Washington:
- WJMN-TV (Channel 3; ESCANABA, MI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- W55AO (Channel 55; SISTER BAY, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.